Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > The Armory

The Armory Weapon, Armor, and Utility gear discussion.

Old 01-24-2009, 10:51 AM   #21
Jayzon

Jayzon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deccado View Post
I think I'm the lone person asking per slot.
You're not the only one. I'd like to see a "recommended by slot" list maintained and readily accessible even if it isn't the primary list. As someone who came to the SK class much later in my EQ life, I've used the per slot list a bunch to help fill in my gear.
Jayzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:04 PM   #22
Slein Jinn
Opener of Tightly Closed Jars

Slein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud of

The thing is that virtually all AC augs are either not slot restricted at all or not very heavily slot restricted. You don't just look for an aug specifically for a particular slot; its basically a matter of going after the best augs overall you can get and then just re-shuffling your aug set to make room for it.

Slightly cynical, somewhat jaded, and very bitter.

If you can't set a good example, you'll have to settle for being a horrible warning.
- Catherine the Great

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

Duke Slein Jinn
Scourge Knight on E'ci

Stand Up for the Champions!
Slein Jinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:23 PM   #23
flatchy
I got my AA the old fashioned way I earned em

flatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond repute

Need to get rid of that 7/8 crap anyway from augs you can easily solo.

12 level 110
toons, who do I want to be today???
flatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:00 AM   #24
Grauw

Grauw has a brilliant futureGrauw has a brilliant futureGrauw has a brilliant futureGrauw has a brilliant futureGrauw has a brilliant futureGrauw has a brilliant futureGrauw has a brilliant futureGrauw has a brilliant futureGrauw has a brilliant futureGrauw has a brilliant futureGrauw has a brilliant future

Do you want to place blessed shard from Yxxta in the recommended lvl 80 groupable augs section? Reason I ask this is that this aug is type 8 only, so worthless for a pure goup geared player. And I imagine the average raider has access to better stuff. Would Bayle's heraldic crest a good alternative for this aug? It would mean switching some augs around as this doesnt fit in the hand slot...
Old 01-28-2009, 06:22 AM   #25
flatchy
I got my AA the old fashioned way I earned em

flatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I want it in groupable stuff. Hell I grouped it long ago by now how easy is it to get? If they can remove flags from certain zones due to the "easy" factor, id think they could handle that brain teaser.

12 level 110
toons, who do I want to be today???
flatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:31 AM   #26
Garshok
WTB Devs who actually PLAY the damned game!

Garshok has a reputation beyond reputeGarshok has a reputation beyond reputeGarshok has a reputation beyond reputeGarshok has a reputation beyond reputeGarshok has a reputation beyond reputeGarshok has a reputation beyond reputeGarshok has a reputation beyond reputeGarshok has a reputation beyond reputeGarshok has a reputation beyond reputeGarshok has a reputation beyond reputeGarshok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grauw View Post
Do you want to place blessed shard from Yxxta in the recommended lvl 80 groupable augs section? Reason I ask this is that this aug is type 8 only, so worthless for a pure goup geared player. And I imagine the average raider has access to better stuff. Would Bayle's heraldic crest a good alternative for this aug? It would mean switching some augs around as this doesnt fit in the hand slot...
I think adding bayles in the recommended level 80 groupable makes sense, and list the Yxxta as an alternate with a comment (slot 8 only). Blessed Shard is easy to get, but useless if someone doesn't have any gear with Type 8 slots.

'pa zoor kalee na kegee'
Garshok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 10:36 AM   #27
Grauw

Grauw has a brilliant futureGrauw has a brilliant futureGrauw has a brilliant futureGrauw has a brilliant futureGrauw has a brilliant futureGrauw has a brilliant futureGrauw has a brilliant futureGrauw has a brilliant futureGrauw has a brilliant futureGrauw has a brilliant futureGrauw has a brilliant future

My comment did not have anything to do with the easiness to get this aug. It is very easy actually and have gotten it myself. I was referring to the type 8 slot only, and thus not suited for group geared players. With the choice of new SoD augs that can be grouped (Bayles being one of the easiest), I would vote for leaving blessed shard out the groupable list.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:01 PM   #28
Garshok
WTB Devs who actually PLAY the damned game!

Garshok has a reputation beyond reputeGarshok has a reputation beyond reputeGarshok has a reputation beyond reputeGarshok has a reputation beyond reputeGarshok has a reputation beyond reputeGarshok has a reputation beyond reputeGarshok has a reputation beyond reputeGarshok has a reputation beyond reputeGarshok has a reputation beyond reputeGarshok has a reputation beyond reputeGarshok has a reputation beyond repute

Grauw - I understand and agree with your logic about putting Bayles up there. I'm thinking however that the list is for augs that are "acquirable with one group for both casual and raiders" - groupable augs, not simply augs for groupers only. Blessed shard is an attractive option for those with some raid gear. Sure, raiders can get better if they have the time, but the list is a good guide for initial outfitting. Only costs a few electrons to list them both there, with Bayle's as the primary and Blessed Shard as an option for those who can use type 8 augs (just how it's listed in the Level 75 groupable aug set). Or make it an alternative to Flameshield Stone. Hard to see why it would be listed in the 75 set but not the 80 set.

'pa zoor kalee na kegee'
Garshok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:17 PM   #29
Okami
Moderator - Keeper of the Ban Stick

Okami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud of

When I hear "groupable gear" , augs included, I assume non raid reqs. Type 8 would be in "raid gear", regardless of how outdated and/or easy it is to get.

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
We can't become what we need to be by remaining what we are.
They that are not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:22 PM   #30
Genii
Don't talk shit about Total!

Genii has much to be proud ofGenii has much to be proud ofGenii has much to be proud ofGenii has much to be proud ofGenii has much to be proud ofGenii has much to be proud ofGenii has much to be proud ofGenii has much to be proud ofGenii has much to be proud ofGenii has much to be proud ofGenii has much to be proud of

Its time for the damn devs to make ALL augs in the game 7/8! If you can play in my back yard, I should be able to play in yours... I'll be pissed if/when I can no longer use the damn thing. Edit: Just in case, nobody read too deeply into the above... I mean the augs which presently only list either 7 OR 8 instead of both. I can invariably imagine some newb or jackass asking "what about LB's, or type 9's... they couldn't do it".
Genii is offline   Reply With Quote