Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Race Discussion

Race Discussion Post your race questions and begin race riots here.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:10 PM   #91
Manea

Manea is on a distinguished road

I would have chosen an Iksar.

Gizme Yurstuf
70 Bard
Magelo: http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1316851
Manea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 03:14 PM   #92
Fehnris Wuhlf

Fehnris Wuhlf is an unknown quantity at this point

ogre all the way baby toyed around with humans, and other races, but ogres are the shit all other races can kiss my ogre ass
Fehnris Wuhlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 01:49 PM   #93
Jovec

Jovec is on a distinguished road

The FD animation on the original Troll models was incredibly funny, and a main factor (along with the regen, we are talking vanilla EQ here) that I played a Troll SK. When my friends changed servers (prior to paid transfers), I went with a Erudite SK, largely because of the robe look the original models had, but also because they were the rarest of the SK races. Sadly, the near models and animations destroyed my orginal reasons for liking said races.
Jovec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:02 AM   #94
Berg
Assume I'm wrong, just explain why

Berg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant future

I play a gnome SK on the Combine server, and I certainly have regrets about this from time to time, principally when I look at the HP of other tanks in my guild. There are SK in my guild, in worse gear than I have, who have amost a quarter again as much HP as I do. This is the first real "tank" class I've played (well, a froglok warrior I got to 30 back when LOY first opened up), and I believed the common wisdom that starting stats don't really matter in the long run. Well, that may be so, but I imagined the 'long run' to be somewhere in the kunark/velious era, level 60 with decent gear... instead I'm 65 with 80 AA and some LDoN gear, augments, new hot zone gear... and my sta, even raid buffed, is well short of my 305 stat cap...my hp total shows it too. That said, at the end of the day, I still prefer gnome. I like the idea of a gnome SK, I enjoy the camraderie of fellow gnomes, and the fact that gnomes are the butts of so many jokes, yet still have Halflings to kick around. I like the relatively high base intelligence, my mana pool is half again as large as my fellow guild SK's, even though I've made no effort at all to improve it. Most of all though, I like being short, for two reasons: 1) parrallax. Close to the ground, you feel like you are moving faster. I've played a vah shir bard, and even low level selos feels like you're moving slower than a gnome does just running around at level 1. Same is true of halflings and dwarves, its just hard for me to play any race taller than that because I always feel like I might be snared. I know this is an illusion, but a pervasive one. 2) pre-shrunk. On most raids, the call goes out to shrink the tanks. We don't, for the most part, have shrink items, so there's some juggling around of shaman and tanks in an effort to the the job done. Meanwhile, I just laugh. I've ended up as MT on quite a few targets just because I'm already shrunk and can corner that mob nice and tight.
Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 08:32 AM   #95
Dohn
The Origional

Dohn will become famous soon enoughDohn will become famous soon enoughDohn will become famous soon enoughDohn will become famous soon enough

Shrink pots. A racial benefit that's outweighed by an easily, cheaply, and readily purchased item isn't really a benefit. If your tanks are waiting until they're hot on target to shrink, they've very slack. If your raid leaders are assigning MT based on who's already shrunk while hot on target, they're very confusing.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:00 AM   #96
Berg
Assume I'm wrong, just explain why

Berg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant futureBerg has a brilliant future

My general understanding is that in the long run all the racial advantages are minor and can largely be overcome by AA or items or such... for example, I got 2 hand bash, while large races get slam... advantage to them until I spent the AA, and I guess it saves them some, but in the long run, no big.
Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:34 AM   #97
Dohn
The Origional

Dohn will become famous soon enoughDohn will become famous soon enoughDohn will become famous soon enoughDohn will become famous soon enough

The exception to that being - Iksar AC bonus and Drakk breath weapon. While neither is large, they are the only two racial benefits that can't be "replaced." And, as AC is tanking king, and Drak look 7 shades of gay....
Old 01-19-2007, 07:34 AM   #98
Slan

Slan is just really niceSlan is just really niceSlan is just really niceSlan is just really niceSlan is just really niceSlan is just really niceSlan is just really niceSlan is just really niceSlan is just really niceSlan is just really niceSlan is just really nice

Iksar is king~!
Slan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 11:40 PM   #99
Smidgit

Smidgit is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink

A co worker asked me to roll up an SK on his server, and at that time, I was sick of shrink potions and stuff, so I rolled up a gnome SK. I get lots of laughs, but I'm a tradeskill whore, so a gnome just adds one more tradeskill to what I can do. I'd say "bite me," but I think some of you'd get out the ketchup and do just that.
Smidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 12:23 AM   #100
Izabadman
Retired

Izabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud ofIzabadman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smidgit
A co worker asked me to roll up an SK on his server, and at that time, I was sick of shrink potions and stuff, so I rolled up a gnome SK. I get lots of laughs, but I'm a tradeskill whore, so a gnome just adds one more tradeskill to what I can do. I'd say "bite me," but I think some of you'd get out the ketchup and do just that.
But you get extra points for actually having "midget" in your name.

Sig Art by Nick Deligaris. Used with permission.
Izabadman is offline   Reply With Quote