Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Abilities and Tactics

Abilities and Tactics A place to discuss SK abilities such as Spells, AA\'s, and Melee as well as how to best use them.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:43 AM   #21
sojero
title, custom

sojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond repute

After testing and reviewing these AA we have taken a major step back to the other tanks this expansion. Things are looking bleak at best. The only new AA worth a damn is the new flash AA. Reaver's bargin is unusable in the scenario it was meant for, and is useless on all but 3? mobs in the group game, and even then it is not worth the use for a group geared tank. HT needs to be speed up, it is a 20 min agro tool now! The additions to spire, VODeath and VODecay are very minimal, barely noticed any difference. the new leech AA is 70 healing per second on average, 120 during a burn, useless and costs 60!!! AA
sojero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:11 PM   #22
Phyros

Phyros has a spectacular aura aboutPhyros has a spectacular aura aboutPhyros has a spectacular aura aboutPhyros has a spectacular aura aboutPhyros has a spectacular aura aboutPhyros has a spectacular aura aboutPhyros has a spectacular aura about

Just FYI Brutal Expansion AA's. I know they should be not the greatest as to the positon of the game, but they are not that good at all. Got room on that sinking boat Soj?
Phyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:53 PM   #23
Xanathol_EGN
Bored

Xanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond repute

I'm torn between incompetence and contempt. It would be easy to say that these guys just don't know what they are doing, but then you see what they do for other classes and it is really hard to image that this isn't intentional. At this point, if you have never tried one of the other tank classes, now is the time.
Xanathol_EGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:54 PM   #24
sojero
title, custom

sojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond repute

Man I got a spot right between my sk and my zerker, recently switched to raiding on the zerker, yeah, may have fucked myself on that one too! they aren't getting much that is decent either, looks good on paper, but shit in implantation! but ill leave that to the zerker forums. I still have the desire to fight for the class, but unholy shit they make it hard to give a F. I agree with you on the comparing ourselves to pallies, don't really want to do it, but we have nothing else to give reference off of. They are getting some sick shit, they will be able to AE hate every 45 seconds with their new spell and AA, which is really all that is needed for the group game or raid game unless in the fastest of AE groups, and over half the Xpac is undead and they get a mini HT every 3 min to undead, plus slays, and OH and VtF can CRIT!!!!!! I want a fucking critting HT with a dot that uses our dot AA! Would give up HT for a 75k every 3 min nuke to all because in the current state HT is now just an agro tool on a 20 min recast. I beta buffed a pally and gave it tds beta fish group gear and rk2 of spells. We went and did a mission and the group couldn't tell the difference between the pally and the raid geared sk because of all the reflective heals, stuns, and other tricks, oh and I pulled out 33k dps on the pally and never really burned on it! I am honestly happy for Pallies, and don't want anything taken from them because I am happy as hell to see them get some nice shit, just wish we could get some too!
Old 11-04-2015, 09:18 AM   #25
Rakharth

Rakharth has a spectacular aura aboutRakharth has a spectacular aura aboutRakharth has a spectacular aura about

Sad just sad.. never thought of playing another tank class but they seem to be pushing us towards it now..
Old 11-04-2015, 11:16 AM   #26
sojero
title, custom

Yeah if you really want to be a tank and have a good group setup rolling and want to raid tank, hate to say it play a war. If you want to be a great healer and solo'er, group, and have a raid spot play a pally. If you just like to group and molo and not do much else, play an SK, SK's will not be getting raid spots anymore if you are a new or returning player, just kinda depressing.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:16 AM   #27
Xanathol_EGN
Bored

Xanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond repute

So they tweaked the tank for mana & endurance bit but I haven't got to test that yet and honestly don't have much of a want to. They also bumped Innate Darkblade from 60% to ...drumroll... 90%. Can these guys even do math? Here's your 2k dps to close that 12k dps gap... ~8k dps (war & sk) ~8k * 1.6 ~= ~12.8k dps ~8k * 1.9 ~= ~15.2k dps 12.8k * ~2 (from 2her prof) ~= ~25.6k dps (& verified per parses) "But but but warriors don't run around with 2her prof on" - well they should, if they are not tanking at the time. The whole "waiting in the tanking line" bit is just lazy. How hard is it to hotkey a bando to 1her + shield and alt activate the proper stance?
Xanathol_EGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:20 AM   #28
sojero
title, custom

Xan one of the things that you are leaving out is our spell damage, we close all but about 3-5k of that gap with out spells. we also have to give up some dps for our versatility in the group/solo game. War is not getting the same versatillity as we are so they get the side benefit of dps out of it, much as I hate to say that, that is what the devs seem to think of it, from what I have seen. With everything that they are taking away from all the classes it seems one of the things they are trying to do is to redefine the classes a bit and give justification to their own way of thinking. You are also looking at raid geared War, group geared take a LOT more risks when doing that, the extra 3k ac from raid gear and the extra HP make a huge tanking difference for them, where I have found from doing beta buff toons vs my raid gear toons, group knights vs raid knights are not as big of a diff because of their self healing is not magnified by the raid stuff nearly as much. War can do higher burns if put in a dps group because of the way adps effects them, but they never will be, so its a mute point. SK get more benefits on raids from mgb ADPS than war do. All in all, the extra 2k is actually nice and helps, gonna take what we can get where we can get it.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:27 PM   #29
Rakharth

Rakharth has a spectacular aura aboutRakharth has a spectacular aura aboutRakharth has a spectacular aura about

This pally here stephen51 or whatever made me laugh https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...edback.227787/ saying we are only ones who got better then them.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:34 PM   #30
sojero
title, custom

That is the problem with the pally class, you will find a couple fucking amazing ones that walk around like jesus...... Then you the the vast majority that are so fucking retarded that shit has a higher IQ. reminds me of the swarm babies that sk's had to deal with.