Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > The Armory

The Armory Weapon, Armor, and Utility gear discussion.

Old 06-05-2010, 04:50 PM   #81
brogett

brogett is a glorious beacon of lightbrogett is a glorious beacon of lightbrogett is a glorious beacon of lightbrogett is a glorious beacon of lightbrogett is a glorious beacon of lightbrogett is a glorious beacon of lightbrogett is a glorious beacon of lightbrogett is a glorious beacon of lightbrogett is a glorious beacon of lightbrogett is a glorious beacon of lightbrogett is a glorious beacon of light

A small update to the first post by Brael regarding Heroic Dex. While there's been lots of great parsing on defensives, the offensive side (hey I'm a rogue) is incorrect. I've been doing some parses recently and found a few differences, possibly new or perhaps just missed due to min-hit obscuring it: 1) Every 10 heroic dex adds +1 to all attacks above the minimum hit (set by worn Ferocity VII and newer). This is similar to heroic str, except that str gets added right at the end while Hdex is clearly added before the minimum damage check is made. 2) A critical hit means the added damage from heroic dex gets boosted by the crit multiplier. This is not true for Hstr, further confirming that the two are added at different stages in the equation. 3) Hdex (or plain dex) boosts crit rates slowly. An extra 150 dex boosted my unmodified (ie without worn cleave) by 1% - from 8.6 to 9.6. I assume this is additive rather than multiplicative, but I could verify tihs by repeating the same test with cleave IX worn instead to see if it's still +1%. I have no data on the quantised chunks for the proc rate or crit rate boosts, only for +damage (in steps of 10). More information available here: http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/s...ad.php?t=37115 Finally, some *old* rogue parsing on defensives. +21 agi (crossing 1 boundary of 25) boosted by dodge by 0.95% and +34 dex dex (also crossing 1 boundary of 25) boosted by parry by 1.4% and my ripost by 2.6%. This was from looong parses (approx 90k secs each), but from Feb 09. I may redo them sometime now that I have far more heroic to play around with to make the change more visible. I don't trust my old notes enough and want to verify these anwyay. Edit: removed proc-rate comment. I suddenly had a fear that maybe my "low dex" parse also dropped below 100 C.E. It had. Reparsing shows this is the cause.
brogett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:17 PM   #82
Brael
Suffering from Brael inadequacies

Brael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond reputeBrael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Brael Send a message via AIM to Brael

One of the things hdex does is it increases throwing and ranged damage. It's quite possible a bug is causing all damage to be increased. As for the crit rate increase, this was already known but the exact increase amount isn't known. What I can tell you is because of the way the code works, it's a minimum of a .01% increase per point. This is also based off of normal dex, not heroic dex. So it's the +1 overcap dex from the heroic that's providing this benefit and not the hdex itself. The portion of the crit rate that gets boosted is the base chance, so modifiers will then further effect it.

Braelxx Uselesshybrid

Maelin
Triality
Retired
Brael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:49 PM   #83
Scuzz zilla
Breaking your concentration

Scuzz zilla has a reputation beyond reputeScuzz zilla has a reputation beyond reputeScuzz zilla has a reputation beyond reputeScuzz zilla has a reputation beyond reputeScuzz zilla has a reputation beyond reputeScuzz zilla has a reputation beyond reputeScuzz zilla has a reputation beyond reputeScuzz zilla has a reputation beyond reputeScuzz zilla has a reputation beyond reputeScuzz zilla has a reputation beyond reputeScuzz zilla has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Scuzz zilla

Last time I played I was effing around with my gear and found that Heroic STA also grants HP regen. yay.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:57 PM   #84
Khauruk
Imposter

Khauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzz zilla View Post
Last time I played I was effing around with my gear and found that Heroic STA also grants HP regen. yay.
From original patch notes: - Heroic Stamina: Increases hit point pool, hit point regen, and the maximum amount of hit point regen a character can have. Also increases endurance pool, endurance regen, and the maximum amount of endurance regen a character can have. http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/ga...ate=11/13/2007
Khauruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:53 AM   #85
flatchy
I got my AA the old fashioned way I earned em

flatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brael View Post
One of the things hdex does is it increases throwing and ranged damage.
Does anyone use these skills anymore? Fill me in I am always willing to learn but I have not used ranged in , well like expansions ago. Throwing I dont think I have ever used.

12 level 110
toons, who do I want to be today???
flatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:37 PM   #86
Korpus

Korpus has a reputation beyond reputeKorpus has a reputation beyond reputeKorpus has a reputation beyond reputeKorpus has a reputation beyond reputeKorpus has a reputation beyond reputeKorpus has a reputation beyond reputeKorpus has a reputation beyond reputeKorpus has a reputation beyond reputeKorpus has a reputation beyond reputeKorpus has a reputation beyond reputeKorpus has a reputation beyond repute

In raids, yes. I think I had a ranged fight about every other night on HoT raids...but in group game, you're totally right.
Old 12-15-2011, 03:38 PM   #87
Slein Jinn
Opener of Tightly Closed Jars

Slein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud of

Bows are king for pulling. Longest range option by far, can choose zero-damage option by using non-magic arrows, aggro is briefly delayed while arrow flies to target, instant cast and off the global cooldown, etc.

Slightly cynical, somewhat jaded, and very bitter.

If you can't set a good example, you'll have to settle for being a horrible warning.
- Catherine the Great

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

Duke Slein Jinn
Scourge Knight on E'ci

Stand Up for the Champions!
Slein Jinn is offline   Reply With Quote