Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Class Balance Suggestions

Class Balance Suggestions Place your suggestions for Shadow Knight/EverQuest enhancements here.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:32 PM   #71
Twinkeltoes
AC > Sex

Twinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud of

read the the whole context and you might realize that I was not asking for more dps, I was stating that we are better dps than the other tank classes which is something to be said about. People are saying we don't bring something else to the raid, we bring additional dps that other tank classes don't bring. Can other classes out dps us, yes, they're suppose to. But they can't tank if needed. With us we get decent dps, and back up tank if things start to go wrong.

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools"
Twinkeltoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:34 PM   #72
shiftie
No one man should have all that power

shiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkeltoes View Post
read the the whole context and you might realize that I was not asking for more dps, I was stating that we are better dps than the other tank classes which is something to be said about. People are saying we don't bring something else to the raid, we bring additional dps that other tank classes don't bring. Can other classes out dps us, yes, they're suppose to. But they can't tank if needed. With us we get decent dps, and back up tank if things start to go wrong.
I think you think he misunderstood your thinking.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #73
Twinkeltoes
AC > Sex

Twinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud ofTwinkeltoes has much to be proud of

I try not to think, it tends to hurt my head

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools"
Twinkeltoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:55 AM   #74
Slein Jinn
Opener of Tightly Closed Jars

Slein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud of

So things got unexpectedly more chaotic before the move for a while. A few days before I was moving across the planet, my mother was moving across town, and I said I'd help her since I was to still be in town. You'd think that'd be a comparatively simple endeavour. It took four fucking days and interrupted my own preparations. My gods that woman has a lot of shit. I've now been in Poland for a week, and I've finally got an internet connection at my flat and am pretty well settled in generally. So I'm now able to put a bit of time back into addressing this stuff; I won't have a ton of free time since I'm back to work, but I'll get the polls up soon as promised. If you have any more ideas to contribute to the discourse, get them posted sooner than later. It's a bit too early to say for sure, but I may not be in a great position to get too stuck in during the next beta, but whether it's me or someone else, we really do want to have clearly articulated proposals ready to go to the devs, and we need everyone to get behind them and present a unified voice. Here's how I envisage the next steps proceeding. The next step is to take votes on the two previously identified key areas. I haven't decided for certain exactly what voting process to employ (feedback welcome), but I'm leaning toward IRV; could also maybe be approval voting or a true runoff (political science debate: GO!). Either way, I'm looking at narrowing the lists to roughly three items each; there's no need to narrow them down to a "winner", but we do need to have a narrower set of goals. After we've got the reduced set of proposals, each will get its own thread where the community can work to hash out the details, play with numbers, discuss potential uses, anticipate abuses, etc. The final step would be to then compile the results of those threads into one "this is what SK's want" thread or post.

Slightly cynical, somewhat jaded, and very bitter.

If you can't set a good example, you'll have to settle for being a horrible warning.
- Catherine the Great

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

Duke Slein Jinn
Scourge Knight on E'ci

Stand Up for the Champions!
Slein Jinn is offline   Reply With Quote