Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Class Balance Suggestions

Class Balance Suggestions Place your suggestions for Shadow Knight/EverQuest enhancements here.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:22 AM   #1
zarzac
OK just this one more time

zarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Drape stacking

Made a post over on SOE boards if anyone cares to comment to give it traction. I've brought it up like last 6 betas so thought to try to get it fixed before beta starts. Really bugs me we loose out on around 200ac for no reason.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:50 AM   #2
Xanathol_EGN
Bored

Xanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond reputeXanathol_EGN has a reputation beyond repute

Saw it and completely agree. I'm kinda of waiting for the next beta before pushing for things further - it is apparent that those boards are as bad as ever, with unfounded claims and ridiculousness abound.
Xanathol_EGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 05:51 PM   #3
zarzac

zarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond repute

For those of you much, much smarter than I that don't post look at those boards, I have to share. This is a no shit honest to god pally response. You can't make this stuff up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Dipshit Pally
need to see a list of complete self buffs, clickies, buffs from others, powersource, trophies, stat food
because you know stat food that we can both use has a ton of effect on if we have AC on slot 2 or 3 on our self buff /boggle
Old 04-10-2015, 06:21 PM   #4
Kelefane
[RETIRED]

Kelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond repute

Some things never change. I can't believe this is still an issue. I remember discussing this back in TSS, LOL
Kelefane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 12:31 PM   #5
zarzac

That's what's so irritating, The ranger self buff adds slot 2 AC so clearly they are meant to stack. Either swapping drape to slot 2 or adding AC to zombie skin on slot 2 as Tearsin suggested are easy fixes to a clear oversight they haven't been able get done for years now. I love the "oh but you can spend 20-40 hours camping a clicky to give you 1/2 the benefit" option thrown out there, cause that's how things should be balanced.
Old 04-11-2015, 01:11 PM   #6
Tearsin Rain
your joy is my low

Tearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarzac View Post
Either swapping drape to slot 2 or adding AC to zombie skin on slot 2 as Tearsin suggested are easy fixes to a clear oversight they haven't been able get done for years now.
gotta say yet again, i really don't like the 'drape on slot 2' fix, because that means we can't use the tunare belt/violet conch anymore, and means that we're effectively out AC and a DS whenever we don't have access to a ranger... and personally i just don't care for the idea of making us rely on another buffing class to get something, if for no other reason than for the principle of the thing regarding the independent nature of the class. i know it's largely a quibble but if we're going to holler about it i'd feel much better about supporting some hollering to put AC on zombie skin on slot 2.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:09 PM   #7
zarzac

I would really be good with either fix as vs raid bosses is really moreso where I feel the AC is needed as vs group content I'm rarely seeing over DI 3/4. As rangers can self buff on top of nettle I would agree that adding the AC to Zombie would make more sense, but tbh I don't see Aristo changing either as has hasn't seemed very into evaluating anything a second time that doesn't fall into the all and all outright broken category. But no harm in at least attempting to continue to get things fixed I guess.
Old 04-12-2015, 03:11 AM   #8
Kelefane
[RETIRED]

Kelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond repute

But wouldn't adding the AC to Zombie Skin just give you all a new "must have" buff to juggle around? I was riding the buff bar cap back when I played, especially during raids. It was another reason I preferred the virtue line over the symbol/skin lines. I was honestly having buff limit issues...or was damn close anyway. Raids that dispelled fucked me. Have they upped the buff cap by quite a bit since I retired back in September? If not, I couldn't imagine having another "must have" buff -_- I remember wishing I had around 20 more buff slots toward the end....lol
Kelefane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 01:08 PM   #9
Tearsin Rain
your joy is my low

Tearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud ofTearsin Rain has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelefane View Post
But wouldn't adding the AC to Zombie Skin just give you all a new "must have" buff to juggle around?
not exactly, no. SKs use: 1. drape of the wrathforged - 206 (slot 3) 2. surety or skin/ward (no stacking conflicts either way with anything SKs use) 3. spinecoat/tunare belt 78 (slot 2) pals use: 1. Armor of Formidable Spirit - 170 (slot 2) 2. surety (AoF doesn't stack with skin, so it's either AoF+surety or skin/sym/ward) 3. cloak of nettlespears - 206 (slot 3) if the AC on drape were moved to slot 2, it would mean SKs can no longer use the tunare belt/spinecoat clicky, but can get the ranger Cloak line AC buff. if the AC on drape were left alone but AC on slot 2 was added to zombie skin, it would just mean that SKs no longer have to farm a tunare belt/violet conch because we'd have a self buff with AC on that slot. which is why i prefer the 'add AC to zombie skin' solution, because that way we aren't shifted to needed to get a buff from another class in order to have AC on both slots 2 and 3 - better self sufficiency.