Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > The Armory

The Armory Weapon, Armor, and Utility gear discussion.

Old 04-03-2017, 05:05 PM   #1
vaako

vaako is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Soultrapper

So a few raids "assault on atrebe" it seems I pull agro from others tanking assaulters, other tanks are certain the ae agro from the rune is the reason why..

I don't use harmonius or any other ae effects on that raid, and on other raids it doesent seem to be a problem.

Question is - are there some mechanic tied to how agro works on those assaulters or is the weap really the cause of this??
Old 04-03-2017, 08:41 PM   #2
Kravn
F HILLARY 2016

Kravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond repute

Rune generates pretty significant aggro, so on fresh spawns a couple lucky procs could glue them to you.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:33 AM   #3
vaako

vaako is an unknown quantity at this point

Just find it strange, other SKs pulling+ tanking an assaulter while I got beetle duty.
I will stay high on agro from get go basically, and occassionally the other tanks will loose agro to me despite they give the mob all in on agro, and I never hit it with anything..

From what I could find from quick search, rune is agro *1.6=11.520/ proc
(does hate mods apply??)
Melee alone from the other tank is 30-40k/s (+hate mods) then procs to top it, should be plenty to counter my rune buff..

I don't remember if reflected spells generate agro?? otherwise spells on top of that melee there should be no way I would get agro..

I had not planned for invested wurmslayer tbh but if im the only one using soultrapper and it poses a problem my hand might be forced

Last edited by vaako; 04-04-2017 at 02:09 AM.
vaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 12:12 PM   #4
Kravn
F HILLARY 2016

Kravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond repute

Wurmslayer is pretty much garbage for knights
Old 04-10-2017, 10:23 PM   #5
Ravengloome

Ravengloome has a spectacular aura aboutRavengloome has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaako View Post
Just find it strange, other SKs pulling+ tanking an assaulter while I got beetle duty.
I will stay high on agro from get go basically, and occassionally the other tanks will loose agro to me despite they give the mob all in on agro, and I never hit it with anything..

From what I could find from quick search, rune is agro *1.6=11.520/ proc
(does hate mods apply??)
Melee alone from the other tank is 30-40k/s (+hate mods) then procs to top it, should be plenty to counter my rune buff..

I don't remember if reflected spells generate agro?? otherwise spells on top of that melee there should be no way I would get agro..

I had not planned for invested wurmslayer tbh but if im the only one using soultrapper and it poses a problem my hand might be forced
How are you coming up with 30k hate per second for the other tanks?

You'd have to be swinging a ludicrous amount of times per second to generate that. Dps =/= swing aggro. Meaning your estimated 11k proc if twinned could easily grab unlocked mobs.

+ % hate mods are also broken currently, or atleast are from the controlled testing I saw. Not sure if that includes VOT but Bold attacks and Hate masks are 0% hate increase as of last week. (Probably longer than that)

It sounds more like you need to hand out some git gud in spades.
Ravengloome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 10:07 AM   #6
mallakhi

mallakhi is an unknown quantity at this point

If your sword is ganking agro from other tanks, your other tanks should be replaced with tanks.
mallakhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 09:07 PM   #7
Terminate

Terminate is an unknown quantity at this point

Agreed with Mallakhi. The aggro on a rune proc is I believe.. Twice? Its value, and the rune on Soultrapper is 7200, which would be 14,400 agro. If you've got VoT on, should easily be able to gank agro fast, assuming it only procs once, but Multiple times as Kravn was thinking of? It will definitely put you up there.

Last edited by Terminate; 05-30-2017 at 09:09 PM.
Terminate is offline   Reply With Quote