Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Class Balance Suggestions

Class Balance Suggestions Place your suggestions for Shadow Knight/EverQuest enhancements here.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #11
Kelefane
[RETIRED]

Kelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond repute

The thing about debuffs are, other classes will always be able to debuff a mob better than us. That doesnt exactly make us stand out as having a utility that a raid can live without. These are the reasons that ive always been "meh" when it comes to debuffing mobs. You could make them stack with other classes debuffs, however, with debuff limits on mobs, a lot of guilds would ban us from doing so. At least the smart guilds would. We need our own niche when it comes to a utility and to be honest, it needs to be something new. Now bringing back our Torrents are another story. I'd love to see some major upgrades to our old group AC taps and group attack taps. I'd also love to see a current version of Mental Horror. Let us choose between Mental Horror and Grelleth's Horror.
Kelefane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:56 AM   #12
Astehroth

Astehroth can only hope to improveAstehroth can only hope to improve

MGB Leechcurse AA.
Astehroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:18 PM   #13
Shaitan

Shaitan is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't see SKs as being a "beneficial" type class other than the raid is damn lucky to have us there to wtfpwn everything that moves! However, that being said the only thing I can think of is transferrance of a core ability. We are exceptional at hate generation so maybe a disc or aa that let's us put a "mark of death" on the MT that increases the hatred of whatever they are tanking by 1000 or some insane number for a duration of time. Kinda like a voodoo curse
Old 02-03-2014, 05:07 PM   #14
Kelefane
[RETIRED]

Kelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond repute

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/i...a-time.207309/ AA ideas are up. Go post ideas from this thread that people want. Im banned, I cant post.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:10 PM   #15
Meanie

Meanie is a glorious beacon of lightMeanie is a glorious beacon of lightMeanie is a glorious beacon of lightMeanie is a glorious beacon of lightMeanie is a glorious beacon of lightMeanie is a glorious beacon of lightMeanie is a glorious beacon of lightMeanie is a glorious beacon of lightMeanie is a glorious beacon of lightMeanie is a glorious beacon of lightMeanie is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astehroth View Post
MGB Leechcurse AA.
Second this.
Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:23 PM   #16
Kelefane
[RETIRED]

Seriously, someone go post ideas from this thread and others that SKs here want..go copy/paste them into that thread I linked.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:37 AM   #17
Bedavir
Smarter than you.

Bedavir has much to be proud ofBedavir has much to be proud ofBedavir has much to be proud ofBedavir has much to be proud ofBedavir has much to be proud ofBedavir has much to be proud ofBedavir has much to be proud ofBedavir has much to be proud ofBedavir has much to be proud ofBedavir has much to be proud ofBedavir has much to be proud of

I would, but I'm banned for a day :-/

Bedavir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:54 PM   #18
Klotar
Forum told me to set a custom title so I did

Klotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Klotar Send a message via MSN to Klotar Send a message via Yahoo to Klotar

Still at the top of my list: - insta-cast terrors - my semi-annual futile/obligatory leech aura request - further ranks in our self cure AA, cure more than poison/disease, reduce timer - HT does not do the dmg relative to say, Wizards (just an example), that merits us saving it for a burn. No, we aren't a dps class, and never were, but iirc, a HT (before it was split to DD/dot) could outdamage a Wiz for that one nuke. Our downside was that we could only do that once every 72 mins. I don't mean dmg relative to mob hp, everyone is falling behind there and not much can be done, I just mean that even doing 300k in a half minute is... not so hot. In the past, Eli said no way will HT timer be shortened to say 10 mins, but even that wouldn't be OP these days...
Klotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:51 PM   #19
Kelefane
[RETIRED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klotar View Post
Still at the top of my list: - insta-cast terrors - my semi-annual futile/obligatory leech aura request - further ranks in our self cure AA, cure more than poison/disease, reduce timer - HT does not do the dmg relative to say, Wizards (just an example), that merits us saving it for a burn. No, we aren't a dps class, and never were, but iirc, a HT (before it was split to DD/dot) could outdamage a Wiz for that one nuke. Our downside was that we could only do that once every 72 mins. I don't mean dmg relative to mob hp, everyone is falling behind there and not much can be done, I just mean that even doing 300k in a half minute is... not so hot. In the past, Eli said no way will HT timer be shortened to say 10 mins, but even that wouldn't be OP these days...
go post these ideas and other things in this thread and forum in that link I posted.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:19 PM   #20
Graytis

Graytis has a reputation beyond reputeGraytis has a reputation beyond reputeGraytis has a reputation beyond reputeGraytis has a reputation beyond reputeGraytis has a reputation beyond reputeGraytis has a reputation beyond reputeGraytis has a reputation beyond reputeGraytis has a reputation beyond reputeGraytis has a reputation beyond reputeGraytis has a reputation beyond reputeGraytis has a reputation beyond repute

In light of potential game changes posted today, I wouldn't mind an AA line that enables riposte-based lifetap-from-melee abilities to take effect on increasing numbers of non-targeted mobs for increasing ranks, or with increasing effectiveness... you know, since these abilities will soon be reduced to zero. An extra mob-per-rank up to whatever mob limit is appropriate, for example, or perhaps riposte-taps on non-targeted mobs hitting for 10, 20, and 30% effectiveness could be appropriate and within the scope of the swarming nerf. I'd prefer the former. *edit* ehhh... guess this has been rendered moot, now.