Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Abilities and Tactics

Abilities and Tactics A place to discuss SK abilities such as Spells, AA\'s, and Melee as well as how to best use them.

Old 12-29-2018, 12:16 PM   #1
flatchy
I got my AA the old fashioned way I earned em

flatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond repute
Default I could use a hand

OK I have a secret. I have never blocked any heals from mercs. Never. I also have never had trouble killing a named with just a merc healer. UNTIL NOW. The new expansion sucks , is tuned to raiders as they tend to do from time to time. Soooo., I think I need to do what you guys suggested to others years ago. Problem is I never don't it so could use a refresher and maybe some spell numbers or whatever it takes to do this. Anyone still playing mind giving me a heads up on this?

Thanks
Flatch

12 level 105 toons, who do I want to be today???
flatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:11 PM   #2
Rakharth

Rakharth has much to be proud ofRakharth has much to be proud ofRakharth has much to be proud ofRakharth has much to be proud ofRakharth has much to be proud ofRakharth has much to be proud ofRakharth has much to be proud ofRakharth has much to be proud ofRakharth has much to be proud of

I haven't played in awhile but used to block the heal from the merc that casted a heal automatically after a few seconds cant remember the name, but blocking that made the merc heal better.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:18 PM   #3
Rakharth

Rakharth has much to be proud ofRakharth has much to be proud ofRakharth has much to be proud ofRakharth has much to be proud ofRakharth has much to be proud ofRakharth has much to be proud ofRakharth has much to be proud ofRakharth has much to be proud ofRakharth has much to be proud of

Promised Renewal lines are the spells
Old 01-03-2019, 01:24 PM   #4
Rakharth

Might have been the heal over time spells been so long i dont wanna steer you wrong i would try one of those though and see what happens block the hot and see if merc heals better if not unblock it and try the other.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:58 AM   #5
flatchy

flatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond repute

That's what I was thinking. Thank you for answering. I block buff by right clicking them and choosing that one and picking block this buff. Is it the same with heals?

Old 01-05-2019, 10:12 PM   #6
Rakharth

Should be same can also unblock them by clicking on the eq icon its under player tab iirc
Old 01-17-2019, 12:52 AM   #7
Boadecea

Boadecea has much to be proud ofBoadecea has much to be proud ofBoadecea has much to be proud ofBoadecea has much to be proud ofBoadecea has much to be proud ofBoadecea has much to be proud ofBoadecea has much to be proud ofBoadecea has much to be proud of

What I use is the following, (via hot keys)

/blockspell add me 13 55157 55290 55202

/blockspell add pet 13 55157 55290 55202

This blocks complete heal and the following spell lines: (1) Merciful Elixir; (2) Elixir of Wulthan; and (3) Promised Remedy.

By spell lines, I mean it blocks all earlier iterations of these spells and includes the Rank 1, 2, and 3 spells. Basically, you're trying to block out the heal over time lines. If you regularly group with a "real cleric" who uses these spells (some use promised, clerics that don't group with shaman may use the elixirs). If you're on a progression server, you may still have complete heal chains, I guess.

Then create a hot key that reads,

/blockspell remove me 13 55157 55290 55202

and/or

/blockspell remove pet 13 55157 55290 55202

You can then add or remove those spells as needed from your blocked list. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Boadecea; 01-17-2019 at 12:59 AM.
Boadecea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 06:31 AM   #8
flatchy

Thanks all I will get that hotkey in. So Hots are all you look to block from them?

Old 01-30-2019, 02:09 PM   #9
Boadecea

Boadecea has much to be proud ofBoadecea has much to be proud ofBoadecea has much to be proud ofBoadecea has much to be proud ofBoadecea has much to be proud ofBoadecea has much to be proud ofBoadecea has much to be proud ofBoadecea has much to be proud of

Hots and promised line. You can block other stuff, but for making merc healing snappier, that's it.

At least that's my experience.
Old 02-01-2019, 02:42 PM   #10
_neo_

_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boadecea View Post
Hots and promised line. You can block other stuff, but for making merc healing snappier, that's it.

At least that's my experience.
splash too.
_neo_ is offline   Reply With Quote