Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > The Armory

The Armory Weapon, Armor, and Utility gear discussion.

Old 05-07-2020, 09:46 PM   #1
Raskas_Bristlebane

Raskas_Bristlebane has a spectacular aura aboutRaskas_Bristlebane has a spectacular aura aboutRaskas_Bristlebane has a spectacular aura aboutRaskas_Bristlebane has a spectacular aura aboutRaskas_Bristlebane has a spectacular aura about
Default Don't call it a comeback

I retired my SK as a main when we were doing Beta for Underfoot on Bristlebane. At 90 he had 48 ish? Hp iirc and over 4k ac, probably more than 4100. Started playing my rogue on Tunare and moved the SK there, got him all non prestige gear and shitty augs and never really did anything with him after that.
So I loaded eq on a new computer last weekend and logged on to a ton of refunded aa to spend, and no ui setup.(silver account) Got that all sorted and had a closer look at some of my stats. Keep in mind..... I haven't done anything with eq for 7 ish years. My current AC is now 21xx. So my question is..... did my prestige aug set really account for 2k AC??!
I'm pretty sure the answer is renew your paid account
Raskas_Bristlebane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 09:03 AM   #2
Xanathol
Administrator

Xanathol has disabled reputation

Welcome back!

AC is now broken down into its components - mitigation AC and avoidance AC. The numbers are much lower than what old schoolers would be used to but are what the game uses internally.

I haven't played live in quite a while but iirc, I seem to remember all good AC augs were prestige and I don't think any gear is ever unflagged prestige through the eras. I'm guessing you are seeing a combination of the display change and lost AC from prestige items.
Xanathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 09:35 AM   #3
Raskas_Bristlebane

Raskas_Bristlebane has a spectacular aura aboutRaskas_Bristlebane has a spectacular aura aboutRaskas_Bristlebane has a spectacular aura aboutRaskas_Bristlebane has a spectacular aura aboutRaskas_Bristlebane has a spectacular aura about

Hey Xanathol,

Long time... thanks for the response.
So I add the 2 numbers together to come up with my AC how I remember it?
Raskas_Bristlebane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:19 AM   #4
Xanathol
Administrator

Xanathol has disabled reputation

Yeah it has been.

I want to say that it wasn't a straight up add up of the two numbers but honestly forgot. I think there was a breakdown burried on the official forums from Dzarn somewhere though. Anyhow, the breakout is how it is maintained today.
Xanathol is offline   Reply With Quote