Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > The Armory

The Armory Weapon, Armor, and Utility gear discussion.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:46 AM   #41
Dimencia

Dimencia will become famous soon enoughDimencia will become famous soon enoughDimencia will become famous soon enough

Quote:
If he does it going to 77, he'd get less from each reward (you get less from each MM reward the more you level, at level 85 with 1.9k AAs my SK gets a little over 2 AAs per reward), but if he banks 30 AAs and 10 rewards then hits 77, that's still going to promptly give him 90 or so fresh AA points to spend while only having done the work as a level 76. That pert mostly only matter because it would be easier to fill the 30 AA bank with fewer MMs at lower levels.
This is not exactly accurate on the why the different earned amount... Remember that Earned AA's from tasks and grinding have a modifier based on the current # of AA's (im not sure if its total used/unused or just used) but we Power leveled a friends mage to L80 and ran it through those MM's when the mage had less than 30 AA's Spent, it would earn (w/o LOTD or in a hot zone) aprox 10 aa's per reward. (and if i remember the first 5 missions the mage earned 11 aa's per reward) So due to you having a ton more aa's on your SK vs your chanter, your chanter will earn more aa's per kill/reward until it breaches the ?1k? magic number where that bonus aaxp ends
Old 05-21-2010, 02:10 PM   #42
Berg
Assume I'm wrong, just explain why

Berg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant future

Well I guess you could save up ten... although I could have sworn the limit was 5, and 10 only if you got the rest without zoning. At any rate, since you can punch LOTD once a day, and can get at best 6 oMM in a "day", I don't see why you'd save up 10, unless you're also getting some other tasks saved up. If you're burning exp pots, or working in the limited timeframe of a special bonus weekend like the memorial day one coming up, then you'd want to get every single oMM saved up possible, sure. As for the drop in xp as you get more exp done, here's my understanding of how it works. There's a certain amount of xp you get per task, based on your level; the higher your level, the less you get. There's also a bonus if you have few AA, and this bonus drops off gradually as you get more. I -think- the bonus drop points are 250, 500, 750, 1000, 1250, and finally 1500; after that your exp reward for doing the same thing stops getting smaller... and if you're earning the exp "honestly" (as opposed to via task rewards) it gets easier and easier to earn exp, so your exp per hour goes up after this point. On top of those factors, there's other bonuses. One, the "ZEM" or zone experience modifier, doesn't seem to apply to tasks, or else people would deliberately go to hot zones or the like before taking the task reward. Another though, is LOTD or exp pot (or because they don't stack); this bonus applies to both AAxp and regular exp (a recent change). Finally, another rumor I heard recently, and haven't checked out, is that if you set yourself to 90% AA and 10% xp, you'll actually not only get a little "real" xp, but also end up getting more AA xp. This would be easy to test, by doing two oMM's, and then looking carefully at the reward you get, with one at 100aa and one at 90/10.
Old 05-21-2010, 02:22 PM   #43
Rezinnx
I need to set a custom title

Rezinnx is a glorious beacon of lightRezinnx is a glorious beacon of lightRezinnx is a glorious beacon of lightRezinnx is a glorious beacon of lightRezinnx is a glorious beacon of lightRezinnx is a glorious beacon of lightRezinnx is a glorious beacon of lightRezinnx is a glorious beacon of lightRezinnx is a glorious beacon of lightRezinnx is a glorious beacon of lightRezinnx is a glorious beacon of light

The cap for banked quests was increased to 10 several patches back My Shammy box who doesn't have lotd banked quests to 10 to click various xp pots for max effieciency.
Rezinnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:22 AM   #44
flatchy
I got my AA the old fashioned way I earned em

flatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone remember not that long ago when people were doing them MM in Neriak and this board was on railing on em for being retards who didnt know how to play their class?

12 level 110
toons, who do I want to be today???
flatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 10:15 AM   #45
Graebec
What time is it? VUVUZELA TIME BZZZZZZZZ

Graebec has much to be proud ofGraebec has much to be proud ofGraebec has much to be proud ofGraebec has much to be proud ofGraebec has much to be proud ofGraebec has much to be proud ofGraebec has much to be proud ofGraebec has much to be proud ofGraebec has much to be proud ofGraebec has much to be proud ofGraebec has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatchy View Post
Anyone remember not that long ago when people were doing them MM in Neriak and this board was on railing on em for being retards who didnt know how to play their class?
DAINS FTW BRAH.
Graebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:12 PM   #46
Strost

Strost is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Berg;158226As for the drop in xp as you get more exp done, here's my understanding of how it works. There's a certain amount of xp you get per task, based on your level; the higher your level, the less you get. There's also a bonus if you have few AA, and this bonus drops off gradually as you get more. I -think- the bonus drop points are 250, 500, 750, 1000, 1250, and finally 1500; after that your exp reward for doing the same thing stops getting smaller... and if you're earning the exp "honestly" (as opposed to via task rewards) it gets easier and easier to earn exp, so your exp per hour goes up after this point.[/QUOTE] Not quite right. The amount of xp per task isn't based on the lvl of the toon, it's a set amount reguardless... The difference is the amount of xp needed per lvl. The reward per task becomes a smaller percent of the "needed" xp per level as you gain in levels. AA are different as the xp required per aa does not change per level, it's the same reguardless if your level 51 or level 85, but the amount of aa xp per kill based on the con of the mob in relation to the level is what gives the additonal xp for aa. Same deal as with swarming, if you can kill lots of LB mobs in the same amount of time it takes you to kill 1 red mob, you can gain more xp from the larger number of LB mobs per time spent. Which is why a LB mob at 85 will give more aaxp than a LB mob at 51. Your basic idea on number off aa affecting the bonus aa xp is basically correct however.
Strost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 12:31 PM   #47
Kagek

Kagek has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Going some of the stuff from these lists and noticed two easy augs I got recently that aren't mentioned: the Experimental Device and Gnoll's Gnawbone hot zone augs. They're both easy to get for a tier 1-2 char I would say.
Kagek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:56 PM   #48
Zlozaba

Zlozaba is infamous around these partsZlozaba is infamous around these partsZlozaba is infamous around these partsZlozaba is infamous around these partsZlozaba is infamous around these partsZlozaba is infamous around these parts

Pestilence is not an option for me to get in the bazaarwith my budget, although I won't have much issue camping something since I have a boxing ranger buddy in SoS that is PLing/helping me gear up through camps. Is Pestilence named fairly easy to camp or should I say screw it and maybe just use Yarnhilted LS in its place(since faycitum are extremely easy to come by). I'm essentially skipping a massive amount of attunable gearing up(and all steamcore camps, thank Innoruuk!) and sitting in my elegant defiant while working SoD progression(or rather while he works SoD progression). Then I go duo my aa with my brother's ranger and our mercs(rog, clr) while camping ac augs. But I'm still using an Arcblade, I didn't even get Wirlem's... Should I just stick it out until I can get Ebonlight(although I'm frozen at 75 for AA since PLing does have it's downside...) or go get Yarnhilted/attempt to Camp pestilence?
Zlozaba is offline   Reply With Quote