Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Class Balance Suggestions

Class Balance Suggestions Place your suggestions for Shadow Knight/EverQuest enhancements here.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
Golgi
the sky has fallen 12,000 times and counting

Golgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud of
Default Consolidation Proposal

It has been announced that the focus at the moment (leading into the expansion) for Spells and AAs is "convenience and consolidation". In that light, I have come up with a preliminary list of such changes: ===== Spells: move damage shield from Cloak/Drape line to Ghoul Skin/Zombie Skin line (at all levels) and change it all to slot 6 DS -hp/ac buff shouldn't be tied to DS which is sometimes not wanted -everything will stack with tunare belt clicky once again Double the damage on, or scrap going forward (they are worse damage than 3+ expansion old DoTs, and we have a great AA snare): -smoldering darkness -bond DoT possible grouping of self-buffs for autocast/unity style buffs: -Call of Gloomhaze + Falhotep's Covenant -Drape of the Fallen + Zombie Skin -Shroud of the Darksworn + Grelleth's Horror Spell corpse summon needs a revamp. It's fairly pointless nowadays anyway, but it certainly does not need to have it's own new spell every level cap raise. -Currently 9 different spells in our spell book. -Make it 3 spells --level 1 spell - max lvl35 corpse - black ceremonial coffin --level 30 spell - max level 70 corpse - jade inlaid coffin --level 60 spell - no max level corpse - tiny jade inlaid coffin Also, is there any use for Terminal Breath? ===== AAs: Merge Ragged Bite of Agony and Viscious Bite of Chaos into one ability. Merge Destructive Cascade and Vengeful Spirits into one line. Merge Death's Fury and Death's Revenge and Companion's Fury into one line. Merge Death Peace and Improved Death Peace into one line. Merge Explosion of Spite and Improved Explosion of Spite into one line. Merge Explosion of Hatred and Improved Explosion of Hatred into one line. Merge Leech Touch and Consumption of the Soul into one line. Also, I feel like Bony Grasp of Death could be tacked onto Encroaching darkness, or maybe even Helix of the Undying. And, something can probably be done to Harmtouch/Leechtouch/Soultouch. ===== I'm not sure if a UI change is coming alongside this push for convenience and consolidation, but nesting the abilities in the AA window would be infinitely more intuitive:
Code:
Encroaching Darkness - 0/1 -Extended Encroaching Darkness - 0/3 -Hastened Encroaching Darkness - 0/1 -Quickened Encroaching Darkness - 0/2 Fear Resistance - 0/3 -Fearless - 0/1 Fundament of Power - 0/9 -First Spire of the Reavers - 0/3 --Second Spire of the Reavers - 0/3 ---Third Spire of the Reavers - 0/3
There is 1 player in Nagafen's Lair
Golgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:42 AM   #2
Tearsin Rain
your joy is my low

Tearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgi View Post
remove damage shield from Cloak/Drape line, move to Ghoul Skin/Zombie Skin line (at all levels)
disagree entirely unless AC is added to ghoul skin, as this would be a DS or AC loss due to conflict with tunare belt.
Quote:
merge lich and attack conversion buffs
disagree entirely, as this would make it impossible for us to have enc mana regen and self atk buff.
Quote:
attack portion would have to move from slot 2 to another slot, but we have lots of open slots for attack. could go anywhere that doesn't conflict with general targetable group buffs and self clickies.
there's basically no place it could go in our current lineup that wouldn't cause it to interfere with the times one may want predator for the double attack bonus.
Quote:
-smoldering darkness -bond DoT
no objections here.
Quote:
Merge Ragged Bite of Agony and Viscious Bite of Chaos into one ability.
and would that have the longer Agony timer, or the shorter Ragged timer?
Quote:
Merge Death Peace and Improved Death Peace into one line. Merge Explosion of Spite and Improved Explosion of SPite into one line. Merge Explosion of Hatred and Improved Explosion of Hatred into one line.
fairly certain this isn't possible in code due to them having different base cast times.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:17 AM   #3
Kelefane
[RETIRED]

Kelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond repute

Yeaaah, dont mess with our cloak/drape line. Keep that as is. ONE thing i'd love to see consolidated though is our Mental Horror and Grelleth's Horror spell lines. That is a dream of mine to get both of these spells rolled tight into a single spell. I understand that Mental Horror was discontinued after level 65, however, I think this would be a neat way to reintroduce it.
Kelefane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #4
Golgi

Golgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearsin Rain View Post
disagree entirely unless AC is added to ghoul skin, as this would be a DS or AC loss due to conflict with tunare belt.
Good point; though it assumes on merge that the DS takes the slot it was in on ghoul skin and not Drape. If the merged buff was DS on slot 6 there is no issue, and in fact opens up stacking for all three spells involved.
Quote:
disagree entirely, as this would make it impossible for us to have enc mana regen and self atk buff.
Yup, I spaced on that. Though I would still be alright with it, if it was cast as both buffs from the same spell. We could probably roll up several of our self buffs like that (unity style).
Quote:
and would that have the longer Agony timer, or the shorter Ragged timer?
Both these AA bites are 60sec recast.
Quote:
fairly certain this isn't possible in code due to them having different base cast times.
Sure it is. Rank1 - 1.0s cast, Rank2 - 0.5s, Rank3 - Instant cast. There are several AAs that do this already. Bobbing corpse for one.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #5
Klotar
Forum told me to set a custom title so I did

Klotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud ofKlotar has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Klotar Send a message via MSN to Klotar Send a message via Yahoo to Klotar

Actually, I would like to see the DS removed from Drape too; provided Drape + Zombie = same DS total as now; mainly for NDT. Irks me to lose 122 ac /1055 hp to get rid of the DS (e.g. on Tormax). +1 for the Mental Horror combo, loved that spell back then (especially on the day that it was broken)
Old 08-06-2013, 07:39 PM   #6
Tearsin Rain
your joy is my low

Tearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golgi View Post
Both these AA bites are 60sec recast.
thank you for the correction, for some crackhead reason when i wrote that post i was thinking Ragged Bite was 45s
Old 08-06-2013, 11:04 PM   #7
Vezax
I need to set a custom title

Vezax has a reputation beyond reputeVezax has a reputation beyond reputeVezax has a reputation beyond reputeVezax has a reputation beyond reputeVezax has a reputation beyond reputeVezax has a reputation beyond reputeVezax has a reputation beyond reputeVezax has a reputation beyond reputeVezax has a reputation beyond reputeVezax has a reputation beyond reputeVezax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelefane View Post
Yeaaah, dont mess with our cloak/drape line. Keep that as is. ONE thing i'd love to see consolidated though is our Mental Horror and Grelleth's Horror spell lines. That is a dream of mine to get both of these spells rolled tight into a single spell. I understand that Mental Horror was discontinued after level 65, however, I think this would be a neat way to reintroduce it.
Weird thing to ask but i see youre hung up on mana return procs, are you really hurting for mana that bad? I guess with both aa bites and thought leech i havent really been hurting for mana unless im burning pretty hard.
Vezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #8
Kelefane
[RETIRED]

Kelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vezax View Post
Weird thing to ask but i see youre hung up on mana return procs, are you really hurting for mana that bad? I guess with both aa bites and thought leech i havent really been hurting for mana unless im burning pretty hard.
No im not really hurting for mana unless I am burning, but most raiders arent hurting for mana unless they burn, this would help the groupers more, but why not bring back an old ability anyway? It would be a nice way to reintroduce it. We have far too many spells that were discontinued that could be pretty neat and helpful today if they were upgraded. And regarding our Drape/Cloak line. Why remove the DS? What situations in modern day content call for not having DS or your fucked? Its really a small amount of DS on it anyway. Mobs these days have far too many HP for DS to be a worry. Hell, if kiting is a worry, ive actually HTed a mob before I kited it in this expansion. But if DS is removed, I want something on Drape/Cloak to take its place, like mana regen. So that is something to think about. Dont just remove it and get nothing in return on Drape/Cloak. That to me is nerfing it for no reason. Also, how will we even know that we get fair DS gains moved over to the Zombie skin line? I think its a risk of losing some DS in the shuffle. This is something that I just simply do not trust the devs with. To me, this entire situation screams fuck up on the devs part and us inadvertently nerfing ourselves because we asked for it. I say leave it alone. Its a non-issue.
Kelefane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #9
Golgi

Quote:
What situations in modern day content call for not having DS or your fucked?
Heart of Fear final group mission, to name the most obvious, specific, current situation.
Quote:
Also, how will we even know that we get fair DS gains moved over to the Zombie skin line? I think its a risk of losing some DS in the shuffle. This is something that I just simply do not trust the devs with. To me, this entire situation screams fuck up on the devs part and us inadvertently nerfing ourselves because we asked for it.
I understand that you are intentionally insane and unreasonable, but if you could avoid pissing in the Devs' faces *while* we are working with them, that'd be terrific. I say this, because this is the stupidest reasoning to not ask for something while simultaneously insulting the the people we're addressing.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #10
Golgi

Edited spell portion of first post.