Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Class Balance Suggestions

Class Balance Suggestions Place your suggestions for Shadow Knight/EverQuest enhancements here.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:39 AM   #1
Ashigaru

Ashigaru is just really niceAshigaru is just really niceAshigaru is just really niceAshigaru is just really niceAshigaru is just really niceAshigaru is just really niceAshigaru is just really niceAshigaru is just really niceAshigaru is just really niceAshigaru is just really niceAshigaru is just really nice
Default Shadowknight Class Development - How's it going?

So, Slein had started a great piece of work around Developing the SK class, focusing our DPS and getting us a raid role. Just wondered how that's going? That plan was, I think, to summarise it into a post of "this is what we want and believe is reasonable"? Elidroth has posted that he will be scheduling the AA chats soon http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/in...hats-info.184/ ... it would be more effective if we could all point in the same direction, rather than risk arguing with each other and achieving nothing
Ashigaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 04:12 AM   #2
Slein Jinn
Opener of Tightly Closed Jars

Slein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud of

Well, I've just changed jobs (and continents) and so I've been a bit short on free time recently. And I didn't get my desktop up and fully operational and connected to the internet until like Tuesday. So I haven't had a ton of time to work on it recently (as I cautioned might happen at the outset). Since it seems like we've come up with all of the ideas that we're going to come up with at this point, my plan was to try to get the polls up on Saturday to try to narrow our list to roughly three requests from each of the two targeted areas. After that we can spend any remaining time trying to refine and fine-tune the proposals on our final list. I will try to continue running point on all of that, and I will participate in the Beta process as much as I can, but we may need another person to step up and liaise with Elidroth. I have no idea as of this moment whether I'll be able to participate in the IRC chats or anything (I'll try, but I can't promise anything), and I've never been great at being patient with the teeming masses on the SOE Live forums anyway. Hopefully, by that point, there won't be too much left for anyone to do, though; we should have a fairly detailed proposal to bring to the table, and hopefully we can keep our voices unified in support of it rather than fracturing off to lobby for our own personal priorities. Let's go ahead and say that this is your final warning if you have any last-minute suggestions to add to the list or anything you want clarified about the existing suggestions before I get the polls posted.

Slightly cynical, somewhat jaded, and very bitter.

If you can't set a good example, you'll have to settle for being a horrible warning.
- Catherine the Great

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

Duke Slein Jinn
Scourge Knight on E'ci

Stand Up for the Champions!
Slein Jinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
shiftie
No one man should have all that power

shiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slein Jinn View Post
Well, I've just changed jobs (and continents) and so I've been a bit short on free time recently. And I didn't get my desktop up and fully operational and connected to the internet until like Tuesday. So I haven't had a ton of time to work on it recently (as I cautioned might happen at the outset). Since it seems like we've come up with all of the ideas that we're going to come up with at this point, my plan was to try to get the polls up on Saturday to try to narrow our list to roughly three requests from each of the two targeted areas. After that we can spend any remaining time trying to refine and fine-tune the proposals on our final list. I will try to continue running point on all of that, and I will participate in the Beta process as much as I can, but we may need another person to step up and liaise with Elidroth. I have no idea as of this moment whether I'll be able to participate in the IRC chats or anything (I'll try, but I can't promise anything), and I've never been great at being patient with the teeming masses on the SOE Live forums anyway. Hopefully, by that point, there won't be too much left for anyone to do, though; we should have a fairly detailed proposal to bring to the table, and hopefully we can keep our voices unified in support of it rather than fracturing off to lobby for our own personal priorities. Let's go ahead and say that this is your final warning if you have any last-minute suggestions to add to the list or anything you want clarified about the existing suggestions before I get the polls posted.
If you have an idea for a spell beneficial or detrimental I recommend looking up spells that have a similar effect with spell ID etc. It might also be beneficial to name some of the stuff to save elidroth work down the road. If you can eliminate some of the workload he has to do with data base searching he might appreciate it. I don't know for a fact that he liked the way the paladins presented the data other than him calling us organized. I personally think that it helps smooth out the process.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #4
Slein Jinn
Opener of Tightly Closed Jars

Slein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud of

I agree. That's something to work on after the lists are narrowed, though.

Slightly cynical, somewhat jaded, and very bitter.

If you can't set a good example, you'll have to settle for being a horrible warning.
- Catherine the Great

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

Duke Slein Jinn
Scourge Knight on E'ci

Stand Up for the Champions!
Slein Jinn is offline   Reply With Quote