Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Abilities and Tactics

Abilities and Tactics A place to discuss SK abilities such as Spells, AA\'s, and Melee as well as how to best use them.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #1
kaggak

kaggak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Opinions welcome.

I'm a returning player, and I'm noticing that leveling is extremely fast now. Sol much so that I'm having difficulties with maxing out weapon skills. I decided to turn on full AA at 51until I caught up. I'm currently 52 with 30 spent AA's 10 banked, 1hs and 2hs maxed, with the rest maxed for level 51. Other then the adage level > all, and the 30 banked aa cap for my level, is there a reason I shouldn't be doing this?
kaggak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:38 PM   #2
Tearsin Rain
your joy is my low

Tearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaggak View Post
I'm a returning player, and I'm noticing that leveling is extremely fast now. Sol much so that I'm having difficulties with maxing out weapon skills. I decided to turn on full AA at 51until I caught up. I'm currently 52 with 30 spent AA's 10 banked, 1hs and 2hs maxed, with the rest maxed for level 51. Other then the adage level > all, and the 30 banked aa cap for my level, is there a reason I shouldn't be doing this?
you'll get many answers on this but often they're coming from the perspective of a particular tier of content or type of player and it's not really relevant. there is no functional detriment in the game to NOT stop leveling and work AAs, if you're enjoying AAing. you could stop at every level and max out your AAs and there would be nothing wrong with that, so long as quickly leveling is not your goal.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:46 AM   #3
Slein Jinn
Opener of Tightly Closed Jars

Slein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud of

There is one functional detriment. When you're grinding AA's at lower levels, you don't have many of the most valuable AA lines available yet. Your first 4000 AA's are earned at a greatly accelerated rate (which scales downward from 0 AA's to 4000 spent), so buying low-value AA's at a lower level impairs your ability to earn high-value AA's when you're higher level. This is particularly true from 51-55; at 55 you start to get access to many higher-value AA lines. I'm not saying you shouldn't grind AA's at lower levels, but do be aware that purchasing Innate Charisma at level 51 means it'll take you longer to grind out some really useful stuff at higher levels.

Slightly cynical, somewhat jaded, and very bitter.

If you can't set a good example, you'll have to settle for being a horrible warning.
- Catherine the Great

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

Duke Slein Jinn
Scourge Knight on E'ci

Stand Up for the Champions!
Slein Jinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #4
Raizel of Veeshan

Raizel of Veeshan is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah don't buy the innates or pet AAs even, however, this is the mentality I adopted with my SK and while I don't gain levels like a madman, I do find that moving up each tier of content MUCH easier to handle if say, I have all of my defensive and damage AAs capped. You don't want to hit level 75 and find out the mobs are ripping you to pieces because you don't have combat agi/sta capped or that it takes you 20minutes to kill 1 even con because you neglected tripleattack and flurry and you can't recover without a healer merc because you're lifetaps and procs are not critting/crit healing. So continue on, but stay away from the AAs that don't really help you in combat, they can be gained later on (unless of course you want to work on tradeskills while you're at the leveling game - can help with gear down the road)
Raizel of Veeshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:15 PM   #5
kaggak

kaggak is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the opinions. A quick 45 minute session last night netted me 1 AA and half a level, but I only have 3 skill points left to go for 1hb and the weapon skills will all be maxed again. More that I'm caught up with my skills my fear of having to waste more AA's then I have won't be an issue ( I bought rs3 ,regen3, all the crafting, metabolism3, and innate fire (mistake I think) and something else but I can't remember at the moment.) So I didn't screw up that bad.
kaggak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:58 AM   #6
Raizel of Veeshan

Raizel of Veeshan is an unknown quantity at this point

At your level I think the best XP might be Veksar in LoIO you can go from 45 - 60 in there, most pulls are single, zone is generally totally empty, and a ton of undead for your stronger nukes (if you use em)
Raizel of Veeshan is offline   Reply With Quote