Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Race Discussion

Race Discussion Post your race questions and begin race riots here.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:24 PM   #1
Carbunc

Carbunc will become famous soon enoughCarbunc will become famous soon enoughCarbunc will become famous soon enoughCarbunc will become famous soon enough
Default Breath Atk Maxed

I am a drakkin SK and currently have my breath atk at 10/15 I believe. I was wondering is it actually worth it to go out of my way to camp these frigging mobs to continue to upgrade it? Also if I did go out of my way to camp the mobs for shits and giggles how often do yall use the ATK in groups? just everytime it pops up/never/occasionally if it doesn't aggro other mobs? Is it a good way to increase hate when tanking multiple mobs? I mean i use it pretty often b/c a little extra DPS never hurt but was looking for input from more experienced players. (i Chose black btw if it matters in any way at all to the convo)
Carbunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:48 PM   #2
Mauzeraut
Would do anything for Dethklok

Mauzeraut has a reputation beyond reputeMauzeraut has a reputation beyond reputeMauzeraut has a reputation beyond reputeMauzeraut has a reputation beyond reputeMauzeraut has a reputation beyond reputeMauzeraut has a reputation beyond reputeMauzeraut has a reputation beyond reputeMauzeraut has a reputation beyond reputeMauzeraut has a reputation beyond reputeMauzeraut has a reputation beyond reputeMauzeraut has a reputation beyond repute

Slot Description 1: Decrease HP when cast by 614 2: Decrease Hitpoints by 308 per tick 3: Decrease Fire Resist by 25 Dot lasts 3 ticks, doesn't stack with Harm Touch and various anti-resistance spells. This is the fire one maxxed, whichever you have I doubt it's much different. Dunno how often you can fire it, but put it this way... if this were a clicky I could quest that didn't eat up a different clicky's charge, I'd do it. It's good enough that I considered making a Drakkin over an Ogre. And then I saw how they looked, and pretty much ended that argument right there.
Mauzeraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:49 AM   #3
Slein Jinn
Opener of Tightly Closed Jars

Slein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud of

My cleric is a blue Drakkin. Blue is the magic resist debuffer. I mostly use it to help me land magic spells (i.e. damn near every spell in the cleric arsenal) in tough situations. I also use it for just a bit of extra DPS on big pulls when grinding on soloing swarms of mobs. It's not game changing, but it's a nice enough free ability that I reckon blue Drakk to be the clear winner as a racial choice for clerics (for practical purposes at least - aesthetics/lore not withstanding), although the symbol of Innoruuk quest for DE's is a decent perk also. Black debuffs disease, which is ultimately probably the least useful. It's the least debuffed resist (and so will be the hardest to land), and is also probably the least used resist across all classes. It's still good to have, though. If nothing else, it's a bit of free DPS; DPS with no downside is always a bonus. The benefit of using it as a debuff is somewhat diminished through your being a black Drakk, but I'd still put in the time to camp the pieces.

Slightly cynical, somewhat jaded, and very bitter.

If you can't set a good example, you'll have to settle for being a horrible warning.
- Catherine the Great

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

Duke Slein Jinn
Scourge Knight on E'ci

Stand Up for the Champions!
Slein Jinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:28 PM   #4
negsole

negsole is an unknown quantity at this point

It depends on how you play. My drakkin has it maxed (kinda pita to do it, but definitely doable). If you solo a lot and get lots of adds and can deal with them all beating on you, this is a great wep and adds to dps. I've trained a bunch of mobs (up to 12-15) and used breath on them and it works great (I don't know if it hits all of them or only a max of 6 or something), but it is a huge dps boost for ya. On the other hand, if you group and you have a chanter that does CC, this is useless since it will break mez and chanter can't remez due to mez breaks from this dot. So... Solo - or no CC - this is great. Group - with chanter - not so good Good luck!
negsole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 08:42 AM   #5
kargren
Inquisitor

kargren is just really nicekargren is just really nicekargren is just really nicekargren is just really nicekargren is just really nicekargren is just really nicekargren is just really nicekargren is just really nicekargren is just really nicekargren is just really nicekargren is just really nice

(edited)Never mind I found my answer 5 min reuse time. That seems pretty usefull
kargren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 06:58 PM   #6
Dachande
Cats in Hats sucks

Dachande has much to be proud ofDachande has much to be proud ofDachande has much to be proud ofDachande has much to be proud ofDachande has much to be proud ofDachande has much to be proud ofDachande has much to be proud ofDachande has much to be proud ofDachande has much to be proud ofDachande has much to be proud ofDachande has much to be proud of

Drakkin are easily the gayest race for an SK to be. I think they should be banned from the forums imo.
Dachande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:44 AM   #7
Mikkail

Mikkail is a name known to allMikkail is a name known to allMikkail is a name known to allMikkail is a name known to allMikkail is a name known to allMikkail is a name known to allMikkail is a name known to allMikkail is a name known to allMikkail is a name known to allMikkail is a name known to allMikkail is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dachande View Post
Drakkin are easily the gayest race for an SK to be. I think they should be banned from the forums imo.
Gnome is gayer. Drakkin is just more embarrassingly gay.
Mikkail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 07:05 PM   #8
IowaGnome
Got Gnome?

IowaGnome has a reputation beyond reputeIowaGnome has a reputation beyond reputeIowaGnome has a reputation beyond reputeIowaGnome has a reputation beyond reputeIowaGnome has a reputation beyond reputeIowaGnome has a reputation beyond reputeIowaGnome has a reputation beyond reputeIowaGnome has a reputation beyond reputeIowaGnome has a reputation beyond reputeIowaGnome has a reputation beyond reputeIowaGnome has a reputation beyond repute

Gnomes > all other races. Seriously, Drakkins look like trannies.
IowaGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:29 PM   #9
Slein Jinn
Opener of Tightly Closed Jars

Slein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud of

Male Drakkin can look incredibly gay if you set them up to (emo hair, no helm, an absurd arrangement of horn thingers, etc.). They can look alright if you don't pick retarded appearance settings though. They're not as sexy as us DE's, but they're not as bad as the reputation that 'worst case scenario' appearance settings have given them either. They have the most well done armor graphics of any race; they actually look like a character wearing armor over the skin instead of a character whose armor is a part of himself like many races do. They do also come in a female variety... much harder to make a gay looking female Drakk, and well, who's going to complain about a little lesbianism anyway?

Slightly cynical, somewhat jaded, and very bitter.

If you can't set a good example, you'll have to settle for being a horrible warning.
- Catherine the Great

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

Duke Slein Jinn
Scourge Knight on E'ci

Stand Up for the Champions!
Slein Jinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 01:18 AM   #10
flatchy
I got my AA the old fashioned way I earned em

flatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond repute

And dont forget

12 level 110
toons, who do I want to be today???
flatchy is offline   Reply With Quote