Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > The Arena

The Arena General forum/Wretched Hive of Scum and Villany

Old 04-19-2017, 05:03 PM   #1
Ikrog
eltit motsuc a tes ot deen I

Ikrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Patch Notes: April 19, 2017

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/.../#post-3527141

Quote:
Added the ability for level 61 and higher level players to automatically activate basic combat skills (Backstab, Bash, Frenzy, Kick, Tiger Claw, etc) while auto-attacking.
Seems to work. Can't think of a time you'd not want this set, if it's available.

Quote:
Paladin, Shadowknight, Warrior - Reduced the base damage reduction percent of Defensive Proficiency from 30% to 20%.
- Shadowknight - Reduced the damage modifier of rank 17 of Innate Darkblade from 120% to 100%.
No real feel for the true impact of either of these.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:39 PM   #2
Xanathol
Administrator

Xanathol has disabled reputation

From quick glance testing, for us, it is 'just enough' to have an impact and yet not change much. Geared, you can still tank multiples, just not as many as well. DPS, it is certainly parsable (particularly on burn) but not "omg what have you done to us" either. Assuming we get DoT revamps some time in the next 10 years, we should be good.
Xanathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:12 PM   #3
Krazzi

Krazzi is an unknown quantity at this point

- Warrior - Reduced the damage bonus modifier of Two-Handed Proficiency from 110-120% to 80-90%.

Wonder if that is going to nerf our Two-Handed Proficiency too
Krazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:51 PM   #4
Xanathol
Administrator

It does not.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:56 PM   #5
Ikrog
eltit motsuc a tes ot deen I

Ikrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond repute

Guild warrior is claiming an extreme drop in 2h dps from this.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:36 AM   #6
elric

elric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond repute

Aggro is borked on some events.

Also some AE's are now just narsty.

We plowed through them, but what was broke before applies now.

Last edited by elric; 04-20-2017 at 02:41 AM.
elric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:08 AM   #7
sojero
title, custom

sojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond repute

Agro is wonky because of alliances. When they fire, the caster gets a F ton of agro.

My burn dropped by about 150k over 30 seconds, and 100k over 1 min.
sojero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:10 AM   #8
Ravengloome

Ravengloome has a spectacular aura aboutRavengloome has a spectacular aura about

Hey atleast you guys got off light, my max burn got cut in half.

Maybe in 4 years I'll beat my old best burn. RIP dps.
Ravengloome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:18 AM   #9
Xanathol
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojero View Post
My burn dropped by about 150k over 30 seconds, and 100k over 1 min.
Some of that may be because of the crit damage stacking change (glyph & shaman epic). I ran a parse with chanter, beast, and bard and see close to the same. In another parse with just self stuff, it wasn't as bad pre & post nerf, which makes sense as HHE effects, etc, amplify the difference.

I'm a little more concerned (but not very, least for now) about our steady state dps (ie. not cycling any cooldowns) - obviously that affects burn too, but is more or less a root of it. Using Zealot's, hitting lacerating, chaining top 3 taps, dicho, spear and maintaining blood, blight, and bond (cus it was on the spell bar already...) in just a quick parse with pet & autoattack with typical lag pile buffs, I was at about 86% of a warrior with scar, haste, beast focus and battle leap using just autoattack. Now grant it, we have a lot of stuff we can cycle for cooldowns and we're still waiting on DoT changes, but that's not quite right - we should be comfortably ahead but tbh, they are probably still a bit too high (monks were getting worked up over that and the lack of help with recent changes for them). We'll see where DoT changes put us if / when that ever happens.

Last edited by Xanathol; 04-20-2017 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:09 PM   #10
sojero
title, custom

sojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond repute

That was on a burn during raid with no adps support other than auspice. thats all we ever get is mgb stuff, so auspice I dont think our zerkers do warcry on us, at least never noticed it. I will have to ask them if they do and im just missing it.
sojero is offline   Reply With Quote