Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Abilities and Tactics

Abilities and Tactics A place to discuss SK abilities such as Spells, AA\'s, and Melee as well as how to best use them.

Old 11-26-2016, 11:48 PM   #1
Ikrog
eltit motsuc a tes ot deen I

Ikrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Harmonious Disruption

Some basic testing with this. I have more to do to get a better understanding but initially, some random thoughts spewed out.

While:
* The Harmonious Disruption buff is on you
* And a direct/instant heal lands on you
* While you have an attackable PC or NPC targeted
* And that NPC is in close, melee range

Then:
* 100% of the time, an innate lifetap will fire
* 100% of the time, a medium-range AE Agro no damage will filre
* 33% of the time, Cascading Theft of Defense will fire (as the agro counts as a terror)

The heal cannot come from yourself - taps do not initiate.

This occurs under any situation; whether you are attacking or not, whether you are invis or not.

The range of the life tap is short. Seems to be about 40' - melee distance.

If you are invisible and in range; the lifetap fires, it will drop invis and cast.
If you are invisible and out of range, you just get a "Your target is out of range" message but do not break invis.

The base Rank 1 is 12,479 hp.
- A warrior of Droga's heartbeat is disrupted.
- You have healed Ikrog for 12479 points.
- Your disruption heals you. You have been healed for 12479 points.

It can exceptional for 24,958. But I have never seen it crit.

I am currently using it pretty much full-time. Half the direct heals from any external source get a 12.5k or 25k boost. Seems worth the mana and recast every 5 minutes.

EDIT: Updated incorrect information

Last edited by Ikrog; 12-04-2016 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Updated incorrect information
Ikrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 11:45 PM   #2
pheared

pheared is an unknown quantity at this point

I been using it as well. I think it's the only good spell we got with this expac.
Old 12-04-2016, 01:53 AM   #3
Ikrog

Ikrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond repute

My testing was flawed - it fires 100% if you are in range. In initial test, I was on the ragged edge so half didn't fire.

And as added bonus - the AE Agro counts as a terror - so 1/3rd of the time you also get a Theft of Defense firing on top of the rest.

Seems a no-brainer to keep this up, even though it needs refreshing every 5 minutes (with full SCR).
Old 02-21-2017, 02:14 PM   #4
vaako

vaako is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry for bumping this, anyone had issues over agroing on raids??
Old 02-21-2017, 03:56 PM   #5
Xanathol
Administrator

Xanathol has disabled reputation

What, you don't like locking down all adds to destroy you in record time?

Yeah, it is definitely a 'buyer beware' ability. I find it best in groups or older content for easy "I got all this without thinking" aggro.
Xanathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:08 PM   #6
sojero
title, custom

sojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah i don't use it on any new raids. unless I have deflect ready before hand.
sojero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:16 AM   #7
vaako

vaako is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been using it since release and not noticed anything in particular, but a guildie SK claims he can't use it safely..

Would say the new 1hander creates similar amount of ae tho?
Old 02-22-2017, 09:29 AM   #8
Kravn
F HILLARY 2016

Kravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaako View Post
I've been using it since release and not noticed anything in particular, but a guildie SK claims he can't use it safely..

Would say the new 1hander creates similar amount of ae tho?
Not even close.

Using Harmonious on EoK raids is a deathwish unless there is a lot of healing focused on you.

Runes, even the big ones, are a static value. The AE hate on harmonious procs are a static value + a % value of your current overall hate. The more it procs, the more hate it adds per proc. It can and will get to a point nobody can peel stuff off of you.

Using it on raids makes it so you can't really split tanking duties between multiple knights. I know a couple that use it just because its new and cool and shit but I seriously want to slap them because it makes my job 500% harder trying to perform my tanking duties.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:14 AM   #9
Ikrog

Remember that it's based on the amount of direct heals landing on you.

So if you use it but aren't taking major damage and being healed a ton - no big deal.

But if you are being spam-healed by multiple clerics as you tank a raid named, expect every add (and other named) in the zone to lock onto your arse.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:53 AM   #10
pheared

pheared is an unknown quantity at this point

Never used during a raid so this is good to know. When in groups which I am 98% of the time, I have this up and running an no problems with it.