Everquest Shadowknight Forums

Everquest Shadowknight Forums (http://eqshadowknight.net/index.php)
-   Race Discussion (http://eqshadowknight.net/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Do you regret your choice? (http://eqshadowknight.net/showthread.php?t=105)

Zeemus 12-19-2005 07:39 PM

Do you regret your choice?

Looking back, knowing what you do now, do you regret choosing your current race over one you see as being 'better', or one that was not available when you created?

Nastard 12-19-2005 07:58 PM

I would've been an Iksar. The AC bonus seems well worth the 20% exp penalty, especially now that I'm max exp.

Smelleye Scratchalot 12-20-2005 12:32 AM

Troll ftw im happy with my choice..

Dalmoth 12-21-2005 12:37 PM

If I could travel through time, would have chosen ogre and got a damn de mask.

kharan_zechts 12-21-2005 01:12 PM

Fuck no, always been happy with my choice. The only one that is tempting is ogre cuz of that no stun thing but their ugly and gay so it balances out. I've always hated ogre sks, so many people had ogre sk twinks with all that +int sentient armor back in the day. They sucked.

Manos 12-21-2005 01:41 PM

Ogre has been good, however there are only a couple things that annoy me:
  • Getting my head caught on torches or arches while pulling
  • Scarcity of ogre smiths to make the DoN cultural and having to do it myself
I started as dark elf, got to 30, and deleted him to make an ogre. The initial stamina and melee stun immunity was nice, but really doesn't matter a whole lot now. If I had to do it all over again, I might consider iksar, human or erudite, but never froglok.

Deccado 12-21-2005 02:52 PM

I love my Ogre, wouldn't change him for any other class. However, I do have a few beefs with him. 1. When my friend conned me into playing EQ, he started me out a human monk (which was his main as well). When I finally bought the game myself and started playing, I thought long and hard and made an Ogre Sk. However, from the few weeks I spent playing the monk I lvled up in Freeport, Ecom, and Nro. That damn tunnel with the book in it in Freeport has pissed me off more than anything else. 2. I wanted GM armor pretty bad, but I've come to the conclusion that there are no GM Ogre smiths on Zek who would be willing to make me armor. There are three people possible, but they're all in guilds that make us KOS to each other.

kharan_zechts 12-21-2005 03:24 PM

Maybe you could turn a profit if you invest in smithing since theres noone else.

Ryoz 12-21-2005 03:53 PM

Haha f off Kharan! I always used to bust your balls about being a human. No, I don’t. Ogre has been great from day one. I also have the two illusion items (dark elf and wood elf) so I’m glad I wasn’t a token dark elf. The only race that I would have been besides Ogre was Iksar.

Legolazs of greyhorizon 12-21-2005 04:23 PM

I am DE sk, yea its sweet and all, but honestly i think now i should of bin troll... 10 extra HP regen standing at lvl 70 is good for solo, and i solo alot in the hole. and it would make it even easyer if i had more hp regen. -legolazs