Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Class Balance Suggestions

Class Balance Suggestions Place your suggestions for Shadow Knight/EverQuest enhancements here.

Old 10-15-2012, 04:06 PM   #1
Weaklink

Weaklink is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Group HP buff

I always wondered why the SK never got a group HP buff like the other hybrid melee classes did. The other hybrid melee classes buffs are about Hp's and Atk so what about a buff that has Hp's and mana regen, I am sure most of the casters in a raid would love to wear a buff like this?
Weaklink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
Slein Jinn
Opener of Tightly Closed Jars

Slein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud ofSlein Jinn has much to be proud of

HP and mana regen already pretty much have a buff line on every available stacking slot. An ability like what you propose would have to essentially replace some other ability that already exists. So it'd be a hell of a long-shot to shoot for even if it were worth the trouble. But one long-duration buff does not make a raid role, or even have much of an impact on one, so it wouldn't really be worth the trouble to pursue over more dynamic options, anyway.

Slightly cynical, somewhat jaded, and very bitter.

If you can't set a good example, you'll have to settle for being a horrible warning.
- Catherine the Great

It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
- Mark Twain

Duke Slein Jinn
Scourge Knight on E'ci

Stand Up for the Champions!
Slein Jinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:02 AM   #3
Femfatal

Femfatal is just really niceFemfatal is just really niceFemfatal is just really niceFemfatal is just really niceFemfatal is just really niceFemfatal is just really niceFemfatal is just really niceFemfatal is just really niceFemfatal is just really niceFemfatal is just really niceFemfatal is just really nice

I have long thought that if they upgraded the old group taps we have to make them more relevant to modern content. So a big AC tap to reduce the mobs AC and give a boost to the group AC / mitigation. Big mana tap to boost group mana / mana regen with perhaps a damage increase too. Big attack tap to reduce mob dps but boost group DPS. Am sure its been suggested before many times though. For a group buff I would suggest something like a group version of Sholothian Horror is more SK Ah have done some catchup and I can see its in there already.