Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > The Arena

The Arena General forum/Wretched Hive of Scum and Villany

Old 04-13-2017, 08:41 PM   #11
Ravengloome

Ravengloome has a spectacular aura aboutRavengloome has a spectacular aura about
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post
Pfft - they still left a HHE in there!
Hey you might be able to outdps me now... maybe

So be happy
Ravengloome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 10:53 PM   #12
Kelefane
[RETIRED]

Kelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond repute

So basic combat skills like backstab, bash, frenzy and kick and all that shit will fire now off auto attack? lol - That would have been awesome 15 years ago.

Oh well, sounds like easy mode incoming, LOL. This will take a bit of skill away from the game. Now slackers have an extra layer of slack to hide behind.

Catering to casuals and boxers IMO.
Kelefane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:42 AM   #13
Ravengloome

Ravengloome has a spectacular aura aboutRavengloome has a spectacular aura about

I don't see how it's any different then hitting a G button and auto firing.

Which has been the MO for alot of the sspammier classes for awhile.

Except that fires everything instead of just kick.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:51 AM   #14
Kelefane
[RETIRED]

Kelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravengloome View Post
I don't see how it's any different then hitting a G button and auto firing.

Which has been the MO for alot of the sspammier classes for awhile.

Except that fires everything instead of just kick.
Well, slackers can legit slack now. I remember leading raids where certain rogues or monks just never fired off their basic combat buttons. That shit is easy to see and tell in parses by looking at numbers. So if auto attack now automatically fires these specials off like backstab, flying kick and frenzy etc, then this is gonna breed lazy ass players. Or let me rephrase that......it has the POTENTIAL to do so. Meanwhile players that were already lazy have an extra layer of lazy to hide behind.

But maybe my thinking is antiquated on this. Hell, I haven't even played since 2013.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:01 AM   #15
BastardLunatic
Is a bald rat cunt

BastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond reputeBastardLunatic has a reputation beyond repute

well that complicates bash timing on casters etc..

I see why they did it. MQ2Melee plugin has been doing that for 10 years.

actually with all the AA abilities you're clicking and keeping track of it's nice to reduce the button fest.
Victory over Frodlin, Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:15 pm.

Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst.
When Nero used Christians as human torches, that was the only time they brought any light into the world.
Mankind will never be free to progress and advance to its destined position as the pre-eminent intelligent species in the galaxy until the last stone from the last church is cast down onto the last priest.
BastardLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 12:15 PM   #16
Kelefane
[RETIRED]

True. EQ has turned into a Wack-A-Mole game.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:47 PM   #17
Ravengloome

For some classes EQ has been whack a mole since like SOF or so.

Mages and clerics have been multibind in since SOD/UF
Paladins/Beasts/Rangers/Wizards/Melee since like HOT

Which is about the time certain members of those classes started fully utilizing autofire keyboards/gamepads to increase throughput/decrease reaction time failures.

It's fucking gay I'll agree, but it's either that or leave player potential on the table.

That's the way they want to design the game, make choices irrelevant by making there only be the illusion of choice.