Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > The Armory

The Armory Weapon, Armor, and Utility gear discussion.

Old 12-10-2005, 05:23 PM   #1
Brael
Suffering from Brael inadequacies

Brael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Brael Send a message via AIM to Brael
Default Read Before Posting Gear Checks

Credit for this rant goes to Slein (Posted 04-17-2004) >>> ***Read before posting gear checks*** <<< 1) Include an up-to-date Magelo Profile, with correct skills, AA, etc. (Just pointing out that it is in your signature is annoying - you can't see signatures by looking at the thread from the reply page.) 2) Include a specific budget. Don't just make a general statement like "cheap upgrades" as it's too subjective. Note that this does not mean your current bankroll. A budget is how much you can and are willing to spend, not necessarily how much is in the bank right now. 3) Briefly describe your available killing force. Numbers, progression, and standard targets. Saying "I'm in a guild that's RZ away from elemental" for example, doesn't help me. I need to have an idea of what you are killing, and what you could be killing. 4) Mention your playtime/playstyle. Tell whether your willing to work on tradeskills or quests, or if you spend much time in LDoN. 5) For raiders, be specific about you and your guild. It is important to know your loot system and your standing within it, your role in the guild, how fast you're progressing, etc. 6) Don't be too wordy. If it involves reading a short novel, at the very least, I will pass it over until I'm out of other things to do. If I'm not particularly bored, I may ignore it altogether. 7) Don't flame people who offer help/suggestions. If you disagree with their advice, fine - your not obligated to use it. If the advice actually is flawed, someone else is bound to point it out.
Brael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 02:14 PM   #2
Cruento

Cruento is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Cruento Send a message via AIM to Cruento

I'm ready for you guys to tear me a new asshole on how crappy my gear is, but I can't include a magelo link, as magelo doesn't allow froglok shadowknights yet. I could always make a magelo of a gnome shadowknight and pretend it's a froglok, I suppose. If I wanted a gear check, what would be the proper protocol?
Old 03-01-2006, 02:22 PM   #3
Slein Jinn
Opener of Tightly Closed Jars

Slein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud of

Considering race means dick all, just make whatever's most similar to a froglock.

Slightly cynical, somewhat jaded, and very bitter.

If you can't set a good example, you'll have to settle for being a horrible warning.
- Catherine the Great

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

Duke Slein Jinn
Scourge Knight on E'ci

Stand Up for the Champions!
Slein Jinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:07 PM   #4
EvilInsatiable

EvilInsatiable is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "Understanding the ShadowKnight" Sigmund Freud(collaborative effort to the perfectUI)

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/3610100 Typical budget 1mil, plus or minus 200,000pp on 'The Rathe'. So broke as a complete peasant in EQ standards...(finally getting my 1yr Vet march 26th! incoming lesson of the devoted, so effing stoked.) As of today I have never had validation of my gear or UI from any community nor any EQ raiding xp beyond EQOA a decade or more ago (lol), And Greatly appreciated any communal effort towards "The perfect UI" (as pertaining to the only class worth a $#!%) as impossible as that notion may be. As stated above I am an Absolute Amateur with less than 1yr experience, please guide me toward the most beneficial upgrades possible as easily as possible. I do however play near daily (tri-boxing shaman97 and bard95) because i enjoy the complexity of it though they are almost automatic dmg/buff/debuff hotkey bots now (ha), my SK recieves 90% of my attention at all times. I currently have 11090ac(approx) self combat buffed (impose for power, torrent, tri-box 97sha, 95bard (both severly lacking in all depts, though sufficiently benfecial), merc hlr (105), personal and guild tribute, and singular guild trophy.)+ mount and brells3, currently 10292AA's on SK (severly deficient but im trying as hard as a nooblet can.). I regularly complete 2 Gribble HA's (FINALLY!) a night easily (with nameds, they own me, though I just saw today the new "weapon stances" AA and activated the defensive proficiency component. so have yet to check the significance. How can i make my UI more fluid as well as please explain in layman's terms how to decipher this elaborate equipment acquirement requirement enigma EQ currently it utilizing in all shapes to your individual understandings as possible, Abilities, spells, UI, AA's, Tributes, and Gear best determined for our core structure. long story short, i dum, u smahrt, plz halp. Thanks to all whom collaborate. Evil.
Attached Images
File Type: png Untitled2.png (206.0 KB, 13 views)
EvilInsatiable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:23 PM   #5
flatchy
I got my AA the old fashioned way I earned em

flatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond repute

if you could have waited just a few more days it may have been a world record thread bump heh heh.

12 level 110
toons, who do I want to be today???
flatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 12:08 AM   #6
EvilInsatiable

EvilInsatiable is an unknown quantity at this point

and yet near instant reply.
EvilInsatiable is offline   Reply With Quote