Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > The Armory

The Armory Weapon, Armor, and Utility gear discussion.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:47 AM   #1
ShyTRex

ShyTRex is on a distinguished road
SK1 Returning player

Hi all,
I am just returning and looking to build a gear list so I can make a plan of attack to get current. I just came back a few days before new years. I spent most of the last few days farming visible pieces from FM. I've got guildies to help but I am mostly group focused and I have a box team of Mage, Bard, SK, Cleric, Shm, Rog/Wiz that rotate. So far I have had no real issues in FM nameds.

That said would anyone ( or lots of people) mind looking over my magelo and helping me make a gear up plan? I know I am behind on lots of augs and plan to start looking those up soonish too. Any thoughts, ridicule tips, tricks, gnome jokes and suggestions welcome.

I don't mind doing the leg work myself also.. if anyone wants to just point me in the direction of some well geared group Sk's that helps a ton too...

Thanks in advance and I look forward to digging through all the existing posts.
https://eq.magelo.com/profile/1772067

Last edited by ShyTRex; 01-04-2017 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Edit* fixed drunk typos
ShyTRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 11:00 AM   #2
Kravn
F HILLARY 2016

Kravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like you are already moving in the right direction... keep going with the EoK group gear... get T1 to start, then move into T2 once you can reliably handle tanking it.

Use the EQresource gear search to find your best in slot items from the group game:

http://eok.eqresource.com/groupgear.php

PS wurmslayer is crap for knights... get a knight 1 hander. T1 drops in SW from Cathal Paclock, and T2 drops in Droga and is a pita as the named charms.
Old 01-04-2017, 11:19 AM   #3
ShyTRex

Thanks Kravn
Quote:
PS wurmslayer is crap for knights... get a knight 1 hander. T1 drops in SW from Cathal Paclock, and T2 drops in Droga and is a pita as the named charms.
I had an Armsman's Axe prior to this from TBM. I've only been back a few days but the wurmslayer seems to be a little bit better DPS and I feel like with it I take WAY less damage. I still have the axe in my bags.

Would you mind explaining why its garbage for knights? trying to learn to fish again.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:20 PM   #4
Kravn
F HILLARY 2016

Kravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond repute

the EoK knight specific one handers have massive rune procs on them, and the via effect on wurmslayer doesn't do a lot for us as pretty much all of our defensive abilities are on the same SPA.

not to mention wurmslayer has a ratio of a dual wield class weapon, so you are missing out on a ton of potential DPS.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:02 PM   #5
ShyTRex

Great info!

To clarify you mention SPA. What is that?
I'll dig into the wepons soon from group game. For now it probably makes sense to keep upgrading my visable, non-visable and augs first right? unless I come upon one of the knigth specific one handers obviously I won't turn it down! At a glance what do you think my worst item/ aug is right now? Hoping to prioritize a bit.

Do you know any well group geared SK's I can look over ?
Old 01-04-2017, 04:51 PM   #6
ShyTRex

One more thing.. I have been working under the assumption that HAgi is the way to go beyond AC. I'm seeing some conflicting data on these forums suggesting that HDex may be better in regards to pay off.
What are everyone's thoughts? As I understood it AC> all then HP then HAgi ( because it translates to AC) then HDex because it translates to more HP and mitigation with dodge. Is that A. Wrong B. outdated C. still fairly accurate?
Old 01-04-2017, 10:15 PM   #7
flatchy
I got my AA the old fashioned way I earned em

flatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond repute

JUST DO AS YOUR TOLD! lol nah jk mate, Kravn is steering you in the right direction. When your young in the sk game, get your defences and ac up there. Then go for the rest. It all matters, but what is your first job? Think on that.

12 level 110
toons, who do I want to be today???
flatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 12:53 AM   #8
riou

riou has a reputation beyond reputeriou has a reputation beyond reputeriou has a reputation beyond reputeriou has a reputation beyond reputeriou has a reputation beyond reputeriou has a reputation beyond reputeriou has a reputation beyond reputeriou has a reputation beyond reputeriou has a reputation beyond reputeriou has a reputation beyond reputeriou has a reputation beyond repute

avoiding > mitigating.

hDex hits 2 avoidances, hAgi was hitting 1, now 2 (tho the 2nd is in much smaller amounts).

Ripostes being a thing for hDex + Crit gains and such help out your weapon leaches.

The problem happens in raids when the devs continuously raise levels of strike through and heroic stat cancellation, to where if you are in TDS (as group gear) or basically any Raid in appropriate gear for the content, your heroics defensively basically have 0 value :P

I think the group side hasn't seen much if any gains in the cancellation aspect since TDS though and TBM heroic inflation pushed it up a lot higher.

SPA is just spell affect, it basically determines what the line of a spell does, 0 being positive heals, negative damage, 3 is run speed, etc there are like 480ish different ones atm. SPA # effects generally don't stack, ones that do stack have to be in separate spell slots, and in those cases it's generally just the buffs that stack not the effect itself.

If you only group Wurmslayer isn't that bad of a choice since it's effect is on 100% of the time while equipped and will take effect over cleric vie on any hit below 17500 (which is basically all group game hits).

Disc wise it will beat any hit below 8750 on the 20% one and below 5000 for the 35% one, but neither of those last 24/7.
riou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:28 AM   #9
Kravn
F HILLARY 2016

Runes work with everything though, and the runes on knight weapons this expansion are MUCH larger than previous. Additionally, knight weapons have a MUCH better ratio than Wurmslayer. You are losing a lot of valuable dmg and leech potential using such a gimp ratio weapon.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:42 PM   #10
ShyTRex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kravn View Post
Runes work with everything though, and the runes on knight weapons this expansion are MUCH larger than previous. Additionally, knight weapons have a MUCH better ratio than Wurmslayer. You are losing a lot of valuable dmg and leech potential using such a gimp ratio weapon.
Got it. My question is more relatedifficult to tankabilty (is that a word). With the Wurmslayer I seem to take hits much better. My role in the group game is to be a meatsheild and secondary provide some damage. I'm trying to figure out if the extra damage I can do outweighs the benefits of the effect that helps me absorb damage.

To add additional context... this is all in relation to my box team. I need them to live.. Cr's and recovery are a pain in the ass with 6 toons!

Last edited by ShyTRex; 01-06-2017 at 05:18 PM.
ShyTRex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, gear, returning