Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > The Arena

The Arena General forum/Wretched Hive of Scum and Villany

Old 04-24-2017, 03:00 PM   #1
Ikrog
eltit motsuc a tes ot deen I

Ikrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Parsing Combat Dummy on Test Server

I am trying to parse healing and receiving damage - however there's some auto-healing mechanic going on in the Arena on Test Server.

I can take off all armor and dial-up the dummy's enough to dish out damage. But:
Quote:
Your wounds are gone. You have been healed for 19220 points.
Nothing I did would prevent this.

Anyone have any indication?

Oh, and Zarzac, hadn't seen your bug on this before. It now has TWO votes for it.
https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-717
Old 04-24-2017, 05:55 PM   #2
zarzac
OK just this one more time

zarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond repute

lol we're on our way ...
Old 04-24-2017, 06:04 PM   #3
zarzac
OK just this one more time

zarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond reputezarzac has a reputation beyond repute

Remove that line from your logs before you parse if you want to not have it used for healing.

For example using notepad++

Click on Search>Replace

Then

Enter in textbox
^.*Your wounds are gone.*$

And then leave Replace line blank

Then hit Replace All

(Note: Be sure Regular expression box is checked)

This will remove all instances of that heal from your logs so you can then run through gamparse or xan's parser whatever you are using.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:37 PM   #4
Ikrog

Ikrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond repute

This wasn't a parsing issue - but an actual healing issue.

I was experimenting to find a way to parse the Merc Healers under various conditions and gear.

For that I needed to actually have damage for them to repair. As it is, the damage is fixed before they can get involved.

I would love for someone to suggest a different way (besides "don't bother").

EDIT: I was using different characters who aren't in the same guild. But I'll just change characters and see if Guild Hall will work for my needs.

Last edited by Ikrog; 04-24-2017 at 07:11 PM.
Ikrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:15 PM   #5
Ravengloome

Ravengloome has a spectacular aura aboutRavengloome has a spectacular aura about

You can turn the auto healing off fyi.

Hail the dummy, it's in the list of [words] I can't remember offhand.
Same thing with unfreezing your buffs and such.
Ravengloome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:21 PM   #6
Ikrog

Default Auto Healing

Multiple people have said this but I have yet to find such a thing.

The closest I have found is "Replenish off" and that does not affect healing.
Freeze buffs, and many attempts at "heal off" type variations

Quote:
Test One Hundred Three says, 'Greetings! I am here to spar with you and have a wide range of functionality for you to utilize at your discretion. You may ask me to [release me] or to [dismiss all] of the sparring partners you may currently be using. You may ask me to turn [attack] [on] or [off]. You may ask me to turn my ability to [replenish] your mana and endurance when you cast spells or use abilities [on] or [off]. You may ask me to [increase] or [decrease] [resists], [mitigation], [melee speed], [offense], [min damage], and [base damage]. You may ask me to [freeze] or [unfreeze] your [buff] duration timers.'
Quote:
You say, 'replenish off'
Test One Hundred Three says, 'Replenish mana and endurance feature disabled.'
Old 04-29-2017, 08:18 PM   #7
Ravengloome

Ravengloome has a spectacular aura aboutRavengloome has a spectacular aura about

Did you try dragging it into the middle of the PVP section

I guess when they revamped them they took out the ability to prevent the HP replenish? It used to say health, mana, and endurance.
Ravengloome is offline   Reply With Quote