Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Abilities and Tactics

Abilities and Tactics A place to discuss SK abilities such as Spells, AA\'s, and Melee as well as how to best use them.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:25 PM   #1
turbines

turbines is on a distinguished road
Default New to the SK business

I just leveled up my SK to have an actual tank. I have previously been using a ranger or merc but that just wasn't working. Does anyone have a good mash key setup to keep my group or eventually raid from pulling aggro? I have been losing aggro to both the ranger and zkr, and when a friend is around a necro almost every single mob. I appreciate any information or website you might refer me to to get this issue resolved.
turbines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 11:58 PM   #2
Deccado
Eater of Babes

Deccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond repute

What lvl is your Sk? I don't know what the kids are using these days (or what all the changes have been), but it's traditionally been hard to hotkey aggro instead of managing the Sk and hotkeying the other group members.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:12 AM   #3
turbines

turbines is on a distinguished road

SK is 105 and has all of the important AA's
turbines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 04:10 PM   #4
Ikrog
eltit motsuc a tes ot deen I

Ikrog has much to be proud ofIkrog has much to be proud ofIkrog has much to be proud ofIkrog has much to be proud ofIkrog has much to be proud ofIkrog has much to be proud ofIkrog has much to be proud ofIkrog has much to be proud ofIkrog has much to be proud ofIkrog has much to be proud ofIkrog has much to be proud of

Just a few minor items -

* When possible, have the SK pull with a Terror. Initial aggro + terror.

* Use Terrors

* Cast Voice of Thule on SK. With max AA, that's 20 minute duration.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:20 PM   #5
Deccado
Eater of Babes

Deccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond reputeDeccado has a reputation beyond repute

Also, do you have a hate mod on your gear?
Old 10-03-2017, 11:32 PM   #6
Wyvern

Wyvern has a brilliant futureWyvern has a brilliant futureWyvern has a brilliant futureWyvern has a brilliant futureWyvern has a brilliant futureWyvern has a brilliant futureWyvern has a brilliant futureWyvern has a brilliant futureWyvern has a brilliant futureWyvern has a brilliant futureWyvern has a brilliant future

Hot Key ideas

I make sure to keep VoT or Touch of Holmein up all the time. 1H with Rune process or 2. Spear, Terror, Impose for Power are your main aggro spells. I do not have a aggro face focus anymore but have no issues with my necro using 5-6+ dots. If I do not focus a lot of time on aggro ramping (spam terror, spear, etc) my shaman will out aggro my SK if he uses 3+ dots. Shaman will out DPS my necro easily in the group game.

Last edited by Wyvern; 10-08-2017 at 11:31 AM.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote