Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > The Armory

The Armory Weapon, Armor, and Utility gear discussion.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #11
Deccado
Eater of Babes

Deccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brael View Post
Spell Damage - Variable gain per spell equal to the spell data itself (check Lucy, Kumbaja, or decipher the spell file for this info) at a rate of ((cast+recast)/7)*amount then truncate it. This damage can crit, applies on dd's/lifetaps only, no dots and cannot be focused. No cap on the mod, but the benefit cannot exceed 100% of the base spell. Only works on spells within 5 levels of the player.
Quick question for understanding: Looking at Touch of Tharoff Rk. II, I'm unsure on what amount you refer to - the "spell data itself" amount. I can't get Kumbaja to work for the life of me, so I don't know whether we're using the 254 listed in the "attrib1... attrib12" sections, the 100 listed in the "calc1... calc12" sections, the 20 listed for "spaindex," or any of the unknown variables. Could you confirm which one? And for truncating, is it truncated when you find the value, or is the resulting value*Spell Damage amount truncated?
Old 05-12-2009, 07:21 PM   #12
Zayix
Fuck the cleric, who let him in here? -Deona

Zayix has much to be proud ofZayix has much to be proud ofZayix has much to be proud ofZayix has much to be proud ofZayix has much to be proud ofZayix has much to be proud ofZayix has much to be proud ofZayix has much to be proud ofZayix has much to be proud ofZayix has much to be proud ofZayix has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deccado View Post
Quick question for understanding: Looking at Touch of Tharoff Rk. II, I'm unsure on what amount you refer to - the "spell data itself" amount. I can't get Kumbaja to work for the life of me, so I don't know whether we're using the 254 listed in the "attrib1... attrib12" sections, the 100 listed in the "calc1... calc12" sections, the 20 listed for "spaindex," or any of the unknown variables. Could you confirm which one? And for truncating, is it truncated when you find the value, or is the resulting value*Spell Damage amount truncated?
Just look in the normal details view for the spell for the information. The formula he says is cast+recast - which is right under normal details, no need for the raw view. In this case it would be: cast time: 1.5 recast time: 12 Total Spell dmg on your gear (arbitrary amount): 50 (1.5+12) = 13.5 13.5/7 = 1.93 1.93 * 50 = 96.43 TRUNC 96.43 = 96 96 = total dmg added, using Touch of Thar, using that formula, and 50 spell dmg.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:30 PM   #13
Deccado
Eater of Babes

Deccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayix View Post
Just look in the normal details view for the spell for the information. The formula he says is cast+recast - which is right under normal details, no need for the raw view. In this case it would be: cast time: 1.5 recast time: 12 Total Spell dmg on your gear (arbitrary amount): 50 (1.5+12) = 13.5 13.5/7 = 1.93 1.93 * 50 = 96.43 TRUNC 96.43 = 96 96 = total dmg added, using Touch of Thar, using that formula, and 50 spell dmg.
Ah, I thought the "amount" in Brael's explanation was some amount found from the raw data and that that product ( [(cast+recast)/7]*amount ) was the amount that each one point of Spell Damage on your gear added to a particular spell. So for one spell 1 Spell Damage could add 4 damage, whereas another spell could add 9 damage per point of Spell Damage. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:19 AM   #14
Dwendrox

Dwendrox is an unknown quantity at this point

I was contemplating as i switch old raid gear for new raid and/or group gear how much Heroic strength is worth vs a AC loss. But reading here that the softcap portion of Heroic Strength is broken . .. Im guessing trying to compare the two is apples and oranges. In passed years when choosing gear i just made sure avoidance and shielding were capped and chose some AC to HP conversion 1:10 .. 1:20 1:infinity . .whatever your flavor. Ignoring focus effects is there really anything else to consider with all the new heroics and mod 2s that would compete with a over all AC driven gear choice? DW
Old 05-18-2009, 06:42 AM   #15
flatchy
I got my AA the old fashioned way I earned em

flatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond repute

Ive not been dissapointed since I got rid of all my elegant gear. I like having the mods up to date and all the heroic stat goodies that go with the new stuff.

12 level 110
toons, who do I want to be today???
flatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 08:25 AM   #16
Brael
Suffering from Brael inadequacies

Brael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Brael Send a message via AIM to Brael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwendrox View Post
I was contemplating as i switch old raid gear for new raid and/or group gear how much Heroic strength is worth vs a AC loss. But reading here that the softcap portion of Heroic Strength is broken . .. Im guessing trying to compare the two is apples and oranges. In passed years when choosing gear i just made sure avoidance and shielding were capped and chose some AC to HP conversion 1:10 .. 1:20 1:infinity . .whatever your flavor. Ignoring focus effects is there really anything else to consider with all the new heroics and mod 2s that would compete with a over all AC driven gear choice? DW
Heroic Agi/Dex.

Braelxx Uselesshybrid

Maelin
Triality
Retired
Brael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 02:36 AM   #17
Helsmire

Helsmire has much to be proud ofHelsmire has much to be proud ofHelsmire has much to be proud ofHelsmire has much to be proud ofHelsmire has much to be proud ofHelsmire has much to be proud ofHelsmire has much to be proud ofHelsmire has much to be proud ofHelsmire has much to be proud ofHelsmire has much to be proud ofHelsmire has much to be proud of

OK dumb question, so flame away if you like. Do heroics degrade after a certain amount? Or such as soft/hard capped? Mostly i ask this because with the aug choices there are 30 ac vs 20ac with heroics. I understand this has been debated but in reality, i like to see math and want a better understanding of how far can you push heroics or do you stop getting gains after a certian point
Old 05-24-2009, 04:15 AM   #18
Rethan Shadowbane

Rethan Shadowbane is a name known to allRethan Shadowbane is a name known to allRethan Shadowbane is a name known to allRethan Shadowbane is a name known to allRethan Shadowbane is a name known to allRethan Shadowbane is a name known to allRethan Shadowbane is a name known to allRethan Shadowbane is a name known to allRethan Shadowbane is a name known to allRethan Shadowbane is a name known to allRethan Shadowbane is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helsmire View Post
OK dumb question, so flame away if you like. Do heroics degrade after a certain amount? Or such as soft/hard capped? Mostly i ask this because with the aug choices there are 30 ac vs 20ac with heroics. I understand this has been debated but in reality, i like to see math and want a better understanding of how far can you push heroics or do you stop getting gains after a certian point
There is no cap on heroics, just the Mod3s that went in at the same time. About the only thing remotely capable would be charisma, and even then, that is still a ways off of getting 1000.
Rethan Shadowbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:23 AM   #19
Slein Jinn
Opener of Tightly Closed Jars

Slein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
"How far you can push heroics"? Your heroics are... awful. You should really work on that. For you gear level, you should have vastly more hAgi/hDex.

Slightly cynical, somewhat jaded, and very bitter.

If you can't set a good example, you'll have to settle for being a horrible warning.
- Catherine the Great

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

Duke Slein Jinn
Scourge Knight on E'ci

Stand Up for the Champions!
Slein Jinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:50 AM   #20
Brael
Suffering from Brael inadequacies

Brael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Brael Send a message via AIM to Brael

Quote:
They were all designed to not cap. The only caps that exist are the per spell caps on heal/spell (largely irrelevant), the hardcap on h-cha (10x the h-cha needs to be available to hit this, and then it would only be relevant in sof zones), and the cap on agi/dex which there's not much info on... but it's fairly safe to say isn't going to come into play unless you have an absolute ton of agi/dex (more than is currently available) and stick to fairly old zones. My descriptions also mention these same limitations for caps. They don't want people to cap these and move on like they did with mod 2's.

Braelxx Uselesshybrid

Maelin
Triality
Retired
Brael is offline   Reply With Quote