Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Class Balance Suggestions

Class Balance Suggestions Place your suggestions for Shadow Knight/EverQuest enhancements here.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:52 AM   #11
sojero
title, custom

sojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond repute

I am 99% sure we are fucked for this year as they are waiting to do the dot changes and wont give us shit until then. We need to have our lifetaps at a 6 sec or so recast so that we can actually load some dots, as of right now on raids I still wouldnt be able to load much if any dots.
sojero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:39 AM   #12
Xanathol
Administrator

Xanathol has disabled reputation

We need this in reference to Dzarn...

(Help us Dzarn - you are our only hope!)
Xanathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 11:13 AM   #13
sojero
title, custom

sojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond repute

Right now our biggest thing is what you have been ranting about, no crippling or hhe, I think if we were to get an hhe we would be in a decent place. It should be added to visage of death to make it equal to valorous. Pallies have the ability to up their crit rate and valorous modifies that crit damage. We can do all our attacks, so I think adding the hhe to visage would pretty much equal them out, then the dot changes would bring up slightly ahead on non undead, and leave them ahead on undead.

Valorous Rage VIII
9: Increase Critical Damage by 375% with All Skills
12: Hundred Hands Effect
+
Pureforge Discipline Rk. III
1: Increase Chance to Critical Hit by 340% with All Skills
2: Increase Chance to Crippling Blow by 40%
3: Increase Chance to Triple Attack by 50%

vs

Visage of Death VII
1: Add effect: Visage of Death Form
2: Increase All Skills Damage Modifier by 250%
+
Carmine Rage III
1: Increase Spell Damage (2235)
8: Increase All Skills Minimum Damage Modifier by 456%
9: Increase Attack Speed by 68%

Adding hhe would still give the pallies the better 50-90 second burns but in shorter it would be pretty much equal if we burn out ht/lt/tl and anything over 2 mins we would have higher sustain. All this is after the dot changes, and if we could get hhe added to visage or even carmine, but I would want it on visage.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:45 AM   #14
Xanathol
Administrator

I agree that a HHE on Visage would be a good compromise.

Carmine is virtually useless imo:

1. The 68% haste is literally useless 99% of the time.

2. 1500 min damage (from Bloodthirsty Blade, realizing it a tad more) @ 456% @ 2 hits per second is 13,680 dps. For a 20 minute reuse burn ability in today's game, this is practically useless. Double it and it is still vastly underwhelming.

3. 2235 spell damage... less than 5k dps gain iirc?

It is by far the worse 'rage' buff of the tank classes.

I'd be perfectly happy if Visage of Death got a 44% HHE and if Carmine Rage just gave a chance to cripple.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:52 PM   #15
sojero
title, custom

I would stick with just hhe for now, best not to go overboard due to dot revamps, I would rather ease our way up than get nerfed hard, which I do foresee happening to pallies.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:11 PM   #16
Ravengloome

Ravengloome has a spectacular aura aboutRavengloome has a spectacular aura about

Why are paladins going to get nerfed Sojero
Ravengloome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:55 PM   #17
sojero
title, custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravengloome View Post
Why are paladins going to get nerfed Sojero
You know why, but in case you don't because you haven't been playing send me a pm and I can give you some details.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:18 PM   #18
flatchy
I got my AA the old fashioned way I earned em

flatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond repute

Leave the damn snare alone! Christ you raiders are greedy bastards! Damn constantly I have to listen to you all screaming More DPS more DPS! years ago on this very page it wasn't so. It was more ac, better lie taps ETC. Now your screaming for the frosting so you can be up there with the others. Our mantra used to be " just let me survive so the rest of you can do your jobs" Now that you can you want to do theirs too. You wanna know about the group game? ask me. I don't wanna hear from you raiders with your overblown armor. Talk to someone who has to do it with what average Joe wears. Ive done more than fine for a year or two. I don't need faster or more powerful terrors. (WTF are those Ive never memmed one) If the people who play this game is now 90% raiders then fine. Don't think the way you play is the ONLY way. I spect there are more than me out there who isn't like that.

12 level 110
toons, who do I want to be today???
flatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:40 PM   #19
sojero
title, custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatchy View Post
Leave the damn snare alone! Christ you raiders are greedy bastards! Damn constantly I have to listen to you all screaming More DPS more DPS! years ago on this very page it wasn't so. It was more ac, better lie taps ETC. Now your screaming for the frosting so you can be up there with the others. Our mantra used to be " just let me survive so the rest of you can do your jobs" Now that you can you want to do theirs too. You wanna know about the group game? ask me. I don't wanna hear from you raiders with your overblown armor. Talk to someone who has to do it with what average Joe wears. Ive done more than fine for a year or two. I don't need faster or more powerful terrors. (WTF are those Ive never memmed one) If the people who play this game is now 90% raiders then fine. Don't think the way you play is the ONLY way. I spect there are more than me out there who isn't like that.
What benefit does the snare give you? you have aa snare for no dmg, and didnt see any dmg attached to this one.

I use the terrors all the time in the group game. we are also trying to get faster lifetaps etc. Its not all about dps, but that is a part of it too.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:36 PM   #20
Xanathol
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatchy View Post
SKs have always been designed around tanking & damage - that IS our job. The ridiculously passive & self-detrimental approach some had to the class in the past is thankfully no longer heard. That approach is what put the SK class is such a bad spot for so long comapred to other classes. A class should be what it was designed to be, not only part of that design which leads to an unwanted state.

You know full well I am more than aware of the group game. Ironically, you're only looking at the way you play, which is boxing your entire group. That's not really 'the group game' though, which is why you don't see the value in Terrors or relative dps needs.