Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > The Arena

The Arena General forum/Wretched Hive of Scum and Villany

Old 12-06-2020, 10:48 PM   #1
Krazzi

Krazzi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is agro broken?

Sometimes, when i use ageless or acrimony on a mob and then it turns to another tank a few seconds later.

Today i was kiting, casting agro over time and chain casting terrors on an add, and paladins that werent even targeting it took agro.

Our best terror does 19516 and the next is 16263. Another knight standing there procing the 10400 rune from our 1 hander is going to do 20800 agro per proc.

They really need to beef up terrors but paladins would cry. Meanwhile a paladin using a group heal can take agro and still say SK agro is OP. Its annoying.
Krazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 05:04 PM   #2
sojero
title, custom

sojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly we and pallies are at a great spot atm for AE agro, we are virtually identical in AA agro and SK only pulls ahead in AE but have to give up a lot to get there through spell selection. we both have limitations on our AA, targeted, cone, PB so those are pretty much equal. we are also very very similar in single target agro but I think pally pulls ahead there a bit, but again, thats spell selection that they have to choose. War is king of single target and worst by far in ae agro.

I like the fact that they can get AE agro off their valiant line, about half of our ae lifetap, but if you are working with a mezzer, it doesn't wake stuff up, though many of us don't work with mezzers but gives more options.

In the end I find we are almost on equal footing, if you are losing agro to them you need to look at you, I don't lose agro to the best pally in our guild unless I am not trying, and he the same to me, and we both keep it over dps unless they blow something heavy in agro as we tag it, but thats on them. When grouping, playing either my sk or my pally i don't lose agro very often, usually when I forget agro mod or something like that or chain pulls where everything is down, for both classes.

What are you kiting? Ageless only puts you 10k above, which isn't shit now days, and undivided only agro locks + inc hate % and reduces the other peoples agro for a short time doesn't give you any actual hate so if you haven't done something to build agro, you will lose it again when it wears off. You have to follow up with a hates attraction + terror and challenge (or dicho if its up, its huge agro), and maybe another AA agro to make sure you have agro, we have the tools just got to use them, and for the most part, on raids, I find that I can use most of my tools without worrying about things not being up for the next wave as long as you use them quick and mainly know your raid, the speed of what they will spawn stuff is important to skill usage.

quick AA ae breakdown

all on 45 sec recast

one targeted AE, one PB AE, stream is cone
Explosion of Spite/hatred - 20k agro
stream of Spite/hatred - 20k agro

Total of 60k ae agro every 45 seconds

Beacon of the Righteous - recast 90 sec - total 70k agro every 90 seconds
Target: Caster PB
Resist: Magic -130, Max Resist Chance: 10%
Duration: 30s (5 ticks)
Hate: 20000
1: Increase Hate by 1
2: Stun for 3s up to level 118
3: Increase Hate by 10000 per tick

Hallowed Lodestar - recast 90 sec - total 42k agro every 90 seconds
Target: Target AE
Resist: Magic -120, Max Resist Chance: 10%
Duration: 18s (3 ticks)
Hate: 18000
2: Stun for 1s up to level 118
3: Increase Hate by 8000 per tick

Heroic Leap - 10k every 90 seconds

Target: Target AE
Resist: Unresistable
Hate: 10000

pal total (70+42+10)/2 = 61k per 45 seconds

Last edited by sojero; 12-10-2020 at 05:10 PM.
sojero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 09:50 AM   #3
flatchy
I got my AA the old fashioned way I earned em

flatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond repute

According to my ex wives my aggro is working great!

15 level 115
toons, who do I want to be today???
flatchy is offline   Reply With Quote