Everquest Shadowknight Forums

Everquest Shadowknight Forums (http://eqshadowknight.net/index.php)
-   Dirty Deeds (http://eqshadowknight.net/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Innoruuk's Curse Walkthrough (Epic 1.0) (http://eqshadowknight.net/showthread.php?t=46)

Dohn 12-12-2005 07:41 AM

Innoruuk's Curse Walkthrough (Epic 1.0)

This walkthrough is no longer valid.

The February 9th patch of 2021 patched the ability to do invis turn ins on this quest. This walkthrough will cause lost items and no progress. Do not use it. The text is left below for historic purposes only.

The correct walkthrough can be found here.

------

I've done the epic 3 times and this is the path I took the 2nd and 3rd time. With the pieces, you can complete your epic in one day using this guide.(assuming all quest turn in mobs are up) Hell, all of this is common sense, but you still see people asking the same retarded question after the next.

You start the epic non kos, that is all you need to complete it. For every turn in you need to use invis or itu though, or you are royally screwed. Remember that and you will be golden. Oh, and Iksars can do the quest just as easily as everyone else :P

The Quick And Easy Innoruuk's Curse

First (order does not matter but this is the way I chose to do it)

Find a ride to Toxxulia forest: Run to the docks
You say, 'hail Knarthenne Skurl'
Knarthenne Skurl says 'Ah, you do not possess the heart of an innocent. Be gone with you!
You say, 'What heart of an innocent?'
Knarthenne Skurl says 'What's that? Heart of the Innocent, you say?! Ages, it has been, since I was last asked that. The Heart of the Innocent is an item of great power. Few are they who have ever commanded the dark magic of such an object. It is the bound soul of a pure mortal, rare indeed. Take this hollow gem, and combine with it the heart of one who is pure. If your hand is steady and your mind is clear, you shall have what you seek.

You get a Soulcase, now it is time to run to the Hole.
Once you're in the Hole you will need to run to the bank area of the city and kill a mimic until you get a cell key.
Evac to the zone or gate back to Toxx.

Your next objective is to go to the Ratman Jail and find Caradon.
Put the Cell Key in the trade window and get an INVIS.
Hit trade and Kyrenna will pop up and they will begin to pummel you.
Kill Kyrenna and loot Blood of Kyrenna and the Heart of Kyrenna.
Now place the Heart of Kyrenna in the Soulcase you posess and you'll receive Heart of the Innocent.
1 item down, 3 to go before Lhranc time!

Second, run to Kerra Isle:
Seek out Marl Kastane. He is hiding in a hut near the castle area thing.
Put the Blood of Kyrenna in trade and get an INVIS, hit trade and you will get a Dark Shroud.
Back to the Hole again, once you are at the Revenant Tower/Undead area, scout around the graveyard with Invis to Undead on.
When you find Glohnor, clear to that area and get ready to do the trade in.
Put the Dark Shroud in his trade and get an INVIS TO UNDEAD.
He will disappear and a Mummy of Glohnor will pop below you in the crypts.
Kill him and loot the Head of Glohnor and Glohnor wrappings.
Head back to Marl Kastane and put the Glohnor Wrappings in trade and get an INVIS.
You receive the Will of Innoruuk. 2 items down, 2 to go.

Third, head to Paineel and find Gerot Kastane in the beginning of the city near the elevator.
Place the Head of Glohnor in trade and get an INVIS.
You'll receive Head of the Valiant. 3 items down 1 to go.

Fourth, run over to Upper Guk or do the Ghoulbane quest, and get the Ghoulbane.

Now, head on over to Rathe Mtns and go to the Sphinx Hill Area.
Kill anything that moves until Rharzar pops.
Knock this sucker out and loot the Drake Spine.

Hop on over to Qeynos Aquaducts and find Teydar in the evil guild.
If you're kos to them this part will require you to invis, run inside, smack Teydar, and run to the nearby zone.
Hopefully, or with someone hailing him he will stay there.
Put an Enchanted Platinum Bar, a Decrepit Hide, and the Drake Spine in trade, get an INVIS and hit trade.
You will receive a Decrepit Sheath.

Now back to Paineel for the last time.
Find Duriek Bloodpool, usually overlooking or walking under the building in the newbie area.
Place in his trade window: Ghoulbane, Decrepit Sheath, Soul Leech, Dark Sword of Blood, and Blade of Abrogation.
Get your INVIS, hit trade, and you receive the Corrupted Ghoulbane. 4 of 4.

FINALLY, get yourself to City of Mist and put these in Lhranc's trade window: Corrupted Ghoulbane, Heart of an Innocent, Head of the Valiant, and Will of Innoruuk.
Get an INVIS TO UNDEAD (or just make sure he is indifferent with regular invis, but I'm sure its ITU).
Hit trade, receive Lhranc's Coin.
Kill Lhranc, Marl Kastane will pop outside his hut and ask for proof.
Put Lhranc's Coin in trade and get an INVIS.
And finally, you get Innoruuk's Curse.

Will of Innoruuk #2
Now, if you want to get another Will of Innoruk, run to Solusek Temple and kill the mob in there to reset Truespirit Faction and then just do the Hole part again.

Multiquesting!
Also, to Multiquest any of the multiple (hence multi) part turn ins, make sure the person is indifferent or above to Truespirit. If not, or even if they are KOS, you are still good. Just have them do the invis turn in like you would do,but before you.
Here's an example involving 3 people. You: Ghoulbane. 2nd Person: Soul Leech/Blade of Abrogation. 3rd person: Decrepit Sheath.
The 2nd and 3rd person would complete the INVIS turn ins, and then you would do the Ghoulbane last with invis.

KOS To Truespirit Multiquesting
Now if the person is KOS they can still help. You will need another person with invis to do this.
First they will be invis and be right on the Quest giver, so creating a trade window will be easier.
Second, they will need to put the item on their cursor and move their buff window onto the mob so they can click off invis and then click on the Quest giver to initiate the trade window.
Have the 3rd person call out the split second before Invis lands on the KOS person, this is when the KOS person clicks off their invis and clicks on the Quest giver, therefore starting trade and getting an invis before the mob can react.
This will bring their faction to Indifferent, hooray.

The Stupid Parts You Don't Have To Do
All of what is posted above are the only parts you have to do. Obviously, the parts where you turn in items and receive faction are obsolete because of the invis/hide turn in trick. That means you won't have to do things like Kurron Ni, Ratman Guard, or dish out 1,000pp for the cough elixir.

If I missed something tell me, and I will fix it, but I think that pretty much covers it.

Important Items Locations

Soul Leech, Dark Sword of Blood: Drops rarely off of Fright, Dread, and Terror in the Plane of Fear. Week or so spawn??? Death Touch, and take a few groups to kill

Decrepit Hide: Drops extremely rare off of Ashenbone Drakes and possibly Hatebone Drakes in the New Plane of Hate. The respawn in hate was lowered. 1-?? group doable depending on where you go in the zone to fight.

Ghoulbane: Drops off froglok shin lord in upper guk rare, or you can do the quest which involves 4 uncommon drops combined in a container (No MQing) in Unrest, High Hold Keep, Najena, and Butcherblock Mountains. The quest npcs are on Beta Neutral, so you won't need to do any faction work. [editor's note: see following post]

Blade of Abrogation: Drops off of nearly any boss mob in Plane of Air, or uncommon off of mobs on pegasus/griffin isle. Takes 1-3 groups depending on which mob you get it off of. A time consuming but easy way is to go up to PoA every day and clear the first isle including the fairy princess, she drops the sword as well and if she has it she will be wielding it.

Drake Spine: Drops off Rharzar everytime in Rathe Mtns. Lvl 55 Cleric, little green drake. 1 group doable, kill regular mobs on sphinx hill to pop him. [editor's note: loc +1761 +2116, near the merchants]

Platinum Bar: Buy off jeweler merchants for 200ish pp, have an enchanter enchant the bar. You don't have to run seals anymore with the new mob in Sol Temple that resets your faction, so don't bother unless you are bored

Dohn 12-12-2005 07:53 AM

Followup to that: Endler's :Ghoulbane - the easy way Tired of camping that damned lord? Or waiting for those mobs to spawn to do the quest? Fret no more, here is the EASIEST way to get a Ghoulbane. An infinite amount of Ghoulbane's, 5 mins apart. I suggest we use rule #1 with this one. It is perfectly exploit free, so doing it won't get you in trouble. Ready for this awesome piece of knowledge? Here it is! There is a High Elf Paladin in south Felwithe named Joren Nobleheart, just past the room where the Mage GM is. Don't worry, he is non-kos to ALL races and classes, and gives no faction hits when killed. See what he is holding? Looks to be a bronze longsword and a bronze shield, but that is only half true. In fact, he is holding the Ghoulbane! He is about as tough as the Paladin guildmaster himself. He is approx. level 60. He can be slowed, maloed, mezzed, snared, rooted, and just about anything else. Except that he is VERY resistant. He casts heals and will Lay on Hands himself when he gets low. You will need a full group of level 50's or so to take him down. Be carefull if anyone is KoS, if you get too close to the mage GM she will add(only if you are KoS) and make it a much more difficult mission. He can be easily duo'd with a couple 65s. Here is the best part, once you kill him, he will ALWAYS have the Ghoulbane on his corpse. His spawn time is approx. 5 mins.

Okami 12-12-2005 09:37 AM

Let me be the first... "Can we get this stickied?"

Aaubert 12-13-2005 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okami
Let me be the first... "Can we get this stickied?"

oh, hey, this would be a nice stickied thread. -Aauby-

Darkerknight 12-17-2005 05:18 PM

I can confirm he drops it, I just killed him under 5 mins ago to get the ghouldbane and it dropped, thanks for the tip. P.S. Didn't stick around to check respawn time, just gated out.

Nevton 12-27-2005 01:57 PM

Ok, my Sk is lvl 44 now and I have a 59 Druid that I can box with him. How high should I get the Sk before I try to duo the epic please? Thanks

Dohn 12-28-2005 06:03 AM

Minimum of 47, unless you MQ the hide and the swords.

Fallgore 12-28-2005 07:54 AM

The Original Doc

The Original one by Dachande: The Foolproof Epic Guide ________________________________________ I'v done the epic 3 times and this is the path I took the 2nd and 3rd time. With the pieces, you can complete your epic in one day using this guide.(assuming all quest turn in mobs are up) Hell, all of this is common sense, but you still see people asking the same retarded question after the next. You start the epic non kos, that is all you need to complete it. For every turn in you need to use invis or itu though, or you are royally screwed. Remember that and you will be golden. Oh, and Iksars can do the quest just as easily as everyone else :P The Quick And Easy Innoruuk's Curse First (order does not matter but this is the way I chose to do it) Find a ride to Toxxulia forest: Run to the docks You say, 'hail Knarthenne Skurl' Knarthenne Skurl says 'Ah, you do not possess the heart of an innocent. Be gone with you! You say, 'What heart of an innocent?' Knarthenne Skurl says 'What's that? Heart of the Innocent, you say?! Ages, it has been, since I was last asked that. The Heart of the Innocent is an item of great power. Few are they who have ever commanded the dark magic of such an object. It is the bound soul of a pure mortal, rare indeed. Take this hollow gem, and combine with it the heart of one who is pure. If your hand is steady and your mind is clear, you shall have what you seek. You get a Soulcase, now it is time to run to the Hole. Once you're in the Hole you will need to run to the bank area of the city and kill a mimic/ratman guard until you get a cell key. Evac to the zone or gate back to Toxx. Your next objective is to go to the Ratman Jail and find Caradon. Put the Cell Key in the trade window and get an INVIS. Hit trade and Kyrenna will pop up and they will begin to pummel you. Kill Kyrenna and loot Blood of Kyrenna and the Heart of Kyrenna. Now place the Heart of Kyrenna in the Soulcase you posess and you'll receive Heart of the Innocent. 1 item down, 3 to go before Lhranc time! Second, run to Kerra Isle: Seek out Marl Kastane. He is hiding in a hut near the castle area thing. Put the Blood of Kyrenna in trade and get an INVIS, hit trade and you will get a Dark Shroud. Back to the Hole again, once you are at the Revenant Tower/Undead area, scout around the graveyard with Invis to Undead on. When you find Glohnor, clear to that area and get ready to do the trade in. Put the Dark Shroud in his trade and get an INVIS TO UNDEAD. He will disappear and a Mummy of Glohnor will pop below you in the crypts. Kill him and loot the Head of Glohnor and Glohnor wrappings. Head back to Marl Kastane and put the Glohnor Wrappings in trade and get an INVIS. You receive the Will of Innoruuk. 2 items down, 2 to go. Third, head to Paineel and find Gerot Kastane in the beginning of the city near the elevator. Place the Head of Glohnor in trade and get an INVIS. You'll receive Head of the Valiant. 3 items down 1 to go. Fourth, run over to Upper Guk or do the Ghoulbane quest, and get the Ghoulbane. Now, head on over to Rathe Mtns and go to the Sphinx Hill Area. Kill anything that moves until Rharzar pops. Knock this sucker out and loot the Drake Spine. Hop on over to Qeynos Aquaducts and find Teydar in the evil guild. If you're kos to them this part will require you to invis, run inside, smack Teydar, and run to the nearby zone. Hopefully, or with someone hailing him he will stay there. Put an Enchanted Platinum Bar, a Decrepit Hide, and the Drake Spine in trade, get an INVIS and hit trade. You will receive a Decrepit Sheath. Now back to Paineel for the last time. Find Duriek Bloodpool, usually overlooking or walking under the building in the newbie area. Place in his trade window: Ghoulbane, Decrepit Sheath, Soul Leech, Dark Sword of Blood, and Blade of Abrogation. Get your INVIS, hit trade, and you receive the Corrupted Ghoulbane. 4 of 4. FINALLY, get yourself to City of Mist and put these in Lhranc's trade window: Corrupted Ghoulbane, Heart of an Innocent, Head of the Valiant, and Will of Innoruuk. Get an INVIS TO UNDEAD (or just make sure he is indifferent with regular invis, but I'm sure its ITU). Hit trade, receive Lhranc's Coin. Kill Lhranc, Marl Kastane will pop outside his hut and ask for proof. Put Lhranc's Coin in trade and get an INVIS. And finally, you get Innoruuk's Curse. Will of Innoruuk #2 Now, if you want to get another Will of Innoruk, run to Solusek Temple and kill the mob in there to reset Truespirit Faction and then just do the Hole part again. Multiquesting! Also, to Multiquest any of the multiple (hence multi) part turn ins, make sure the person is indifferent or above to Truespirit. If not, or even if they are KOS, you are still good. Just have them do the invis turn in like you would do,but before you. Here's an example involving 3 people. You: Ghoulbane. 2nd Person: Soul Leech/Blade of Abrogation. 3rd person: Decrepit Sheath. The 2nd and 3rd person would complete the INVIS turn ins, and then you would do the Ghoulbane last with invis. KOS To Truespirit Multiquesting Now if the person is KOS they can still help. You will need another person with invis to do this. First they will be invis and be right on the Quest giver, so creating a trade window will be easier. Second, they will need to put the item on their cursor and move their buff window onto the mob so they can click off invis and then click on the Quest giver to initiate the trade window. Have the 3rd person call out the split second before Invis lands on the KOS person, this is when the KOS person clicks off their invis and clicks on the Quest giver, therefore starting trade and getting an invis before the mob can react. This will bring their faction to Indifferent, hooray. The Stupid Parts You Don't Have To Do All of what is posted above are the only parts you have to do. Obviously, the parts where you turn in items and receive faction are obsolete because of the invis/hide turn in trick. That means you won't have to do things like Kurron Ni, Ratman Guard, or dish out 1,000pp for the cough elixir. If I missed something tell me, and I will fix it, but I think that pretty much covers it. Important Items Locations Soul Leech, Dark Sword of Blood: Drops rarely off of Fright, Dread, and Terror in the Plane of Fear. Week or so spawn??? Death Touch, and take a few groups to kill Decrepit Hide: Drops extremely rare off of Ashenbone Drakes and possibly Hatebone Drakes in the New Plane of Hate. The respawn in hate was lowered. 1-?? group doable depending on where you go in the zone to fight. Ghoulbane: Drops off froglok shin lord in upper guk rare, or you can do the quest which involves 4 uncommon drops combined in a container (No MQing) in Unrest, High Hold Keep, Najena, and Butcherblock Mountains. The quest npcs are on Beta Neutral, so you won't need to do any faction work. Blade of Abrogation: Drops off of nearly any boss mob in Plane of Air, or uncommon off of mobs on pegasus/griffin isle. Takes 1-3 groups depending on which mob you get it off of. A time consuming but easy way is to go up to PoA every day and clear the first isle including the fairy princess, she drops the sword as well and if she has it she will be wielding it. Drake Spine: Drops off Rharzar everytime in Rathe Mtns. Lvl 55 Cleric, little green drake. 1 group doable, kill regular mobs on sphinx hill to pop him. Platinum Bar: Buy off jeweler merchants for 200ish pp, have an enchanter enchant the bar. You don't have to run seals anymore with the new mob in Sol Temple that resets your faction, so don't bother unless you are bored. Doch's is just about the same, just shorter, just practically ask for the Soulcase and start from there, GL! Btw, EASIEST way for Ghoulbane is to kill the HIE ELF Pally with it, he's in the Pally home, just invis, upload map, run around till you're there, and kill him. You can solo him as a gimp 65 Sk... Had a 70 Bst to help, he goes down quickly, always has the Ghoulbane.

Dohn 12-29-2005 02:41 AM

Uh...that's exactly what was already reposted.

Cesarre 02-22-2006 09:06 PM

Very nice guide, looking forward to trying it out.