Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Class Balance Suggestions

Class Balance Suggestions Place your suggestions for Shadow Knight/EverQuest enhancements here.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
Golgi
the sky has fallen 12,000 times and counting

Golgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud of
Default 2013 New AA Discussion: Call of the Forsaken

Rolling over last years thread/discussions subtracting what we got: DPS * Gift of Deathly Resolve style activated AA. * Funeral Pyre style activated AA. * A new Direct Damage spell line with no/shorter reuse tuned such that it would out-compete our older/weaker DoT's for casting opportunities. * A spell-based swarm pet. This could also quite naturally serve as an offensive spell to use with Gift of Magic procs in more sustained DPS contexts, which is something SK's don't really have a clear example of at the moment. * A nuke with a recourse that twincasts the next DoT spell cast along the lines of this proposal. Draws inspiration from the Paladin Glorious line of nukes, which twincasts the next heal spell cast. -innate crippling blows from the rear of a mob -spell damage version of visage of death, shared timer with VoD -bash disc, proc, or haste -self mana flare -DoT duration increase disc Hate -beam-AE hate -totem that AEs fear, hate, or pull effect -viral hate DoT Tanking * An immunity discipline for Stun or Charm or the like. Though tanking-related, this really serves more of a utility role in that it creates a reason to want SK's in your raid for certain events without affecting broader tank balance. (Compare: Fearless AA circa PoTime.) -rune-proc off lifetaps -reverse leechcurse (incoming melee heals the user) -riposte toggle ability (or ability to suppress) -un-capped defensive disc Utility * A short-duration debuff similar in concept to Calanin's Synergy. This could be incorporated into the next iteration of the fledgling Gouging Blade line. The debuff should benefit a variety of classes and last just 1-2 ticks; possible effects might include a substantial bonus to Bash and Kick (not Flying Kick et al.) damage taken. * A revamp/revival of the Torrent lines along the lines of this proposal. * A group effect with a proc-on-cast effect (maybe 15-35% chance to fire) that provides a large boost to the next 1-3 spells cast. Said boost could take the form of a substantial Increase Spell Damage modifier (likely in the neighbourhood of 80-100%) or a forced crit (Increase Chance to Critical Nuke by 10000%). Alternatively, this could take the form of augmenting healing spells rather than damage spells. * A group spell reflect akin to this proposal. Could consider alternatively using the "Block Next Spell" mechanic seen in Puratus. * A "bite" style proc, possibly coming in the form of our next BP click. Use of a high procrate modifier and a hit counter would enable it to deliver a set amount of mana and healing to the group over a short period of time.Defensive version could modify parry or dodge chance, perhaps drawing inspiration from something like what's proposed here. -class or archetype specific mod2 cap increasers -AE Lifetap DoT -debuff procs off DoTs by resist: poison dots proc atk debuff, disease DoTs proc ac debuff, etc -pet leech and/or lifetap procs -invis/IVU combo -call to corpse -short duration large weapon proc modifier
There is 1 player in Nagafen's Lair
Golgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #2
Kelefane
[RETIRED]

Kelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond repute

I copy/pasted this list in that Elidroth thread over there on EQLive. I did the same thing during the start of RoF Beta too.
Kelefane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
sojero
title, custom

sojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond repute

I think a repost toggle on off AA would be nice for all the tank classes. Makes sense in the fact that if I don't want to repost someone, I will just parry them, it is a conscious choice. Also maybe some more bloodthirsty blade ranks. Our dps from 2h and 1h isn't that different, and it should be separated more, and bloodthirsty blade adds set amounts and is controllable. More ranks of scourge skin, small gains but still something AA to make taunt no fail, or at least way up the chance of success, maybe 10 ranks at 10% per rank, last rank no fail. AA to sap life from the group, maybe 5% from each group member to give to us, use able every 5 mins
sojero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #4
Golgi
the sky has fallen 12,000 times and counting

Golgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojero View Post
I think a repost toggle on off AA would be nice for all the tank classes. Makes sense in the fact that if I don't want to repost someone, I will just parry them, it is a conscious choice.
This goes directly against you and Kelefane's argument about DS damage to kite/no-dmg mobs in the other thread. Which is it?
There is 1 player in Nagafen's Lair
Golgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #5
sojero
title, custom

sojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond repute

reposts are only from the front where DS is from any angle, much more situational than a DS. When figting Tormax or any mob such as that, if you have to step in real fast it may be better for you to click that then to do a band to alex or trophy, whatever you have for non dmg tanking, also you can still repost while using deflective, where a DS isn't an issue at that time. I don't like having my bando screen up, and i forget a lot to change it when I get new gear, so a toggle off repost for 1 min aa would be better for me, usually by then the tank group is able to get rezed rebuffed and back on it.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #6
Slein Jinn
Opener of Tightly Closed Jars

Slein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
AA to make taunt no fail, or at least way up the chance of success, maybe 10 ranks at 10% per rank, last rank no fail.
Never going to happen. The tank classes already have other AA lines for that on much more sane timers for that kind of power.
Quote:
reposts are only from the front where DS is from any angle, much more situational than a DS. When figting Tormax or any mob such as that, if you have to step in real fast it may be better for you to click that then to do a band to alex or trophy, whatever you have for non dmg tanking, also you can still repost while using deflective, where a DS isn't an issue at that time. I don't like having my bando screen up, and i forget a lot to change it when I get new gear, so a toggle off repost for 1 min aa would be better for me, usually by then the tank group is able to get rezed rebuffed and back on it.
Holy jumping fuckballs, did you just argue for a completely redundant ability on the basis of your being simply too fucking terrible to utilise the functionality that already accomplishes exactly what you're requesting?

Slightly cynical, somewhat jaded, and very bitter.

If you can't set a good example, you'll have to settle for being a horrible warning.
- Catherine the Great

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

Duke Slein Jinn
Scourge Knight on E'ci

Stand Up for the Champions!
Slein Jinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #7
Viltaire

Viltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond repute

You don't need a toggle ability for riposte. You can always make a hotkey for your no damage bandolier setup which means you don't have to have your bandolier open. Secondly it takes 30 seconds to fix your bandolier after receiving an upgrade. Forgetting to do so is no excuse for a toggle on riposte. Judging by some of the requests being posted in the thread in the veterans forum, our list seems tame by comparison.

"Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Viltaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #8
sojero
title, custom

and yes since we are not getting many or much power upgrades functionality ease is what I'm going for, and its a thought that others have already put out there I was just expanding on it. So you can take your holy fucking jumping balls or whatever and spin on them. Try and add or STFU. Thanks, I'm trying to give reasonable feedback to others, and help flesh out ideas, if something i say gives a thought to someone else, that's a good thing, if not, then don't worry about it.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:55 PM   #9
Tearsin Rain
your joy is my low

Tearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viltaire View Post
Secondly it takes 30 seconds to fix your bandolier after receiving an upgrade.
what the hell kind of narcoleptic head-trauma victim would take 30 seconds to press 1 shortcut to open the bandolier window, click 'add', and type '1h'? if it takes you more than 10 seconds, you're officially mentally deficient.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #10
Viltaire

Viltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond reputeViltaire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearsin Rain View Post
what the hell kind of narcoleptic head-trauma victim would take 30 seconds to press 1 shortcut to open the bandolier window, click 'add', and type '1h'? if it takes you more than 10 seconds, you're officially mentally deficient.
It doesn't take me personally that long. I'm merely pointing out forgetting to fix your bandolier is no reason to ask for an aa that isn't needed. I believe you already know I'm not mentally deficient and if you actually think otherwise then I'd say it's due to your own smug sense of self-importance. You have seen some of our guild members. I'm positive a few of them don't even know a bandolier exists.

"Hope is the worst of evils, for it prolongs the torment of man" - Friedrich Nietzsche
Viltaire is offline   Reply With Quote