Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > The Arena

The Arena General forum/Wretched Hive of Scum and Villany

Old 11-27-2018, 10:05 PM   #1
flatchy
I got my AA the old fashioned way I earned em

flatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond repute
Default The state of things ATM

Its pretty quiet on this site. I hate to admit it but I check DBG EQ forums daily and this one so and so cuz its been pretty dead. I hate the other forum, bunch of cocksuckers who are nothing but pompous windbags, and of course if you are not a raider your opinion isn't shit. Oh and the worse cocksucker would of course be a paladin. Some tranny guild leader of Machine Shed, what a douche. He or she truly lives up to the paladin label.

Woops sorry off on a tangent.

The game is losing its allure but taken on a different direction for me. Been working on quests, tasks , whatever you wanna call em. I have always kept my hand in tradeskills and been fairly decent with em. As I got more and more of em up to 300 or close I decided to work on that Artisans Prize. (4 years too late FLatchy, right?) I went through them tasks to get that shit done and I did . I admit it , I enjoyed it and looked forward to doing it. I loved doing it later and seeing some of these old ass zones I used to fear and rock back in the day. Heh the steam factory, I was the guy playing the single toon with Gatlen, or Obsessive, a friend of mine who used to box back before everyone and their Grandma did it. He killed it back before mercs were a thing, you healed yourself and he taught me. Well see memories like that, while doing this. That task was longer than both my epics lol. After I got that done, well I don't know if you could say its done because its what 300 ac 3000 hp when max? Mine is like 150 ac and 1500 HP so even though its the best aug I got it is not complete.

Woops forgot to mention Crestas earring that is what started this whole tradeskill surge for me anyway. I did that as far as I could. I don't have VP access yet cuz well I don't play as much as I used to so not gonna ask a guy I play once a week with to spend it all on getting me a damn VP key, what is there 12 parts , fuck I hate zones with keys, always have. Let me in and see what I can get done.

Ok crestas done (far as I can do atm) , Artisans prize is in the ear, now what? Well someone said Coldain Prayer shawl 3.0 OK I had not done even 1.0 so I print out all them damn things (at work of course cuz shit I don't wanna pay for all that ink lol) and start in from scratch. AGAIN another great trip down memory lane. Reminds me of doing that shit Dain hammer for the buff. So did all 3 of them Dain shawls and got the aug. Which really now a days if it wasn't for the rune it tosses on you , it really might not be one you would use. But I got it and I am in the club.

NOW WHAT?? Some people have suggested Jonas Dagmires skeleton parrot aug. The shoulder one I think. It really does not look that good anymore. FIll me in if it is and tell me why, I am looking for a project for my 12 days of Christmas I got off. ATM I am working on that Gunthak Swabby whatever for the gnome pirate illusion just for the hell of it. I love clickies and old camps that make ya work for it. If you got something I can waste some time on send ole Flatch a message.

Happy Holidays to you all!

12 level 105 toons, who do I want to be today???
flatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 01:26 PM   #2
sojero
title, custom

sojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to work on hunters for the last 3/4 xpacs and collections as some of the new stuff might use them to power up. Nothing 100% set in stone in beta yet, but thats the way its looking.
sojero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 05:36 PM   #3
Villin

Villin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond reputeVillin has a reputation beyond repute

Evolve your alaris tear all the way for the defensive bonus?

Hero's Journey?

https://eq.magelo.com/achievements/7...urney-Conquest

Last edited by Villin; 11-28-2018 at 05:42 PM.
Villin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:11 AM   #4
Kelefane
[RETIRED]

Kelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond repute

Hows the overall population of the game these days? I don't mean to include the 24/7 AFKers. I was told by someone that the population seems almost halved since 2012 or so.
Kelefane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 03:13 PM   #5
flatchy
I got my AA the old fashioned way I earned em

flatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond repute

Its pretty easy to get a camp now a days. I am suprised sometime though. Its pretty busy in Pok around the old Tradeskill areas, lots of that crap going on.

I was doing task in valley of luanyanen or whatever it is, It was the one to get an extra merc slot. So i was killing 5 named spots in huge swaths. I would pull massive amounts of soldiers, or farmers or trees and just swarm em down. i spent a few nights down there looking for that triumvate bloodstone off of a named and my Tear moved maybe 1% here and there. I never did loot one of those books (or fragments of history whatever) that ups your tear. So maxxing that tear up prolly wont happen. Unless you have a better spot to do that stuff.

What is heros journey btw? I really dont delve that deep or go cutting edge anymore but if My interest is peaked I will put in the time.

12 level 105 toons, who do I want to be today???
flatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 04:19 PM   #6
sojero
title, custom

sojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelefane View Post
Hows the overall population of the game these days? I don't mean to include the 24/7 AFKers. I was told by someone that the population seems almost halved since 2012 or so.
Population on my server, The Rathe, is shit, but i hear we are one of the lowest servers for population.
sojero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 06:39 PM   #7
Kravn
F HILLARY 2016

Kravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond reputeKravn has a reputation beyond repute

BB still has a pretty good population.. new expansion camps are fairly contested during peak times.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:08 AM   #8
_neo_

_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatchy View Post
I was doing task in valley of luanyanen or whatever it is, It was the one to get an extra merc slot. So i was killing 5 named spots in huge swaths. I would pull massive amounts of soldiers, or farmers or trees and just swarm em down. i spent a few nights down there looking for that triumvate bloodstone off of a named and my Tear moved maybe 1% here and there. I never did loot one of those books (or fragments of history whatever) that ups your tear. So maxxing that tear up prolly wont happen. Unless you have a better spot to do that stuff.
The drop rate for the fragments which contribute to the tears of alaris is better in the City of Bronze or Shards Landing. Personally I prefer to do City of Bronze, because there are a number of alarans that cast a slow in Shards Landing.

I went from 0 to finished on my tear over the course of 5 days by swarming City of Bronze during CotF expac. You can do the mobs in 2 big piles (clearing out most of the city and most in that multistory building in the center), with a few minutes rest between respawns. I want to say for every hundred or more mobs (1 pile), you'll get something like 0-4 fragments.

There's an alternative method to the swarming, which is a group mission in Sarith City called 'Rebel Assault'. The trick was to get the mission, AE kill the first pile of mobs, then drop the task and re-get it (Try to lure them away a bit from where the guards path so they don't KS). You can flip this instance every minute or two. It gets old fast though.

I'd advise not clicking any of your fragments until you're about level 12 with the tear (picking level 12 off the top of my head, it'll depend on how many fragments you have). iirc the fragments give 5% toward the tears xp, whereas the alaran kills give less xp toward your tear depending on the level of it, so killing alarans, you start getting diminishing returns. You can actually hoard all of your fragments, until you know that you have enough to spend them all at once to complete the tear.

..There might be tricks with shrouding down to increase the xp gain from alarans for your tear, not something i've tested.

Last edited by _neo_; 01-09-2019 at 01:26 AM.
_neo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 01:15 AM   #9
_neo_

_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts_neo_ is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatchy View Post
Woops forgot to mention Crestas earring that is what started this whole tradeskill surge for me anyway. I did that as far as I could. I don't have VP access yet cuz well I don't play as much as I used to so not gonna ask a guy I play once a week with to spend it all on getting me a damn VP key, what is there 12 parts , fuck I hate zones with keys, always have. Let me in and see what I can get done.
Come on, it's easy, especially for a guy who can be bothered with tradeskills (god i hate those). Run the group missions a few times for key drops, and whatever is missing after that you can camp the ph's for. It's much less work than tradeskilling usually is.
_neo_ is offline   Reply With Quote