Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Utilities

Utilities Read only forum to find helpful EQ utilities.

Old 06-03-2016, 11:43 AM   #1
Xanathol
Administrator

Xanathol has disabled reputation
Default EQ Stripper (no, not a Dark Elf dancer...)

I just threw together a dirty lil utility to make sharing logs less worrisome.

It simply writes a new file without any lines with 'tell/s', 'says', or 'shouts' in it. Also, you can do string replacements in the list, so you can replace toon names with class#, for example. It is the same as if you opened the log in notepad and did a replace all on some text.

Give it a shot - 'should' work as intended.

*EDIT - updated 6/7/16
Attached Files
File Type: zip EQ Stripper.zip (11.0 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Xanathol; 06-07-2016 at 04:01 PM.
Xanathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:17 AM   #2
Klotar
Forum told me to set a custom title so I did

Klotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Klotar Send a message via MSN to Klotar Send a message via Yahoo to Klotar

Hrm, I can't seem to get it to work. I just start the app, point to the logfile, name the output file and that's it (for basic say/tell removal), right? I still have says and tells showing in the output file. My 38 mb logfile is only 139 kb smaller (3 tests).

That said, sounds like a very handy util, thanks!

EDIT: my bad Xan, there are 1,617 rows less in the output file. All the "tells you" (inbound tells) are gone, I had seen "you told" (outbound tells) a couple times and assumed that it wasn't working. The says are still there though.

That said, I only have 9 inbound tells, 78 says, 2 shouts, 34 ooc, and OHHHHHH -- guildchat, group, raid channels, etc. Okay, it's working. Just 'says', and 'you told' possibly missed...?

Last edited by Klotar; 06-06-2016 at 11:36 AM.
Klotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 12:55 PM   #3
Xanathol
Administrator

Thanks! I completely missed the 'told' so added that. I also added shout & say (non-plural form) - I guess that's what you meant? 'Says' was already there so should have been picked up.

Attachment in OP has been updated.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:00 PM   #4
Klotar

Klotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Klotar Send a message via MSN to Klotar Send a message via Yahoo to Klotar

Awesome, the 'you told' are now gone!

I think it is "non-true-says" (for lack of a better term) where only mob and corpse hails were being missed. I have 421 says in my Before log and 78 says in my After log, so it is definitely doing something.

These examples are being parsed out successfully:
[Sat Apr 30 18:01:02 2016] RandomMage says out of character, 'Incoming Rod Destroy Old one'
[Sat Apr 30 18:09:59 2016] a pestilent sentinel says 'The corruption has just begun, you shall pay.'
[Sat Apr 30 18:10:14 2016] RandomPet says 'My leader is RandomMage.'

However, these 3 examples are being missed:
[Sat Apr 30 17:53:12 2016] RandomMage says, 'Hail, Soandso'
[Sat Apr 30 20:37:11 2016] RandomMonk says, 'Hail, Jerill the Enraged'
[Sat Apr 30 21:02:49 2016] RandomRanger says, 'Rez Plz'

It is the comma behind the says. If I do a search in the original log for 'says ' (with a space behind it), I get 343 hits. I have 78 'says,' (with a comma) remaining in the stripped log. Total 'says' (disregarding comma and space) in the original log is 421, so the math seems to confirm.

Again, let me say that this util rocks. I had been using Notepad++ to strip out tells but as soon as I want to strip out guildchat or group chat, it gets cumbersome. Thanks again.

Last edited by Klotar; 06-07-2016 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Fixed grammar.
Klotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 04:03 PM   #5
Xanathol
Administrator

Slaps forehead... thank you dude!

OK so I stopped be 'as' lazy and made some changes. There are now 2 config files with the app - one is a list of your replacements so you don't have to enter them every time and the second is your 'strip this line if it contains this string' list. The replacement file format is simply string1 string2. The 'strip the line if this is found' is simply 1 string per line, whatever you want it to be.

Now if you find any issues, you should be able to edit the file and fix it.
Old 06-08-2016, 07:27 AM   #6
Klotar

This is perfect. The addition of the two config files will allow us to fine tune the strings and/or even allow us to temporarily disable a strip string. For example, one might want to leave says or shouts in there for a certain parse because the boss mob uses says/shouts to communicate an emote that you want to retain for the logs. I'd wondered also how the replaces would handle multi-word string1's but now I can plainly see it in the config file (space separates the words, and tab separates string1 and string2).