Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Abilities and Tactics

Abilities and Tactics A place to discuss SK abilities such as Spells, AA\'s, and Melee as well as how to best use them.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:37 AM   #21
elric

elric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond repute

Not neccessariily a hotkey, but a neat trick I was told about last week. On your hotkey bar that has your clickies that need refreshing, add your cheap food/drink for force feeding. That way it's harder to forget, and you don't accidentally consume the expensive food/drink.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #22
Fahlin

Fahlin has a spectacular aura aboutFahlin has a spectacular aura aboutFahlin has a spectacular aura aboutFahlin has a spectacular aura aboutFahlin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatchy View Post
I guess I have never found a use for fading my companions aggro. ever, it has never been an issue. What are you doing or not doing that is causing your pet to be such a nuisance? Greater pet hold is about all you need to ever bother with, turn it on once and leave it on. When you want your pet to jump in the fray hit pet attack. If greater hold isnt always on (well perhaps if your farming mass Gray cons) then again your doign it wrong.
The usefulness of that key depends highly on your play style. I found it extremely helpful when my guild was raiding HOT Upper Floors and we would DA pet pull to split mobs. In situations where you're fighting multiple mobs and one of them runs while the pet chases and agros another group of mobs, I would just FD and use that hotkey. IIRC it works while you're FD. Any situation where you are fighting and then need to back off or run, this would be helpful (if your pet was attacking too). It was common for me as a solo player and raider, but now that I've started over and am 3 boxing I don't see myself needing it at all.
[Retired] SK#1 Level 85, Fahlin on Cazic Thule
[Retired] SK#2 Level 97, Smahlin on Cazic Thule
[Active] SK#3 Level 51, Rikkoris on Firiona Vie
[Active] SHM Level 51, Phokak on Firiona Vie
[Active] WIZ Level 51, Gandwar on Firiona Vie
Fahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #23
flatchy
I got my AA the old fashioned way I earned em

flatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahlin View Post
The usefulness of that key depends highly on your play style. .
Exactly that is why I think GH is more useful to me so I use it. I dont raid, and usually multiples are not part of the equation. If they are I want to not have to worry that my pet, or the other two I control, will not do something stupid causing a wipe. I got too much going on to worry about that extra 2 seconds of dps I may be losing from some pets. In your scenerios Id say go with the reg hold then most assuradley.

12 level 105 toons, who do I want to be today???
flatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #24
Klotar
Forum told me to set a custom title so I did

Klotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Klotar Send a message via MSN to Klotar Send a message via Yahoo to Klotar

A couple situations where I might want to FD/Summon the pet might be if you mis-timed a roamer or repop, that strolls by where you are fighting, and starts whacking on 'Niblet' from behind him. You might be able to AE Hate the add before he gets eaten but either way, you generally don't have much time. The other scenario might be if a group member (or earth pet) decides to root mobs, so you need to step back and bring the unrooted mob with you. The pet may be on the rooted mob OR on the right mob but still within melee range of the rooted mob. Sometimes, the pet fails FD and the mob would continue to whack on him. Summoning the pet to you makes you more desireable and could save his bacon. Admittedly not the best reasons in the world to summon but just meant to illustrate that it's not always lack of hold/ghold or being overly careless sending the pet in.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #25
Eggborn
I need to set a custom tit

Eggborn has much to be proud ofEggborn has much to be proud ofEggborn has much to be proud ofEggborn has much to be proud ofEggborn has much to be proud ofEggborn has much to be proud ofEggborn has much to be proud ofEggborn has much to be proud ofEggborn has much to be proud ofEggborn has much to be proud ofEggborn has much to be proud of

I have an audio trigger for when snare lands. I'll find the text later. This is the placeholder. Not exactly a hotkey, but I love audio triggers.
Eggborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #26
Klotar

Klotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Klotar Send a message via MSN to Klotar Send a message via Yahoo to Klotar

Same -- I have ones for snares, slows, mez, interrupts, resists, fizzles, gift of mana, fall to the ground, etc. Invaluable.
Klotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #27
Villin

Villin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond repute

I have wear off audio triggers for all my dots, deflection going down, mortal coil activating/wearing off, defensive wearing off. I prolly have way too many but I find the game easier to just play if I don't have to pay attention to text messages for that crap. I like the food/water hotkeys thats a good idea.
Villin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:38 PM   #28
Temijin

Temijin Temijin Temijin Temijin Temijin Temijin Temijin Temijin

Anyone have a macro for looting?
Temijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:08 PM   #29
Moederneuker
Golgi's personal terrorist

Moederneuker has a brilliant futureMoederneuker has a brilliant futureMoederneuker has a brilliant futureMoederneuker has a brilliant futureMoederneuker has a brilliant futureMoederneuker has a brilliant futureMoederneuker has a brilliant futureMoederneuker has a brilliant futureMoederneuker has a brilliant futureMoederneuker has a brilliant futureMoederneuker has a brilliant future

dont need a macro for looting. i have hotkeys for /hidecorpse looted though i hit it everytime i log in. then i jsut shift+rightclick my pile of corpse over and over. the new dropdown box for nodrops helps speedtaht up. if you hold shift you dont ever have to click loot all etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumdum View Post
I'd just make it in then at 164. I am only slightly smarter than Sam Deathwalker...
Somebody shoot me: First, I agree with Golgi, and then I rank somewhere between Sam Deathwalker and a guy that calls himself Dumdum.
Moederneuker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:04 AM   #30
Klotar

One hotkey macro that I find handy that I thought was mentioned already but must have been in another thread is one I use for pulling a single out of a group. I don't have the exact /alt activate codes but the pseudo code and explanation should get the idea across: /alt activate xxx (where xxx is the code for Hate's Attraction) /pause (a very small pause, maybe just 1/10 sec.) /alt activate yyy (where yyy is the code for Death's Effigy) /sit off What that does is HA your target out of a crowd and immediately aggro-wipe via Death's Effigy while the mob is still flying, and then stand up and ready to cast/tag right in front of you. I have this hotkey AND both HA and DE visible so that I know that the timers are ready on both. HA refreshes faster than DE so you have to make sure both are up otherwise you get the crowd. Also, make sure you are in range before using this hotkey, otherwise when you click the macro, HA will get a "too far away" message, and DE will be blown for a couple minutes.