Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > The Armory

The Armory Weapon, Armor, and Utility gear discussion.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #161
Golgi
the sky has fallen 12,000 times and counting

Golgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelefane View Post
How is that quote a stupid argument when its true?
Which part is true? The name calling, or the single statement that you admit might not be true in the following sentence? --- Much of what you said might be true, minus the lame attempts at verbal abuse; but it doesn't reflect the other side of the argument being presented, which makes you look insane. You've achieved maximum blind rage and irrationality.
There is 1 player in Nagafen's Lair
Golgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:53 PM   #162
Twinkeltoes
AC > Sex

Twinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud of

The issue is that there's no cut and paste formula to use, Since hDex and hAgi only functions in intervals of 25, swapping an aug out to add one of them but not past that 25 threshold is pointless (unless it has better stats in the other areas). It's been stated by the Devs that Str helps with shield AC but no one is able to parse it properly to confirm or determin where those thresholds are in that regards, but it has been confirmed that str helps with melee dmg. As far as hDex goes, I thought I read somewhere that it only effects special melee abilities I.E flying kick etc. It was bugged and was helping all dmg, but late last year they fixed that, or did I read that wrong? Personally I'm more concerned about my tanking ability than my dps ability. Sure it helps with swarming, but I enjoy questing and raiding far more than swarming. Swarming is just a means to get the AA's to better function what I really need to be geared for. I think I'm just going to go back to Highest AC aug hDex > hAgi > hStr, and through in hSta if there isn't any other that are 35+ AC. As a side note, I finally renewed my Magelo account but the last patch screwed up the loader on it so I have to wait for it to catch up to update my Magelo, maybe it'll be easier for people to give advice what I should go camp to update what. I do have a decent set of augs, but I didn't do much farming in VoA, and just started RoF last week, doing progression atm not much farming time yet.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools"
Twinkeltoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 04:42 AM   #163
Slein Jinn
Opener of Tightly Closed Jars

Slein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
The issue is that there's no cut and paste formula to use, Since hDex and hAgi only functions in intervals of 25, swapping an aug out to add one of them but not past that 25 threshold is pointless (unless it has better stats in the other areas).
Well, when you posed the question, you specifically stated that you weren't interested in continually readjusting your aug set to min/max heroic breakpoints. If you really want to maximise, you should tweak your aug set after pretty much every gear upgrade to stay at the highest possible breakpoints, and then dedicate any remaining augs to the highest possible AC and secondary benefits. But if you don't want to go through that hassle, and really I wouldn't blame you, then you should make gear decisions as though heroics functioned linearly, because in essence you're always striving toward the next breakpoint, wherever that may be. If you say, "well, I'm not going to take this hDex upgrade because it won't get me to the next breakpoint", you'll never actually get to the point where a future upgrade would get you to a new breakpoint. Use that logic two or three times and suddenly you're a full breakpoint behind where you could be. It's a self-defeating way of thinking.

Slightly cynical, somewhat jaded, and very bitter.

If you can't set a good example, you'll have to settle for being a horrible warning.
- Catherine the Great

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

Duke Slein Jinn
Scourge Knight on E'ci

Stand Up for the Champions!
Slein Jinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #164
Scuzz zilla
Breaking your concentration

Scuzz zilla has a reputation beyond reputeScuzz zilla has a reputation beyond reputeScuzz zilla has a reputation beyond reputeScuzz zilla has a reputation beyond reputeScuzz zilla has a reputation beyond reputeScuzz zilla has a reputation beyond reputeScuzz zilla has a reputation beyond reputeScuzz zilla has a reputation beyond reputeScuzz zilla has a reputation beyond reputeScuzz zilla has a reputation beyond reputeScuzz zilla has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Scuzz zilla

I was bored last Sunday and threw together a "Top aug" set. I grouped them into power "tiers" since I didn't want to waste time on tiny differences. I still feel some choices are a bit biased towards AC. I valued HStr around .75 a point of HAgi, mostly because I like the anniversary augs. Glowing Eternal Shard 44AC 8Dex Pakjol's Appetite for Destruction 42AC 8Dex Sliver of Fear 42AC 6Dex Frozen orb of the Fabled King 40AC 8Dex Barrier of Coalesced Clouds 40AC 8Dex Stone of the Crystal Circle 40AC 8Dex Tarnished Stone 35AC 5Dex Golden Ore 34 AC 4Dex Petrified Mephit Bone Shard 38AC 7Agi Mooto's stone 37AC 7HAg Soapstone Crystal 35AC 8Agi Nesalie Spell Gem 34AC 8Agi Iron Plated timing Pendulum 35AC 4HDex 4HAgi Blood Soaked Spellstone 28AC 8HDex Dislodged Diamond of Blood 40AC 2HStr 2HDex 3HAgi Beveled Mithril Gear set 38AC 3HStr 2Hdex 2Hagi Polished Stone of the 11th hour 35AC 3Hstr 2HDex 2HAgi Lifeweavers symbol 38AC 7HStr Fragmented Echo 37AC 7HStr Fear Infused Charcoal 33AC 8Hagi Petrified skull of the unworthy 36AC 6HAgi Moonstone of the Frozen Priest 32AC 8HAgi Incarnadine Gemstone 35AC 6HAgi Krucidons inverted war charm 33AC 7Hagi Curators treasure 35AC 2HDex 2Hagi Ionized Pinion 33AC 4HStr 2HDex Gem of eleventh duelist 30AC 4HStr 2HDex Unharnessed Soul Gem 30AC 2HStr 2HDex 3Hagi Polished Rockomancy Diamond 35AC 5HAgi Signet of Earthen Devotion 32AC 3HDex Scar or Rex 34AC 7HStr Bleamburn goo 33AC 3Hagi Hardened Steel spur 38AC 2HAgi Stone of the 11th Defender 35AC 2HAgi Heartwood splinter 28AC 7HAgi Mana Laminated Gear set 28AC 2HStr 2HDex 3Hagi Platinum Plated Worm Pinion Gear 27AC 2HStr 2HDex 2Hagi Bronze Slant Pinion Gear 35AC 4Hstr I didn't know where to fit the very top plain AC augs. I do not thing I'd be able to squeeze them in anywhere within the top 20 Stone of Dark Sorcery 44AC Inflexible Scale 42AC Double Pronged Grenlaeden Incisor 40AC Shard of Fear was omitted as it either goes into charm slot, or isn't worth putting in charm slot, depending on your circumstance.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:06 AM   #165
Kelefane
[RETIRED]

Kelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a list of AC augs all above 35ac. This is just ranking the raw AC of the augs, not heroics. If I am missing some, please reply with the aug in question. 1) Stone of Dark Sorcery 44ac 2) Glowing Eternal Shard 44ac 3) Inflexible Scale 42ac 4) Pakjol's Appetite for Destruction 42ac 5) Sliver of Fear 42ac 6) Double Pronged Grenlaeden Incisor 40ac 7) Barrier of Coalesced Clouds 40ac 8) Stone of the Crystal Circle 40ac 9) Dislodged Diamond of Blood 40ac 10) Frozen orb of the Fabled King 40ac 11) Sights Unseen 39ac 12) Gemstone of the Victorious 39ac 13) Keystone Garnet 39ac 14) Worn Petrified Mephit Bone Shard 38ac 15) Shimmering Heart of the Phantasm 38ac 16) Vitalizing Stone 38ac 17) Beveled Mithril Gear set 38ac 18) Flame of Vox 37ac 19) Lifeweaver's Symbol 37ac 20) Fragmented Echo 37ac 21) Mooto's Stone 37ac 22) Bloodfeather's Eye 37ac 23) Crushed Bone Silver 37ac 24) Petrified Skull of the Unworthy 36ac 25) Tantarene Gem of Heretical Power 36ac
Kelefane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:00 AM   #166
Twinkeltoes
AC > Sex

Twinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelefane View Post
I keep hearing it does. All that we know for sure that it does is add +1 damage to the back end of each melee hit for every 10 of it and it adds +attack. That is the main reason you see so many pure melee DPS stack heroic strength. The top 5 rogues serverwide stack it for example and I stack it on my Monk. Even though I kind of question doing it because I hear from some people that heroic dexterity is even better for pure melee. But meh, I had already started down the heroic strength road on my Monk before even knowing that and besides, hes just an alt anyway. Heroic strength is certainly a DPS boon, but I dont think its near as much as Heroic Dex is. I'd like to see parses from both to be 100% certain. I dont think rogues from RoI would stack heroic strength for no reason.
I'm going to say for DPS purposes alone Heroic Str > Heroic Dex. This is without any parsing. But I give you this. The three aug choice awards giving for finishing the Magus quest in SL is a Tank aug with +8 hDex/+2 HP regen.....a caster aug that is +8hwis/int +4 heal amount and spell dmg...leaving the "melee" aug to be +8 Str and +2 Combat Eff. Just by design alone, I'm guessing Str plays more of a role in melee dps than Dex

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools"
Twinkeltoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 07:20 AM   #167
Dinkdak

Dinkdak is an unknown quantity at this point

This thread is great if you already have a good set of augs and you're just trying to upgrade one or two, but I find it cumbersome to use if you are just starting out and either have empty slots or just really horrible augs. Sooo...I created this spreadsheet. (Switch to the Augs tab if it's not there already). This should have most Augs up through House of Thule and I'm still working on updating it. If you are like me, and are in need of several augs, filter on the 'hotzone random' augs in the 'mob/quest' column and spend the 15-30 mins to get each. After that, plan out by zone or expansion which augs to target, since many are in the same zone or adjacent zones as others and you could be killing multiple PH's with one pass. I've ranked these based on a weighting scheme. If you think I'm an idiot and don't like how I've weighted things...then good! Download a copy and change it...and if you have something else figured out that's better, post it. I could also be talked into opening this up for public editing if people are interested.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:01 PM   #168
Stephen51

Stephen51 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone got a lvl 105 updated aug list?
Stephen51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 12:12 AM   #169
zarzac
OK just this one more time

zarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.raidloot.com/Search.aspx?...r=AC&view=List http://items.eqresource.com/itemsearch.php?searchid=12179
Old 01-23-2015, 05:06 PM   #170
Soulrheever

Soulrheever is on a distinguished road

Can also scroll down a little and use my post HERE.