Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Class Balance Suggestions

Class Balance Suggestions Place your suggestions for Shadow Knight/EverQuest enhancements here.

Old 10-12-2016, 11:23 PM   #21
Kravn
F HILLARY 2016

Kravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond repute

We already have snares out the wazzoo, no need for more TBH. Snare is such low damage it really adds nothing to our arsinal save the fact that mobs wont run away.

Its not that we dont like snares; we do... its just we could really use a more effective tool instead of it at this point.
Old 10-13-2016, 04:49 AM   #22
Drakang
Stupid enough to accept a Guild lead tag

Drakang has much to be proud ofDrakang has much to be proud ofDrakang has much to be proud ofDrakang has much to be proud ofDrakang has much to be proud ofDrakang has much to be proud ofDrakang has much to be proud ofDrakang has much to be proud ofDrakang has much to be proud ofDrakang has much to be proud ofDrakang has much to be proud of

As it is right now Expansive Disruption is extremely overpowered. The fact it can almost instantly be recast lets you spam it. Can massively boost DPS and take down large numbers of mobs fast just spamming that spell. You could not use it near mezzing or near a mob somebody else needs to tank but otherwise its insane atm. Its fun in Beta but they do need to adjust it. Would rather have a real DPS boost to nukes and dots vice spamming one spell.

The power of hate conquers all.
Drakang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 08:35 AM   #23
Xanathol
Administrator

Xanathol has disabled reputation

I'll buy the perma-illlusion AA and play as a fairy the rest of my EQ days if that spell actually stays as-is (not that I want it to, just that there is no way they are done tuning the current cost, cast time, recast).
Xanathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 01:44 PM   #24
Kravn
F HILLARY 2016

Kravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post
I'll buy the perma-illlusion AA and play as a fairy the rest of my EQ days if that spell actually stays as-is (not that I want it to, just that there is no way they are done tuning the current cost, cast time, recast).
Yes, you do want to ~
Old 10-13-2016, 01:46 PM   #25
sojero
title, custom

sojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond repute

They are working on the hybrid spells today, we should see a more tuned version tomorrow I believe.
sojero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 01:54 PM   #26
Xanathol
Administrator

FYI I parsed the current implementation of Expansive Disruption rk 2, realizing that it is not tuned properly, just for grins. It currently comes in for me at ~53k dps per mob. Obviously a recast of some kind will be added as well as a cost but I am most curious to see what that will be. If the cast & recast are too long, its just another bleh ability as I first feared.

Part me is intrigued by the idea of this having a high cost but low cast / recast, ie. a burn ability. Melee got AE burns a few expansions ago; that could be interesting.
Old 10-13-2016, 02:19 PM   #27
sojero
title, custom

sojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post
FYI I parsed the current implementation of Expansive Disruption rk 2, realizing that it is not tuned properly, just for grins. It currently comes in for me at ~53k dps per mob. Obviously a recast of some kind will be added as well as a cost but I am most curious to see what that will be. If the cast & recast are too long, its just another bleh ability as I first feared.

Part me is intrigued by the idea of this having a high cost but low cast / recast, ie. a burn ability. Melee got AE burns a few expansions ago; that could be interesting.
I think it could be great, but last night on the first raid it didnt help me once you got beyond about 4-5 mobs, they would still kill you in a single round. I think it if it had a 1.8 (gcd) and a 1k mana cost it could be useful but not as op as it is now.
Old 10-14-2016, 08:42 AM   #28
sojero
title, custom

Ug we are not getting shit in the spell department so far this year, the broken one is tied to a "you have to get a heal from someone else to trigger" spell. The reflexive is as useless as before. and the alliance, in groups is completely useless and even on raids, you usually split your sk up and are not hitting the same targets.

Depressing at best, hopefully we will get something with the 4th, but honestly if it is in line with these or that snare one, fuck it don't waste our time.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:07 AM   #29
sojero
title, custom

Harmonious Disruption (50107-50109) is a level 103 new Shadowknight ability. It costs 943/981/1020 mana. It has a base duration of 24 seconds. It can be found under Utility Beneficial->Incoming. It is a self buff that trigger-casts Expansive Disruption (50110-50112) on the bearer's target when an incoming single target heal that costs at least 10 mana and heals for at least 5000 HP lands on you.

Expansive Disruption (50110-50112) is a new ability. It costs 10 mana. It reflects Disruptive Recourse (50113-50115) on the caster one time if the spell successfully hits a target. It has no duration. It is not memorized directly. It is a PBAE damage spell that deals 6817/7158/7516 damage and increases hate by 2/3/4%.

Disruptive Recourse (50113-50115) is a new ability. It costs 10 mana. It has no duration. It is not memorized directly. It heals for 11930/12527/13153 HP.

What are the good points of this spell?

What are the bad?

What would you like to see changed if anything?

I like the ae agro, the heal, but hate the ae damage part as we cannot control it. The agro is not enough to pull everything to us unless we are being spam healed. I would rather see the DD part be single target and be doubled. That would make it more useable while tanking adds. I dont want to make suggestions without seeing others viewpoints first.
Old 10-15-2016, 09:40 AM   #30
Xanathol
Administrator

The only one I'm even partially ok is the ae aggro one now that I see what it is. There is a big potential for abuse, however, on the order oh ~50k dps to all mobs in the area. Put a couple SKs together with a few Pallys and AE away. (ie. these spells are poorly thought out)

I have nothing good to say about the rest.

Reflexives have always been worthless - getting a new one in the same frame shows a tremendous lack of awareness (or caring) by Aristo. Drop the reuse to 30 seconds or less to enter the realm of 'ok'.

The alliance idea for everyone is bad out of the gate but especially for classes that there are rarely any real number of on a raid. In an 'expansion' with only 3 spells, having one that is completely worthless solo, in most groups, and even in some raids, is horrible design. At a min, it needs to focus the caster's spells too - they can up the trigger count if they so feel inclined.

Lastly, only 3 spells for us? Some get 5 and we get 3? That's bullshit right there.

Last edited by Xanathol; 10-15-2016 at 10:19 AM.