Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > The Arena

The Arena General forum/Wretched Hive of Scum and Villany

Old 12-22-2016, 07:27 PM   #1
Kelefane
[RETIRED]

Kelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond repute
Default Behind the scenes EQ rumors

Are the behind the scenes rumors true? About them possibly selling off EQ1's IP or some shit in the near future? I heard DBG has switched CEO's and the new one has zero gaming background. I also heard some kind of fire-sale might be coming to DBG titles from forums like MMORPG news and others.

Is asset strip mining coming? Will EQ1 end up in EA, NCSoft, Ubisoft or Activisions hands by some point this next year?

I wonder whats coming? Have any of you heard anything beyond what gets said on the mainstream EQLive forum? Any guesses? Theories? I think its clear that EQ1's future isn't with DBG/Nova/Whoever. Its going to change hands again at some point and it seems to me that might happen soon.

Last edited by Kelefane; 12-22-2016 at 07:36 PM.
Kelefane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:38 PM   #2
elric

elric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond reputeelric has a reputation beyond repute

I've heard the same, believe it when I see it.

That said, I hope whoever ends up with it, keeps it going (hate to think how much time I've invested in this game...).
Old 12-23-2016, 11:34 AM   #3
kassdax
Here's your dam custom title; get off my ass.

kassdax has a reputation beyond reputekassdax has a reputation beyond reputekassdax has a reputation beyond reputekassdax has a reputation beyond reputekassdax has a reputation beyond reputekassdax has a reputation beyond reputekassdax has a reputation beyond reputekassdax has a reputation beyond reputekassdax has a reputation beyond reputekassdax has a reputation beyond reputekassdax has a reputation beyond repute

If and when this does eventually happen I really hope they don't screw with p99. Currently Daybreak has given p99 their unofficial blessing; new owners might not see it that way.
Old 12-23-2016, 03:36 PM   #4
Kelefane
[RETIRED]

Kelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond repute

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...rumors.237401/

They lock threads like this over there that discuss stuff that isn't circle jerk "Yes Man" kumbaya material.
Old 12-24-2016, 08:30 AM   #5
BastardLunatic
Is a bald rat cunt

BastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond repute

wow, asheron's call is going away. I didn't realize it was that expensive to run a few 486 VM's
Victory over Frodlin, Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:15 pm.

Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst.
When Nero used Christians as human torches, that was the only time they brought any light into the world.
Mankind will never be free to progress and advance to its destined position as the pre-eminent intelligent species in the galaxy until the last stone from the last church is cast down onto the last priest.
BastardLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 09:37 AM   #6
Kelefane
[RETIRED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastardLunatic View Post
wow, asheron's call is going away. I didn't realize it was that expensive to run a few 486 VM's
Yeah, the same forums that mention that are also speculating that EQ1 or EQ2 might be next to see a sunset. MMORPG's that tend to be grindy are a thing of the past. These days, the new thing is Survival games. All you have to do is go on Steam and look at how many Survival titles are out now (Indie or otherwise) - You have everything from Zombie Survival, to just plain Survival and then Survival with Dinosaurs and Survival with Aliens. All sorts of shit. These same games are also Multiplayer or Co-Op.

Thing about it is, these types of things (sunsets to games) are usually sudden with almost no warning to the playerbase. As an example, DBG might come out and say that the plug is being pulled this coming Monday. When these things happen, they happen fast with almost no buildup.
Old 12-24-2016, 10:55 AM   #7
BastardLunatic
Is a bald rat cunt

BastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelefane View Post
Yeah, the same forums that mention that are also speculating that EQ1 or EQ2 might be next to see a sunset. MMORPG's that tend to be grindy are a thing of the past. These days, the new thing is Survival games. All you have to do is go on Steam and look at how many Survival titles are out now (Indie or otherwise) - You have everything from Zombie Survival, to just plain Survival and then Survival with Dinosaurs and Survival with Aliens. All sorts of shit. These same games are also Multiplayer or Co-Op.

Thing about it is, these types of things (sunsets to games) are usually sudden with almost no warning to the playerbase. As an example, DBG might come out and say that the plug is being pulled this coming Monday. When these things happen, they happen fast with almost no buildup.
EQ 1 and 2 still generate revenue. They still have active development. They still have a few years of autopilot ahead of them.

Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst.
When Nero used Christians as human torches, that was the only time they brought any light into the world.
Mankind will never be free to progress and advance to its destined position as the pre-eminent intelligent species in the galaxy until the last stone from the last church is cast down onto the last priest.
Old 12-24-2016, 11:30 AM   #8
Kelefane
[RETIRED]

That makes me wonder though what would happen if they get sold to someone who isn't that privy with games and aren't that ambitious.
Old 12-24-2016, 11:35 AM   #9
Xanathol
Administrator

Xanathol has disabled reputation

Horizon is still alive. Take Horizon's lifespan, multiply by 20, and EQ has at least that much longer.
Xanathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 02:48 PM   #10
BastardLunatic
Is a bald rat cunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelefane View Post
That makes me wonder though what would happen if they get sold to someone who isn't that privy with games and aren't that ambitious.
that's when it goes on autopilot