Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Race Discussion

Race Discussion Post your race questions and begin race riots here.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:33 PM   #1
Fanatic

Fanatic is a name known to allFanatic is a name known to allFanatic is a name known to allFanatic is a name known to allFanatic is a name known to allFanatic is a name known to allFanatic is a name known to allFanatic is a name known to allFanatic is a name known to allFanatic is a name known to allFanatic is a name known to all
Default Race choice, same or diff now ?

I am going to make up a new, non twinked SK on the BB server. Been gone for about 2 years. Main diff I see is no Xp penalties anymore for race choice, and of course 2 new races, Frog, and Drakk. I have gone through the other race threads here, is anything new from the last few, or still basically the same ? the Frogs look cool and have great stats, the Drakk have great stats, but look well kinda sorry. Ogre still have chain speedo going on ? Stun immunity bypassed by magic high lvl ? Troll still have assless chaps ? Ikky still have armor issues at the lower lvls ? AC bonus still worth mentioning ? DE still the most overpopulated ? Gnome best old world faction, shortest to the ground ? Tinkering bout the only plus ? Humans cool catacombs, rare racial armors ?
Old 04-06-2009, 09:01 PM   #2
Triscuit

Triscuit has a reputation beyond reputeTriscuit has a reputation beyond reputeTriscuit has a reputation beyond reputeTriscuit has a reputation beyond reputeTriscuit has a reputation beyond reputeTriscuit has a reputation beyond reputeTriscuit has a reputation beyond reputeTriscuit has a reputation beyond reputeTriscuit has a reputation beyond reputeTriscuit has a reputation beyond reputeTriscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Highelf pallie, FTW~
Ascentia
Triscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:54 PM   #3
Tearsin Rain
your joy is my low

Tearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud of

good thing you asked. not like there there's 5 threads in this subforum right below this post going over this question at length...
Old 04-07-2009, 12:32 AM   #4
Slein Jinn
Opener of Tightly Closed Jars

Slein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud of

And seriously, it's not like I didn't just answer this question at length maybe two weeks ago or anything...

Slightly cynical, somewhat jaded, and very bitter.

If you can't set a good example, you'll have to settle for being a horrible warning.
- Catherine the Great

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

Duke Slein Jinn
Scourge Knight on E'ci

Stand Up for the Champions!
Slein Jinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:05 AM   #5
Mikkail

Mikkail is a name known to allMikkail is a name known to allMikkail is a name known to allMikkail is a name known to allMikkail is a name known to allMikkail is a name known to allMikkail is a name known to allMikkail is a name known to allMikkail is a name known to allMikkail is a name known to allMikkail is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanatic View Post
the Frogs look cool and have great stats, the Drakk have great stats, but look well kinda sorry. You'll have every stat maxed well before you make it to 85. Ignore them in your character choice. Ogre still have chain speedo going on ? Stun immunity bypassed by magic high lvl ? There is no spell stun immunity for any race or class. There are AAs to reduce melee stuns, but ogres remain the only totally immune race when playing an SK. Troll still have assless chaps ? I have no idea what you're on about here. Ikky still have armor issues at the lower lvls ? AC bonus still worth mentioning ? They've long since tossed out the "No plate for iksar" rule. AC is always worth mentioning. DE still the most overpopulated ? I don't think anyone cares, or notices. Gnome best old world faction, shortest to the ground ? Tinkering bout the only plus ? Old world faction has become entirely moot. Humans cool catacombs, rare racial armors ? I have no idea what you're on about with the "rare racial armor" - if you mean the culturally smithed armor, no - it's no more rare than any other race's. As to the catacomes, I doubt anyone's been there (other than for the 1.0) in years. Long story short - every racial benefit can be ignored, bypassed, or replaced with items/aas/spells except three. Ogre stun immunity, drakkin breath weapon, and iksar ac bonus. You're playing a tank, so the choice should be painfully obvious from those three choices as to which is the min/max "best" answer.
Mikkail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:13 AM   #6
Darksidhe
Soledad O'Brien is my hero

Darksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud ofDarksidhe has much to be proud of

Other than those 3 which are minimal gains, the only real difference anymore is the graphic. so...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izabadman View Post
the only advantage to 3rd person is so you can masturbate to your female dark elf toon.
there's really only one choice. Follow your destiny.
"It's Knights with a clear agenda, intending to undo the good accomplished by Frodlin and others." "I very much agree that Warriors should provide non-partisan information, but I don't think we need jump to what could be Warrior disadvantaging recommendations on what to do about that information. Let's leave the "politics" out of the discussion for the time being and just document what exists." - Battleblade_Xegony
Darksidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:55 AM   #7
Khauruk
Imposter

Khauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud of

If you roll drakkin, emoknight will feel all the more appropriate next year.
Khauruk is offline   Reply With Quote