Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Class Balance Suggestions

Class Balance Suggestions Place your suggestions for Shadow Knight/EverQuest enhancements here.

Old 03-27-2014, 01:21 AM   #11
Sebshaik

Sebshaik is a jewel in the roughSebshaik is a jewel in the roughSebshaik is a jewel in the roughSebshaik is a jewel in the roughSebshaik is a jewel in the roughSebshaik is a jewel in the roughSebshaik is a jewel in the roughSebshaik is a jewel in the rough

Pet aggro is not balanced to be in line with that of PC tanks.
Sebshaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 02:41 AM   #12
Denyu

Denyu is a glorious beacon of lightDenyu is a glorious beacon of lightDenyu is a glorious beacon of lightDenyu is a glorious beacon of lightDenyu is a glorious beacon of lightDenyu is a glorious beacon of lightDenyu is a glorious beacon of lightDenyu is a glorious beacon of lightDenyu is a glorious beacon of lightDenyu is a glorious beacon of lightDenyu is a glorious beacon of light

Zarzac, you should probably point out how our spells overall have degraded from the same percentage increase from expansion to expansion since UF (Likely due to swarming) So much so that our 12.5s life tap should be doing Dire tap's damage base, had they kept the trend they should have with the massive hitpoints on gear increase, Dire should also be doubled from its current base with a 24s recast. 1s timer is far outdated and needs to be lowered to .5 Spear of Grelleth generates more aggro than Terror of Poira, both Improves, and Repugnance. Our aggro abilities are not keeping up with DPS aggro generation increases like they used to and frankly need an overhaul. And that our Bond never received the same update that all other HoTs did during VoA and we have zero ability to focus or crit it. I'd much rather we get a fix than something new unless they address all these annoying problems.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:35 PM   #13
Kelefane
[RETIRED]

Kelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denyu View Post
Zarzac, you should probably point out how our spells overall have degraded from the same percentage increase from expansion to expansion since UF (Likely due to swarming) So much so that our 12.5s life tap should be doing Dire tap's damage base, had they kept the trend they should have with the massive hitpoints on gear increase, Dire should also be doubled from its current base with a 24s recast. 1s timer is far outdated and needs to be lowered to .5 Spear of Grelleth generates more aggro than Terror of Poira, both Improves, and Repugnance. Our aggro abilities are not keeping up with DPS aggro generation increases like they used to and frankly need an overhaul. And that our Bond never received the same update that all other HoTs did during VoA and we have zero ability to focus or crit it. I'd much rather we get a fix than something new unless they address all these annoying problems.
^I agree with everything here. Fuck getting new shit, lets get our current stuff fixed since swarming seemed to be effecting us in certain areas of existing abilities. Lets get our Lifetap timers reworked and the power that they heal for upped by a fair margin. Lets get bond to be more powerful. Lets get our spell AE Hate cast times down to 0.5 seconds. Lets get more hate added to our terrors. Now that swarming is out of the equation in the devs eye, I fully 100% expect our class to get some of our existing abilities ramped up in power. So lets make that happen.
Kelefane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:07 AM   #14
zarzac
OK just this one more time

zarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond repute

Do you guys think "Hey swarm is gone now, so make our current abilities more powerful" is going to work? I'm not sure that's our best angle. I'll do the very, very, little I can do to push whatever we want to push. I think however we need something a little stronger than "you took this, so give us this", maybe some numbers or patterns. I looked at max wizzy nuke as compared to terror aggro over the last several years and can show a decreasing % trend there. What other trends can we show with some data?
Old 03-29-2014, 04:14 AM   #15
Kelefane
[RETIRED]

Kelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond repute

Our plain Spell AE Hates (Repugnance/Abhorrence etc) are honestly getting to a point where they are obsolete with their cast times. The cast timers need to be brought down to 0.5. Adds today hit a lot faster and with more accuracy then they did back when the 1.5 cast time was sufficient. 1.5 is just not sufficient anymore in todays EQ. I find myself not being able to channel them anymore in COTF when tanking several mobs/adds at once. Its interrupt, interrupt, interrupt over and over again. It used to not be that bad........................... Its sad when Insidious Deflection, Repugnant Bargain and our AA AE Hates are a lot more efficient than our OG Spell AE Hates. Something just doesnt sit well with me there. I dont want our plain Spell AE Hates to turn into another useless spell line that we never use/mem anymore, and they are headed down that road right now. So get our plain spell AE Hates knocked down to 0.5 cast time like our Terrors are. Get the agro on our Terrors upped by a good margin. Also, our Bond line needs to be upped too. This could be a very USEFUL spell for us if the damage/heal over time on the DoT was higher. 1.5k-2k base damage would work. In fact, make BOND our highest damage DoT................ I also think its time to rework our normal lifetaps outside of the Dire tap. Up the damage/heals on them too to be a lot more closer to Dire. I just feel like our normal lifetaps are due for a bigger increment in damage than the usual small gains we usually get when new spells come out. It just seems like they are not scaling right when compared to other shit other classes get. Also, swarming is out of the equation. So this would be a chance to get them made more powerful anyway to compensate. As far as AAs go.......................... Please do something with Cascading Theft Of Life and Cascading Theft Of Defense. The returns on those are so fucking underwhelming that its pitiful. Change the vie on Theft of Defense to a RUNE instead. Then up the group heal on Theft of Life by a GOOD margin. Both of these AAs, as they are now, are so "meh" that I never even notice them firing. Also, get the proc rate on these upped too.
Kelefane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 10:03 AM   #16
Denyu

Denyu is a glorious beacon of lightDenyu is a glorious beacon of lightDenyu is a glorious beacon of lightDenyu is a glorious beacon of lightDenyu is a glorious beacon of lightDenyu is a glorious beacon of lightDenyu is a glorious beacon of lightDenyu is a glorious beacon of lightDenyu is a glorious beacon of lightDenyu is a glorious beacon of lightDenyu is a glorious beacon of light

Its not so much a "you took this, so I want this" as it is "you've completely neglected this and never adjusted properly aside from an ~18% upgrade between expansions." For Life taps and Bond at least. After SoD and UF, hit points on gear tripled in every slot, so we were left with far less powerful taps, no longer a 100% focus on BPs, and they added .5 seconds to the recast in House of Thule. I'm terrible at math but there's a trend with all of our life taps between 2002-2010, take the base damage and multiply by 15 and that was about our maximum hitpoints for the expansion they were introduced in. Which is quite funny if you look at Urash compared to where it could be if it had scaled with the HP increase. Our main heals shouldn't be healing for under 10% without crits or exceptionals especially if left waiting 12.5 seconds to try it again. As far as aggro goes, our best bet would be AAs and Elidroth, he does much higher numbers than Aristo.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:56 PM   #17
Truklin.

Truklin. is an unknown quantity at this point

This isn't really a need but it would be nice if they combined some of our self buffs into 1 buff. Drape, Shroud, Call, Grelleth's Horror, Zombie Skin, If we could get a modern version of Remorseless Demeanor thrown in too that would be awesome. That or give us some more buff slot aa's...having to remove clickies to fit burns in when raid buffed is getting pretty old.
Truklin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:09 PM   #18
Lookin_vox_png

Lookin_vox_png is a glorious beacon of lightLookin_vox_png is a glorious beacon of lightLookin_vox_png is a glorious beacon of lightLookin_vox_png is a glorious beacon of lightLookin_vox_png is a glorious beacon of lightLookin_vox_png is a glorious beacon of lightLookin_vox_png is a glorious beacon of lightLookin_vox_png is a glorious beacon of lightLookin_vox_png is a glorious beacon of lightLookin_vox_png is a glorious beacon of lightLookin_vox_png is a glorious beacon of light

We need insidious type spell that is ae targeted, i wouldnt mind a little more control with my lifetap mash key.
Lookin_vox_png is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:57 PM   #19
Villin

Villin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truklin. View Post
If we could get a modern version of Remorseless Demeanor thrown in too that would be awesome.
The trigger of Remorselessness will work on lvl 100 LTs per lucy: http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=10319 Unless I am misreading you and you are hoping for an AA buff of RD? That would be great indeed.
Villin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:44 PM   #20
Truklin.

Truklin. is an unknown quantity at this point

I meant something a little more relevant, 1%-80%(or 100% for rk3) is to low on the bottom end. When you consider how often it procs in a group/raid setting, it's not really worth the buff slot atm. But a passive AA version of it would solve that dilemma as well so either way. If we could also get it bumped to say 80-140% increase in lifetap damage when it procs, it would become a lot more useful. If they added some more counters per proc, bring it up to 5 lifetaps, that would be nice too.
Truklin. is offline   Reply With Quote