Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > The Arena

The Arena General forum/Wretched Hive of Scum and Villany

Old 07-06-2020, 10:02 AM   #1
Meanie

Meanie is a glorious beacon of lightMeanie is a glorious beacon of lightMeanie is a glorious beacon of lightMeanie is a glorious beacon of lightMeanie is a glorious beacon of lightMeanie is a glorious beacon of lightMeanie is a glorious beacon of lightMeanie is a glorious beacon of lightMeanie is a glorious beacon of lightMeanie is a glorious beacon of lightMeanie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Riposte damage nerf

Howdy all. I quit when they nerfed our self-healing from riposte, I mostly liked to solo. What's the current state of SK soloing, any improvements to make up for the hit last year to passive lifetaps?
Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 07:26 PM   #2
Ikrog
eltit motsuc a tes ot deen I

Ikrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond repute

Nope. Same as it was then. Returning for whatever nostalgia is good, but don't look for any special boosts or abilities added to the game.
Old 08-21-2020, 08:56 PM   #3
_neo_

_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts

Damage Shields received improvements with the most recent expansion.

There hasn't been any strong boost/reversal in the direction that you've been hoping for though, in terms of survivability.

That nerf didn't stop SHD from having strong Solo capabilities however.

All of the missions in the new expansion are technically beatable solo, without the use of a mercenary, and this is often the case. Although, there is a high knowledge/skill/gear barrier preventing the average player from strolling in and doing them all that way. In recent expansions, there have probably only been 3-5 players who have had the interest, patience and the know-how to do a sweep of the missions in that format. SK's have been the most-able class in this area. Stronger than any other, for years.

Most SK's that I know, regardless of their competency, can run around killing mobs in the most recent expansions by themselves. Even after that patch that you brought up, piles of monsters were still killable solo, but the difficulty/limitations imposed as a result of that change has in no way since reversed. i.e. If you were frustrated with it then, you will probably be equally frustrated with it now. And if you are wishing to walk into the new expansion in group gear and solo-riposte 20 mobs in one pile, you will be disappointed.

To provide a relatable experience: I recall earlier in the year, in the new expansion, I was lazily killing small piles of mobs alone to farm collectibles (while i was doing housework kind of thing). I would pull 8-12 mobs or so every 20 minutes and burn them down. I'd return from sweeping the yard or w/e whenever discs were back up and do it again. I was using a mercenary (sometimes healer, sometimes melee dps merc) and I was raid geared (Although, most of that raid gear is from the previous years expansion). You can shoot for much larger piles (20-30), if you have an elite group of players rather than solo/molo, most of whom are capable of making full use of their abilities and burning everything down.

Last edited by _neo_; 08-21-2020 at 09:22 PM.
_neo_ is offline   Reply With Quote