Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Race Discussion

Race Discussion Post your race questions and begin race riots here.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
Klotar
Forum told me to set a custom title so I did

Klotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Klotar Send a message via MSN to Klotar Send a message via Yahoo to Klotar
Default Racial Changes via Station Cash now Live!

Now that racial changes are possible via Station Cash... http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/po...56888&#2318136 ... I think I will read this forum now. Ogre or Iksar? Hmmm...
Old 10-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #2
Khat Nip

Khat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond reputeKhat Nip has a reputation beyond repute

I was thinking that I would consider changing to Iksar if they implemented the ability, but $25?! Now I think I'll just stay an inky.

Khat Nip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #3
Thunderbumm
This is so fucking stupid

Thunderbumm has much to be proud ofThunderbumm has much to be proud ofThunderbumm has much to be proud ofThunderbumm has much to be proud ofThunderbumm has much to be proud ofThunderbumm has much to be proud ofThunderbumm has much to be proud ofThunderbumm has much to be proud ofThunderbumm has much to be proud ofThunderbumm has much to be proud ofThunderbumm has much to be proud of

...and the Iksar army grows. Me, I'm going to stay Ogre. $medley can bite me. Besides, my name kind of goes with my race, and I like frontal stun immunity. If I could be an Ogre/Drakkin that would be pretty cool I guess. Basically an Ogre with horns and serpentine eyes and runic tattoos. However, that doesn't exist. Evidently only Boy George wannabes have been welcomed into the Brood.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
Okami
Moderator - Keeper of the Ban Stick

Okami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud ofOkami has much to be proud of

How does it affect racial abilities and armors? If you take the change, would the DE in cultural going to ogre suddenly lose all the bonus INT and unable to wear what they have? They also have gender changes. And you can buy a potion that does both, gender and race, as their witness protection potion pack.

If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten.
We can't become what we need to be by remaining what we are.
They that are not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.
Okami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:31 PM   #5
Nightmare

Nightmare will become famous soon enoughNightmare will become famous soon enoughNightmare will become famous soon enoughNightmare will become famous soon enough

- You can only change your race to another race that can be that class - Your base faction for being that race changes to the new race's base faction (ie: from Dark Elf to High Elf will make you hated by Dark Elves for being a High Elf, and the High Elves liking you)... however, all faction you've done via quests, killing, etc. will carry over, so if you become a High Elf and have slaughtered your faction there, they'll more than likely still hate you - You can change just your diety and not your race, but you can only be a deity you could choose for your race-class combination - Your starting city changes too - If you're wearing cultural gear, it'll become useless (won't change over) and more than likely unequip itself after you use the changy item - It is supposed to let you do the Breath Weapon quests if you change to a Drakkin (but really... why would you change to a Drakkin?) - If you change FROM a gnome, you will lose the tinkering skill, and it will be RESET TO ZERO! So if you decide to change back to a Gnome, your maxed tinkering stat is gone... - It is not just cosmetic (Iksars have their slight AC bonus, Ogres can't get stunned from the front, etc.)
Old 10-23-2009, 12:17 AM   #6
Khauruk
Imposter

Khauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud ofKhauruk has much to be proud of

I know an amazing amount of Vah Shit beastlords became Ogres today. I'm kind of sad to see this in game, but I'm sure they'll be making some decent money off of it in the next few weeks.
Khauruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:56 AM   #7
Kelefane
[RETIRED]

Kelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond repute

cool
Kelefane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:12 AM   #8
Nightmare

Nightmare will become famous soon enoughNightmare will become famous soon enoughNightmare will become famous soon enoughNightmare will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khauruk View Post
Vah Shit
I presume that this was not a typo?
Old 10-23-2009, 08:23 AM   #9
Berg
Assume I'm wrong, just explain why

Berg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant future

- You can change just your diety and not your race, but you can only be a deity you could choose for your race-class combination Bah, I wanted to be an SK of Bristlebane, so much for that plan I can see a lot of shaman and clerics swapping to Innoruuk though, are there any other dieties that actually have any in game effect at all?
Old 10-23-2009, 09:03 AM   #10
Klotar
Forum told me to set a custom title so I did

Klotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Klotar Send a message via MSN to Klotar Send a message via Yahoo to Klotar

I decided to give this a go last night. The wisest choice would have been Ogre or Iksar for the racial benefits, but I decided to go Troll. Always loved 'em. I have old models on (so no horsie for me -- but I never get to use it anyways since I always have a bot or two in tow). I went purely for the fun factor. Then again during last night's raid, people were chatting about the racial changes -- I'm doing all sorts of "*ahem*" and "/cough", etc. No one even noticed I was not a DE any more, heh.