Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Race Discussion

Race Discussion Post your race questions and begin race riots here.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:25 PM   #1
Reridore Fallenlight

Reridore Fallenlight Reridore Fallenlight Reridore Fallenlight Reridore Fallenlight
Default Shadowknights and Roleplaying

Hi there. I'm new here, obviously. I switched servers a year back, my past EQ career being colored by rangers and druids. I chose to play a shadowknight for the roleplay possibilities of being a fallen paladin. At level 68, I've picked up a few tricks and things, obviously, so I'm not so lost to the mechanics of the class, but my primary focus has always been roleplaying. So, I was curious. Who here roleplays their shadow knight? How do you balance rp during things like grouping, raids, etc? Do you find it easier to just drop roleplay while hunting? Have you run into any challenges roleplaying a shadowknight, especially humans? Anyway, a premature thanks to whoever replies to this. ~Reridore Fallenlight, Grave Lord of Innoruuk, Nameless Server
Reridore Fallenlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:43 PM   #2
Izabadman
Retired

Izabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud of

Shadowknights are NOT "fallen paladins". We're Shadowknights. "Fallen paladins" would be shitty warriors.

Sig Art by Nick Deligaris. Used with permission.
Izabadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:52 PM   #3
pewpewzomglaser

pewpewzomglaser is on a distinguished roadpewpewzomglaser is on a distinguished road

I can't believe you said that... SK's are not a "fallen" version of this (pic shamelessly stolen from Organics)
Old 05-22-2009, 01:26 AM   #4
Beliaux

Beliaux has a spectacular aura aboutBeliaux has a spectacular aura aboutBeliaux has a spectacular aura aboutBeliaux has a spectacular aura aboutBeliaux has a spectacular aura aboutBeliaux has a spectacular aura about

Role playing in online games is dead. Even "Role play" servers shun role players from my experience. You have to choose to between being the guy everybody jokes about behind your back,or just relax,make friends and play the game. If you like "role playing" I'd suggest your local gaming / comic shop where you're bound to run into like-minded people. Dungeons and Dragons,Vampire the Masquerade or some other such RPG. They could use the new blood and the money.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:25 AM   #5
Zyric
Secret Agent Astronaut Millionaire Cowboy

Zyric has much to be proud ofZyric has much to be proud ofZyric has much to be proud ofZyric has much to be proud ofZyric has much to be proud ofZyric has much to be proud ofZyric has much to be proud ofZyric has much to be proud ofZyric has much to be proud ofZyric has much to be proud ofZyric has much to be proud of

This is how I roleplay. When somebody/group pisses me off, I go and grab the entire zone and FD the train in the middle of their camp and watch them die. /roleplay /shout I'm an evil shadowknight, I'm just roleplaying the part. Eat a dick. kktnxbye

Prathun-Dev wrote, "Testing and Documentation? We don't need no steenking testing and documentation!"
Zyric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:56 AM   #6
Stryffe

Stryffe has a brilliant futureStryffe has a brilliant futureStryffe has a brilliant futureStryffe has a brilliant futureStryffe has a brilliant futureStryffe has a brilliant futureStryffe has a brilliant futureStryffe has a brilliant futureStryffe has a brilliant futureStryffe has a brilliant futureStryffe has a brilliant future

Sony has taken the RP out of this MMORPG for the most part.

Appotus Dominus
Stryffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:42 AM   #7
Dumdum
want gum gum!

Dumdum has much to be proud ofDumdum has much to be proud ofDumdum has much to be proud ofDumdum has much to be proud ofDumdum has much to be proud ofDumdum has much to be proud ofDumdum has much to be proud ofDumdum has much to be proud ofDumdum has much to be proud ofDumdum has much to be proud ofDumdum has much to be proud of

Most MMORG 'roleplay' tends to be more of the bathroom humor or sexual in nature, rather than 'Forsooth! Yon maiden needs rescue! I shall mount my mighty Unicorn and forthwith slay thee Dragon!' Your typical EQ player response is gonna be /em farts on RolePally /em gets caught humping RolePally's Unicorn Typically during raiding times, when everyone was standing around waiting for the shit to get rolling, there would be a bit of roleplaying. As I played a Vah Shir people would do stuff like /em dangles string in front of Bigcatt. To which I would typically respond !!! More light humor than anything, just to stave off boredom. As said above RP in MMORGS is dead. I suspect it was about 30 seconds in to the first day that somoene figured out camping stuff, or got their ass trained. Much as I love this game, RP'ers just plain annoy me. Once in a while you see them spamming Guild hall or POK. Usuall they are just ignored till they go away, or mocked and ridiculed. But good luck with that.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ride free Brother
Dumdum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #8
Stryffe

Stryffe has a brilliant futureStryffe has a brilliant futureStryffe has a brilliant futureStryffe has a brilliant futureStryffe has a brilliant futureStryffe has a brilliant futureStryffe has a brilliant futureStryffe has a brilliant futureStryffe has a brilliant futureStryffe has a brilliant futureStryffe has a brilliant future

You would think that wouldn't be the case on the RP server though heh. Honestly I loved and still enjoy DnD, If there was a game that was really close to that in RP I might think about trying it. As far as RP in eq, man I just wish I could be as evil as I want my SK to be. I'm tired of saving the world, why can't we be the bad guys and kill the humans? Wasn't there a mission long ago about killing some preggo gnome or something? That's evil I'd love to do that.

Appotus Dominus
Stryffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:17 AM   #9
Umbraeques
Quando omni flunkus maratati

Umbraeques has a reputation beyond reputeUmbraeques has a reputation beyond reputeUmbraeques has a reputation beyond reputeUmbraeques has a reputation beyond reputeUmbraeques has a reputation beyond reputeUmbraeques has a reputation beyond reputeUmbraeques has a reputation beyond reputeUmbraeques has a reputation beyond reputeUmbraeques has a reputation beyond reputeUmbraeques has a reputation beyond reputeUmbraeques has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Umbraeques Send a message via Yahoo to Umbraeques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryffe View Post
As far as RP in eq, man I just wish I could be as evil as I want my SK to be. I'm tired of saving the world, why can't we be the bad guys and kill the humans?
Shame its just not that immersive. You pretty much have to follow the set route to really get anywhere. You could go rampage around freeport or whatever, its just not productive.

We have plenty of youth. What we need is a fountain of smart.
Umbraeques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:27 PM   #10
asinann
Banned

asinann has much to be proud ofasinann has much to be proud ofasinann has much to be proud ofasinann has much to be proud ofasinann has much to be proud ofasinann has much to be proud ofasinann has much to be proud ofasinann has much to be proud ofasinann has much to be proud ofasinann has much to be proud ofasinann has much to be proud of

Wouldn't a fallen paladin just be free game for the rest of them?
asinann is offline   Reply With Quote