Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Abilities and Tactics

Abilities and Tactics A place to discuss SK abilities such as Spells, AA\'s, and Melee as well as how to best use them.

Old 02-23-2017, 05:44 PM   #11
Ikrog
eltit motsuc a tes ot deen I

Ikrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond repute

One other point to mention - this has only happened to me a couple times since EoK release.

But 100% of the DD heals on you fire a life-tap on your target.

So if you scoot ahead of your group, scouting, targeting mobs... and the cleric heals you. Blam - you just agro/pulled a mob.

Not really sure how I'd change anything, just to keep in mind.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:38 AM   #12
Ikrog

Ikrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond reputeIkrog has a reputation beyond repute

So the 2 mil hp boom on Alliance being fulfilled isn't currently dumped to the log; not part of the parse.

I was thinking of attribution (if/when it is added to the logs) - obvious answer being the caster of Alliance is credited with the damage.

But "thinking out loud", is that the right answer? Spamming the Taps/Spears is the real work. Ignoring technical feasibility - why not encourage the effort in fulfilling the alliance by giving the nuke credit to the last DD triggering it?
Old 02-28-2017, 09:29 AM   #13
Kravn
F HILLARY 2016

Kravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikrog View Post
So the 2 mil hp boom on Alliance being fulfilled isn't currently dumped to the log; not part of the parse.

I was thinking of attribution (if/when it is added to the logs) - obvious answer being the caster of Alliance is credited with the damage.

But "thinking out loud", is that the right answer? Spamming the Taps/Spears is the real work. Ignoring technical feasibility - why not encourage the effort in fulfilling the alliance by giving the nuke credit to the last DD triggering it?

Honestly, The alliance spells are a poorly thought out, overly difficult to implement disaster. Not just for us, but for a lot of classes. Those of us that were actively in beta were very vocal regarding just how useless they would really be for us. I, for one, have yet to even mem or cast it once since EoK has gone live... and rarely use Harmonious either.

SKs got the short end of the stick with new spell abilities this expansion, getting 1-2 less than all other hybrids; and the ones we got were total weaksauce.

The only real positive for us in EoK was our few small AA driven DPS boosts that culminated into a nice package for us.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:49 AM   #14
sojero
title, custom

sojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond repute

The SK's in my guild use bloodletting alliance on raids and have a hotkey telling the other sk when they used it so we dont all use it at the same time. We are/should always be chaining spear and taps so it almost always gets used unless we are on different targets, and then well, you shouldnt be using it anyway.
sojero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:28 PM   #15
Ikrog

I think you are missing some serious benefits, Kravn.

As with sojero we are using alliance to great benefit on raids. Last Prince had us trigger 42 of them through the event. SKs are spamming Taps and Spears anyway - so they fulfill almost automatically.

In those uncommon times I group-content with another SK, the boost is noticeable. 4 mil extra damage (again almost automatically triggered) every minute on top of the spears/taps already being cast. Do the math on the DPS gain.

GINA timers work great for it on both the casting and the fulfilling.

And I rarely run without Harmonious. Not sure why you wouldn't. Another free lifetap *every* time your cleric or merc heals you PLUS an ae agro benefit so great you often need to remove it during raids.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:27 PM   #16
Krazzi

Krazzi is an unknown quantity at this point

How many SKs are on your raid? Normally only 2 on my guilds raids. And we are normally tanking different adds.

Last edited by Krazzi; 03-06-2017 at 07:29 PM.
Krazzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 12:51 AM   #17
Ikrog

We have 2-4. And yes, it only works on certain events. Prince is a perfect one. Or the start of Incarnate of Droga before Golems, etc..

Point being. Don't underestimate what "almost free" 2 mil hp nukes do.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:36 AM   #18
_neo_

_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts

Alliance:

alliance is great dps, but many are reluctant to make use of it because it lowers their dps when they link combined parses with gamparse.

Many dpsing want to have that perfect parse, and alliance hinders that if using Beimeiths software --that's one problem.

The other problem, is that some classes were brought up to be selfish, and exponents of them don't intuitively want to cast things to help other players when they can be making their parse look good (e.g. wizards) or going 100% into having a spellline up that compliments themselves as opposed to other players.

They've essentially added a utility to every class allowing them to be more selfless if they want to be, creating an inner conflict for some players 'do i go for my perfect gamparse stomp, or do I do what is actually best'.

I haven't tried alliance in group content since beta, but it was taking mobs in FM down abt 80% of their total hitpoints which was insanely good.

Anyhow, if you can sacrifice the spellgem and supply your comrades with GINA triggers, do it.

Harmonious

On raids, I like to think of this spell like a toggle ability.

You can click it off & recast at your leisure depending on whether you think you are biting off more than you can chew (or as you notice yourself climbing on the etw you may pre-emptively click it off before you have everything).

you can either setup a hotkey to block & unblock it, or u could just click it off when u no longer want it on, then just recast when u want it back.

If your raid team likes to make very strict use of /tar /xtar, it might be better not to use this spell outside of emergencies, or to tank your mobs well out of range of everybody else so the AE aggro Godmode doesn't become a problem.

Raid teams that like to super delegate with /xtar /tar are usually still relying on those tanks not to go LD/die, or they have a loose mob. For that reason, SK's should still be using deceitful deflection & distasteful bargain or w/e to generate AE aggro to cover accidents, but harmonious is too much.

Last edited by _neo_; 04-13-2017 at 09:37 AM. Reason: correction
_neo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:52 AM   #19
mallakhi

mallakhi is an unknown quantity at this point

Agree, virtually impossible to use on a raid unless you really want everything on you. Group game its pretty fantastic.
mallakhi is offline   Reply With Quote