Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Abilities and Tactics

Abilities and Tactics A place to discuss SK abilities such as Spells, AA\'s, and Melee as well as how to best use them.

Old 05-31-2016, 03:18 PM   #21
Kravn
F HILLARY 2016

Kravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncarnatedDead View Post
I want to tank with a 2 hander again. Our epics are 2 handers so it should be well within character to tank with them. This would bring our DPS up to still be below pretty much every other class. Innoruuk-forbid we actually kill stuff better, right? Wont happen.

Scale armor up more appropriately for level...unlike what happened from 100 to 105 where there was barely any upping at all. Huh? In what way do you mean? group gear? Raid gear? TDS? TBM? Be more specific

Please, may the new expansion be more than 4 zones regurgitated in myriad ways. TBM was 5 zones, thank you very much.

No more prestige horseshit. We paid for the GD expansion, and we earned the fgn gear....we should be able to use all of it...even if we don't pay you $15 a month per account to operate your 1U rack server. Yes, and No. Almost nothing in TBM was prestige except at raid level.

How about some control features for mercs? Like ATTACK a certain target or HEAL a certain target when asked or buff a certain spell when asked. Wont happen.

Don't make us kill relatively innocent mobs...like the farmers in Valley of Lunarn (sic). They were just farming...not hurting anybody and weren't aggressive to begin with. Imagine a bunch of warriors running through Nebraska just killing every farmer around...that would help nobody! This, I will agree is somewhat annoying. I will say, the Husker state doesn't really offer a lot of value though.

Have someone creative craft the lore and stitch it all together so that it makes sense. This probably won't happen because none of the last 6 or so expansions made much sense...but one can hope, right? Seriously? Where you been the last decade?
See my comments in Orange.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:21 PM   #22
Xanathol
Administrator

Xanathol has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klotar View Post
I believe that SHM Roar of Thunder blocks Dire Strangulation (looks like the STR debuff in Slot 2).
Thanks I see it now - Beastlord AA btw. I certainly would like to see that changed but quite honestly, that should be something Beastlords avoid using in favor of our DoT line. My beast has rank 15 (of 19) and the reuse is ~4.5 min with a 1 min debuff. -91 AC is arguably better than -275 dex & agi and even at their maxed 14k dd, our DoT stands to do more dps right now, much less post changes. Tell your beasts to stop it.
Xanathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 03:23 PM   #23
Kravn
F HILLARY 2016

Kravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post
Thanks I see it now - Beastlord AA btw. I certainly would like to see that changed but quite honestly, that should be something Beastlords avoid using in favor of our DoT line. My beast has rank 15 (of 19) and the reuse is ~4.5 min with a 1 min debuff. -91 AC is arguably better than -275 dex & agi and even at their maxed 14k dd, our DoT stands to do more dps right now, much less post changes. Tell your beasts to stop it.
I think its an agro reduction tool for BSTs too IIRC. Im not currently in a position to look.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:26 PM   #24
IncarnatedDead
Aetherwind

IncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kravn View Post
I left EQ when the highest level was 75. I left fully raid geared in a top-level raid guild...came back to find that guild no longer exists and my previously awesome gear was lesser-than the defiant gear.

I came back 3 months ago, and am now 105 with 12,000 AAs and a CotF raid geared (for the most part). A lot has changed. Some things are worse. Some things are better. Overall, everything is way easier.... Like WAY, WAY easier...and there are a lot of woosies because of it.

IncarnatedDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 04:32 PM   #25
Xanathol
Administrator

While thinking of ideas, I wanted to share something to illustrate a point. This section of data was taken from my best real group burn, a whooping 24 second fight:

slash: 1758150 total, 73256.25 dps, 24 seconds

Carmine Blade: 793325 total, 3 melee hits
Lacerating Blade: 296921 total, 2 melee hits
-Aus: 175976 total, 26 melee hits, 5 misses
-VoD-CarRa: 136067 total, 5 melee hits, 2 misses
-Aus-VoD-CarRa: 117198 total, 7 melee hits, 1 misses
T`Vyl's Resolve I: 88412 total, 3 melee hits
Reflexive Rancor: 72572 total, 3 melee hits
riposte: 71246 total, 5 melee hits
-Aus-VoD: 6433 total, 2 melee hits

If you only looked at this parse via Gam, you'd say "73k slash damage - looks good!"... and you would be wrong.

Carmine, T`Vyl's, & Reflexive are all long reuse abilities, accounting for ~40k of that sum. Lacerating Blade accounts for ~12k but is once a minute and that exact damage from Lacerating extrapolated over 60 seconds comes out to 4948.68 dps instead.

The real slash dps - which was under VoD & T`Vyl's mind you - was ~21k, including ripostes. Grant it, that was with a 1her and I have certainly peaked better, but it should illustrate the point of just how poor our melee is, particularly the longer a fight goes on. Without VoD and T`Vyl's, the melee would be nearly miniscule.

We need melee enhancements - be it passive or via faster activated abilities (ex. a faster refresh on Lacerating Blades).
Old 05-31-2016, 04:38 PM   #26
sojero
title, custom

sojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond repute

What was your spell damage during that time?
sojero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 06:31 PM   #27
Xanathol
Administrator

Non-melee was more and I hadn't even got the ball rolling yet, so to speak. I've shared that data with you elsewhere.
Old 05-31-2016, 07:59 PM   #28
flatchy
I got my AA the old fashioned way I earned em

flatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kravn View Post
I saw your quote about Nebraska and must say I was taken aback. I can think of many things that made Nebraska great. Mostly those Nathional Championship trophies in Lincoln....... OK OK that is the only thing.

12 level 105 toons, who do I want to be today???
flatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 08:02 PM   #29
flatchy
I got my AA the old fashioned way I earned em

flatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncarnatedDead View Post
I left EQ when the highest level was 75. I left fully raid geared in a top-level raid guild...came back to find that guild no longer exists and my previously awesome gear was lesser-than the defiant gear.

I came back 3 months ago, and am now 105 with 12,000 AAs and a CotF raid geared (for the most part). A lot has changed. Some things are worse. Some things are better. Overall, everything is way easier.... Like WAY, WAY easier...and there are a lot of woosies because of it.
Yeha like the ones who jump 30 levels in 3 months and sprout about 10k AA?

12 level 105 toons, who do I want to be today???
flatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 12:46 AM   #30
IncarnatedDead
Aetherwind

IncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond reputeIncarnatedDead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatchy View Post
Yeha like the ones who jump 30 levels in 3 months and sprout about 10k AA?
When I first learned about the auto-grant thing I was all like WTF?! Way too easy! LOL!

I have found it so funny to hear folks say that they have been playing since beta/1999 then hear them in genchat asking how to get to Sebilis.....

IncarnatedDead is offline   Reply With Quote