Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > The Armory

The Armory Weapon, Armor, and Utility gear discussion.

Old 02-27-2016, 05:49 PM   #1
EvilInsatiable

EvilInsatiable is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Competency check (Gear and beyond)

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/3610100 Typical budget 1mil, plus or minus 200,000pp on 'The Rathe'. So broke as a complete peasant in EQ standards...(finally getting my 1yr Vet march 26th! incoming lesson of the devoted, so effing stoked.) As of today I have never had validation of my gear or UI from any community nor any EQ raiding xp beyond EQOA a decade or more ago (lol), And Greatly appreciated any communal effort towards "The perfect UI" (as pertaining to the only class worth a $#!%) as impossible as that notion may be. As stated above I am an Absolute Amateur with less than 1yr experience, please guide me toward the most beneficial upgrades possible as easily as possible. I do however play near daily (tri-boxing shaman97 and bard95) because i enjoy the complexity of it though they are almost automatic dmg/buff/debuff hotkey bots now (ha), my SK recieves 90% of my attention at all times. I currently have 11090ac(approx) self combat buffed (impose for power, torrent, tri-box 97sha, 95bard (both severly lacking in all depts, though sufficiently benfecial), merc hlr (105), personal and guild tribute, and singular guild trophy.)+ mount and brells3, currently 10292AA's on SK (severly deficient but im trying as hard as a nooblet can.). I regularly complete 2 Gribble HA's (FINALLY!) a night easily (with nameds, they own me, though I just saw today the new "weapon stances" AA and activated the defensive proficiency component. so have yet to check the significance. How can i make my UI more fluid as well as please explain in layman's terms how to decipher this elaborate equipment acquirement requirement enigma EQ currently it utilizing in all shapes to your individual understandings as possible, Abilities, spells, UI, AA's, Tributes, and Gear best determined for our core structure. long story short, i dum, u smahrt, plz halp. Thanks to all whom collaborate. Evil.
EvilInsatiable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 06:17 PM   #2
Viltaire

Viltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have TBM? If so the gear group gear there is pretty solid. Test yourself outside of gribbles and get everything augged and start camping some good augs. Augs make a difference in my opinion. Get an aug in your shield asap. Shield ac ignores the soft cap iirc. Shield ac is huge even if I'm not remembering correctly. No ac aug in your shield is a huge mistake.

"Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Viltaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 08:21 PM   #3
EvilInsatiable

EvilInsatiable is an unknown quantity at this point

Roger that, thank you. Ill get the shield aug stat, and the rest of the heroic aug's they are 30ac +stats. A complete oversight. Any other suggestions? Ill drop new Aug filled magelo soon.
EvilInsatiable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:16 PM   #4
Viltaire

Viltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond repute

Even without tbm you can fill every aug slot with 40ac aug with stats. Look at some other sk magelos, in case you haven't, check their augs and find out where they drop and camp them. Check out the progression stuff for rof, cotf and tds.

"Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Viltaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 05:20 AM   #5
Drakang
Stupid enough to accept a Guild lead tag

Drakang has much to be proud ofDrakang has much to be proud ofDrakang has much to be proud ofDrakang has much to be proud ofDrakang has much to be proud ofDrakang has much to be proud ofDrakang has much to be proud ofDrakang has much to be proud ofDrakang has much to be proud ofDrakang has much to be proud ofDrakang has much to be proud of

Mission will be up soon to get Shimmering Black Pearl to put in your charm.

The power of hate conquers all.
Drakang is offline   Reply With Quote