Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > The Arena

The Arena General forum/Wretched Hive of Scum and Villany

Old 01-22-2017, 03:58 PM   #1
Ikrog
eltit motsuc a tes ot deen I

Ikrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Innate Iksar AC/Mitigation/Evasion Boost

Haven't started research to better understand Mitigation/Evasion and what affects it.

However thanks to Ketruh and Lyquid - we know the answer to the most important AC-related question:
* Do Iksar actually get an AC boost and what is it?

Answer is yes. Iksar get an innate boost of 11 mitigation and 4 evasion.

For a starting level 1 SK:

Human: Mitigation 4, Evasion 25
Iksar: Mitigation 15, Evasion 29
Old 02-01-2017, 09:26 AM   #2
Kravn
F HILLARY 2016

Kravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what the difference is scaled to 105 with equiv AA?
Old 02-01-2017, 03:50 PM   #3
Ikrog

Ikrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond repute

Y'know, never occurred to me it was scaled. I'd assumed a flat bump.

Without beta, difficult to test at 105 due to Heroic AAs and more.

Did a quick test on Test server with level 25 /testbuff'd chars:

Human: 44/239
Iksar: 70/242

Difference
@ level 1: 11/4
@ level 25: 26/3

Dunno what that means.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:57 PM   #4
BastardLunatic
Is a bald rat cunt

BastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond repute

p99 says the bonus is 15 and scales by level. So more than likely means cap of 15 and it's probably like the 15 on armor, so you see it's worn value and you probably have a 15 agi difference between human and iksar moving the math a little more to the iksar
Victory over Frodlin, Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:15 pm.

Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst.
When Nero used Christians as human torches, that was the only time they brought any light into the world.
Mankind will never be free to progress and advance to its destined position as the pre-eminent intelligent species in the galaxy until the last stone from the last church is cast down onto the last priest.
BastardLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 05:46 AM   #5
riou

riou has a reputation beyond reputeriou has a reputation beyond reputeriou has a reputation beyond reputeriou has a reputation beyond reputeriou has a reputation beyond reputeriou has a reputation beyond reputeriou has a reputation beyond reputeriou has a reputation beyond reputeriou has a reputation beyond reputeriou has a reputation beyond reputeriou has a reputation beyond repute

Dzarn listed it as this in the AC mitigation formula thread from like a year ago :P

Quote:
In addition to these class bonuses there is also the bonus for being an Iksar. This was included to help balance the game for Iksars who could not wear plate armor. A time honored tradition that was followed for 2 out of our 21 releases. The Iksar AC bonus is equal to your level with a minimum value of 10 and a maximum value of 35. In equation form:
ACBonus = PlayerLevel
If ACBonus < 10: = 10
If ACBonus > 35: = 35
riou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:38 AM   #6
Ikrog

Excellent, riou - thank you.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/.../#post-3078126

I'd seen this post in the past - but my mind wandered quickly. Love seeing internals but this was just too much for me.