Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > The Armory

The Armory Weapon, Armor, and Utility gear discussion.

Old 06-04-2016, 01:19 PM   #1
Thurb

Thurb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TBM group gear and raiding

I need your opinions on this,

I came back to the game almost a year ago and now ive geared my SK with mostly the TBM group gear with insanely high herioc stats. Ive gone the hdex route and am sitting on about 650 hdex. My guild is raiding tier 2 CotF at the moment and going into TDS very soon. Now my question is, If i start getting raid gear from TDS is it going to hurt me because of the lower heroic stats on the gear? Should i just stick with the TBM grp gear until we start raiding tbm? Im completely confused about gear at this point. I used to plan everything out and only bid on specific things, but now im lost.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:17 PM   #2
Kravn
F HILLARY 2016

Kravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond repute

Arx raid gear is superior enough in base stats you can stand to lose some heroics. You will still be above 400 in everything important which means over previous mod2 caps.

You are literally talking some AC and 1000+ hp per item from TBM group gear.

Some small exceptions will arise... and depending on wether you are wearing the dropped TBM items, or the type 9 build-a-items that come from HA chests and HA named, the AC could be better on some items.

Weapons and Vis gear are no brainers though... Arx destroys group gear. Nonvis evaluate as you see fit.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:51 AM   #3
IncarnatedDead
Aetherwind

IncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond repute

The level 105 Crypt-Hunter TBM armor (group) with well-rounded stat augs works out to be similar to the level 100 CotF t1 raid gear....but the CotF gear has better spell damage, clairvoyance, heal boost, purity, focii, and such. The TBM stuff can have better heroic stats.

You can use warrior-type augs in the TBM gear and get higher AC and AGI, but you lose all the heal/dmg modifiers which will take away from your lifetap stuff.

The raid gear from Arx is better than the TBM group stuff by quite a bit, ant the TBM raid gear is better than the Arx raid gear.

When it comes to choosing...you don't really get much choice. You get what you win out of what drops.

IncarnatedDead is offline   Reply With Quote