Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Class Balance Suggestions

Class Balance Suggestions Place your suggestions for Shadow Knight/EverQuest enhancements here.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #11
Slein Jinn
Opener of Tightly Closed Jars

Slein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Well TBH, I didn't vote and rank based on the likelihood of getting the ability. I voted based on whether *I* ever thought about wanting it before, whether I would use it, or whether I thought it'd be useful [to me].
Well the spirit of the exercise would be to vote for the items that you think will best address the stated issue. If you're voting with an eye to some other purpose, then you're undermining the class as a whole.

Slightly cynical, somewhat jaded, and very bitter.

If you can't set a good example, you'll have to settle for being a horrible warning.
- Catherine the Great

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

Duke Slein Jinn
Scourge Knight on E'ci

Stand Up for the Champions!
Slein Jinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:34 AM   #12
flatchy
I got my AA the old fashioned way I earned em

flatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond repute

/em shakes his head

12 level 110
toons, who do I want to be today???
flatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #13
Croak

Croak is a name known to allCroak is a name known to allCroak is a name known to allCroak is a name known to allCroak is a name known to allCroak is a name known to allCroak is a name known to allCroak is a name known to allCroak is a name known to allCroak is a name known to allCroak is a name known to all

I haven't voted because 1. I don't raid 2. I don't think DPS is our role You didn't include an option in the poll that DPS shouldn't be an SK focus for raids and we want something more creative/unique.
Croak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #14
Slein Jinn

Slein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud of

We already had a poll for that. This option had ~84.5% support from the community. We're trying to establish a consensus and speak with one voice, not fragment the community.

If you can't set a good example, you'll have to settle for being a horrible warning.
- Catherine the Great

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

Duke Slein Jinn
Scourge Knight on E'ci

Old 10-27-2012, 04:38 AM   #15
Croak

Croak is a name known to allCroak is a name known to allCroak is a name known to allCroak is a name known to allCroak is a name known to allCroak is a name known to allCroak is a name known to allCroak is a name known to allCroak is a name known to allCroak is a name known to allCroak is a name known to all

Taking into account a typical grp tanking lineup of spells 3 taps 3 dots 1 spike Which of the suggestions will result in total DPS neutral (no gain)? Any gain in DPS will have a negative on other requests. A change in delivery that is DPS neutral, say with DoTs means we should also request their base damage be reduced. Or is the DPS delivery meant to also boost DPS in all situations?
Old 10-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #16
Gankorfroaks

Gankorfroaks has a reputation beyond reputeGankorfroaks has a reputation beyond reputeGankorfroaks has a reputation beyond reputeGankorfroaks has a reputation beyond reputeGankorfroaks has a reputation beyond reputeGankorfroaks has a reputation beyond reputeGankorfroaks has a reputation beyond reputeGankorfroaks has a reputation beyond reputeGankorfroaks has a reputation beyond reputeGankorfroaks has a reputation beyond reputeGankorfroaks has a reputation beyond repute

Improvements to enhance nukes, and/or melee. No DoT stuff for raiders please, unless they decide to up the debuff slots.
Gankorfroaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #17
Slein Jinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gankorfroaks View Post
Improvements to enhance nukes, and/or melee. No DoT stuff for raiders please, unless they decide to up the debuff slots.
There is literally absolutely zero chance that SK's will move away from DoT's entirely. And in reality most guilds aren't carrying such necro-heavy rosters that other classes can't use DoT's at all--some are, yes, and it really does need to be addressed, but it's not so much a class issue as a general game mechanics issue and so needs to be handled separately--so there is room to work within the use of DoT's for SK's. If you try to bandaid the debuff limit issue with class changes, you'll end up getting nothing instead.

- Catherine the Great

- Mark Twain

Duke Slein Jinn
Scourge Knight on E'ci

Old 10-31-2012, 10:07 AM   #18
Gankorfroaks

Gankorfroaks has a reputation beyond reputeGankorfroaks has a reputation beyond reputeGankorfroaks has a reputation beyond reputeGankorfroaks has a reputation beyond reputeGankorfroaks has a reputation beyond reputeGankorfroaks has a reputation beyond reputeGankorfroaks has a reputation beyond reputeGankorfroaks has a reputation beyond reputeGankorfroaks has a reputation beyond reputeGankorfroaks has a reputation beyond reputeGankorfroaks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slein Jinn View Post
There is literally absolutely zero chance that SK's will move away from DoT's entirely. And in reality most guilds aren't carrying such necro-heavy rosters that other classes can't use DoT's at all--some are, yes, and it really does need to be addressed, but it's not so much a class issue as a general game mechanics issue and so needs to be handled separately--so there is room to work within the use of DoT's for SK's. If you try to bandaid the debuff limit issue with class changes, you'll end up getting nothing instead.
Oh I agree. Problem is, the devs (at least as far as I can tell), don't seem to be willing to up the debuff slots for some reason.. I REALLY hope they do, but as it stands now, if you have 3 necros + necessary debuffs on the mob, it's near full. Add another necro and it's more than full, stuff starts bouncing. Either way, another DPS tool would be nice.
Gankorfroaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:15 PM   #19
Slein Jinn

If we had Funeral Pyre and either the twincast nuke or Gift of Deathly Resolve, we'd only have four-ish DoT's in our burn lineup, and we'd be easily positioned above the druids, beastlords, etc. for use of debuff slots. That's honestly the very best we can hope for with that issue from a class design standpoint, and it's also a position we should be very happy with.

- Catherine the Great

- Mark Twain

Duke Slein Jinn
Scourge Knight on E'ci