Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Class Balance Suggestions

Class Balance Suggestions Place your suggestions for Shadow Knight/EverQuest enhancements here.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #21
sojero
title, custom

sojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe as a consolidation take the last 3 dots from the blood line and plauge line and combine them together to make 2 dots, that would lock out the last 3 spells in that line when cast, so that we could not have these and them loaded. Such as combined blood of XXX that would do (900+1136+1366 = 3402 - 340 = 3062) 3062 damage. I would suggest having a 10% reduction because it is combining. This gives us the ability to have it up while tanking, therefore should have a limiting factor. Can do the same for the plauge spell, ( 2803 - 280 for slot 1, 1942 - 194 for slot 2) to equal slot 1 dmg 2523, and slot 2 (plant) dmg 1748 Then we can take the mana costs and combine and add 5%. This would make it to where you could load all your dps spells up for a burn that you know you will not have to be tanking on or you can load these spells for higher costs, little less damage and be ready to tank if needed. All rk2 spell data used Name dmg/tick Mana cost Blood of Malthiasiss 900 713 Blood of Korum 1136 907 Blood of Ralstok 1366 984 Name dmg/tick Mana cost Plague of Iglum 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 695 per tick 1053 2: Decrease Hitpoints by 463 per tick Plague of Piqiorn 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 943 per tick 1158 2: Decrease Hitpoints by 629 per tick Plague of Klonda 1: Decrease Hitpoints by 1165 per tick 1306 2: Decrease Hitpoints by 777 per tick
sojero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #22
Golgi
the sky has fallen 12,000 times and counting

Golgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojero View Post
-
Rehashing ground covered over the last three years. We have proposed this exact change, and several variations, many times. Response varies but never purely positive. Edit to add: Alternative DPS modes are going to be our best bet (Gift of the quick spear), rather than revamp six years of DoTs.
There is 1 player in Nagafen's Lair
Golgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #23
sojero
title, custom

sojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond repute

I would usually agree, but Eli has stated they do not want to add much in the form of DPS, just small gains. I think this time around since they are in a consolidating mood, it would be beneficial for us to bring this up to the spell dev, and i cannot remember who that is off the top of my head, i know Eli is the AA dev. absor maybe, not much of the rest of the dev community is vocal, and i dont have access to the beta boards where i know the spell dev posted.
sojero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #24
Golgi
the sky has fallen 12,000 times and counting

Golgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud ofGolgi has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojero View Post
I would usually agree, but Eli has stated they do not want to add much in the form of DPS, just small gains. I think this time around since they are in a consolidating mood, it would be beneficial for us to bring this up to the spell dev, and i cannot remember who that is off the top of my head, i know Eli is the AA dev. absor maybe, not much of the rest of the dev community is vocal, and i dont have access to the beta boards where i know the spell dev posted.
Aristo is spells. Absor is not on EQ anymore. It has been brought up to the spell Dev many many times. This is not new. Also, how are we on DPS gains now?
There is 1 player in Nagafen's Lair
Golgi is offline   Reply With Quote