Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Race Discussion

Race Discussion Post your race questions and begin race riots here.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:38 AM   #11
Predicus

Predicus is a glorious beacon of lightPredicus is a glorious beacon of lightPredicus is a glorious beacon of lightPredicus is a glorious beacon of lightPredicus is a glorious beacon of lightPredicus is a glorious beacon of lightPredicus is a glorious beacon of lightPredicus is a glorious beacon of lightPredicus is a glorious beacon of lightPredicus is a glorious beacon of lightPredicus is a glorious beacon of light

There is definitely still some sort of xp bonus/penalty still in-game. My guess is that it is based on class if race has indeed been removed. About a week ago, I level a wood-elf rogue and a dark elf mage up from level one (no evolving weapons/leadership xp on). The woodelf rogue did eclipse the mage in xp gains over time, and it was definitely noticeable. I think that by the time my rogue had dinged 35, my mage was still hanging around at 33. There were no deaths along the way, and both toons were newly created and leveled together via aoe hate/ds. While I have no log files to prove it, it is definitely in-game if anyone wants to verify.
Predicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:45 AM   #12
elmore

elmore has a reputation beyond reputeelmore has a reputation beyond reputeelmore has a reputation beyond reputeelmore has a reputation beyond reputeelmore has a reputation beyond reputeelmore has a reputation beyond reputeelmore has a reputation beyond reputeelmore has a reputation beyond reputeelmore has a reputation beyond reputeelmore has a reputation beyond reputeelmore has a reputation beyond repute

No evolving weapons were being used by any of our toons.
elmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 04:26 PM   #13
Izabadman
Retired

Izabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predicus View Post
There is definitely still some sort of xp bonus/penalty still in-game. My guess is that it is based on class if race has indeed been removed. About a week ago, I level a wood-elf rogue and a dark elf mage up from level one (no evolving weapons/leadership xp on). The woodelf rogue did eclipse the mage in xp gains over time, and it was definitely noticeable. I think that by the time my rogue had dinged 35, my mage was still hanging around at 33. There were no deaths along the way, and both toons were newly created and leveled together via aoe hate/ds. While I have no log files to prove it, it is definitely in-game if anyone wants to verify.
Rogues and warriors still have class xp bonuses, they were not removed like the penalties were. Same with racial bonuses for halflings.

Sig Art by Nick Deligaris. Used with permission.
Izabadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:11 PM   #14
Darksidhe
Soledad O'Brien is my hero

Darksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izabadman View Post
Rogues and warriors still have class xp bonuses, they were not removed like the penalties were. Same with racial bonuses for halflings.
Are those cumulative (halfling rog/war) ?
"It's Knights with a clear agenda, intending to undo the good accomplished by Frodlin and others." "I very much agree that Warriors should provide non-partisan information, but I don't think we need jump to what could be Warrior disadvantaging recommendations on what to do about that information. Let's leave the "politics" out of the discussion for the time being and just document what exists." - Battleblade_Xegony
Darksidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:26 PM   #15
Okami
Moderator - Keeper of the Ban Stick

Okami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud of

Right, it was the penalties that were removed, not the bonuses, So human, halfling, and barb? should be bringing in more?

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
We can't become what we need to be by remaining what we are.
They that are not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:55 PM   #16
flatchy
I got my AA the old fashioned way I earned em

flatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond repute

I think its that Heroic Charisma, yup!

12 level 110
toons, who do I want to be today???
flatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:13 PM   #17
Sheitan

Sheitan Sheitan Sheitan Sheitan Sheitan Sheitan Sheitan Sheitan Sheitan Sheitan Sheitan

i am still convinced that mercs eat more xp than any player will.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

you're all still sluts...
Sheitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #18
Darksidhe
Soledad O'Brien is my hero

Darksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheitan View Post
i am still convinced that mercs eat more xp than any player will.
Every time I check, my merc is only taking about half of a portion of xp - I get 3/4 xp of solo instead of 1/2. My understanding was that it was divided equally among player, biased by level.
"It's Knights with a clear agenda, intending to undo the good accomplished by Frodlin and others." "I very much agree that Warriors should provide non-partisan information, but I don't think we need jump to what could be Warrior disadvantaging recommendations on what to do about that information. Let's leave the "politics" out of the discussion for the time being and just document what exists." - Battleblade_Xegony
Darksidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:45 AM   #19
Izabadman
Retired

Izabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksidhe View Post
Are those cumulative (halfling rog/war) ?
Yes.

Sig Art by Nick Deligaris. Used with permission.
Izabadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:29 AM   #20
Rezinnx
I need to set a custom title

Rezinnx is a glorious beacon of lightRezinnx is a glorious beacon of lightRezinnx is a glorious beacon of lightRezinnx is a glorious beacon of lightRezinnx is a glorious beacon of lightRezinnx is a glorious beacon of lightRezinnx is a glorious beacon of lightRezinnx is a glorious beacon of lightRezinnx is a glorious beacon of lightRezinnx is a glorious beacon of lightRezinnx is a glorious beacon of light

Barbarians used to have a 5% xp penalty the only good race I can recall a penalty for. The Bonus races were Human,gnome, and halfling from what I recall. Bonus classes were rogue/warrior. Edit: The difference in XP gains while leveling come from the way the penalties were dealt with. From what I read would it would cause too many problems to rework the equation so class/races which used to have a penalty now get bonus to offset the penalty instead of having had the section of hte equation figuring hte penalty dropped. It's not exact tho so some class/race combos that used to have penalties now have a minor advantage over those without said penalties.
Rezinnx is offline   Reply With Quote