Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > Class Balance Suggestions

Class Balance Suggestions Place your suggestions for Shadow Knight/EverQuest enhancements here.

Old 04-27-2017, 01:23 PM   #41
Kelefane
[RETIRED]

Kelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond reputeKelefane has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe these things are still an issue. Me and Mykaylla ran extensive tests back in like 2013 or so with an SK/Pally regarding these agro issues/differences, etc. I guess the devs don't listen worth a shit still. Or they have long term selective memory loss. Or new devs are around and the ones that were devs when I played are all gone or some shit.

Awful.
Kelefane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:29 PM   #42
Xanathol
Administrator

Xanathol has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftie View Post
I literally never joined the conversation about the dps or aggro except to comment anecdotally. You mentioned me by name in this thread like the tardcart that you are. How do I have an agenda when my only posts are to correct you falsifications of data? The funny thing is that my name holds so much weight people throw it around to try and give credit to their assertions because their argument isn't strong enough on its own merit to the point it was being done when I wasn't even actively playing.
LOL You keep telling yourself that! Hate to break it to you, but I added your name for comedic value, bc this is exactly the kind of bullshit we expect from you.
Xanathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:30 PM   #43
sojero
title, custom

sojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelefane View Post
I can't believe these things are still an issue. Me and Mykaylla ran extensive tests back in like 2013 or so with an SK/Pally regarding these agro issues/differences, etc. I guess the devs don't listen worth a shit still. Or they have long term selective memory loss. Or new devs are around and the ones that were devs when I played are all gone or some shit.

Awful.
Nah the only real issue is harmonious and how butthurt a couple paladins over on the eq forums are about it. Other than that, we are close, and we can all stay ahead of non retarded dps (hello alliance!)
sojero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:45 PM   #44
Xanathol
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojero View Post
Mental terror alone is such a big difference. You said it was 1252, but you are not including in that AA effect that, its actually way more, something like 4k per proc or more on crit. On raids we never have an issue with mana, and if you do, your doing something wrong, and that is chain casting. We also have thought leach, oh hello crit and max mana again!

That is like saying, oh X could outdo Y in dps, if they just ignored their mana consumption, cause you know, that isnt a thing. It is almost like if another class said SK were the highest dps in the game because almost all our dmg comes from AA/discs that can all be hit at the same and come out to tons of boom damage, but goes to shit real fast compared to real dps classes.

While it is not the main topic of agro generation, it is something that has to be considered. Maybe the devs want to limit them that way, I dont know, but it is a limiting factor that has to be recognized
Like I said, I'm not certain what it is now, I just know it ain't crazy like it was. As far as never burning mana on raids, I beg to differ (note - burning, not neccessarily an issue with it). As for TL, that's a long term recovery option; I don't believe they have one but if they want to pursue one, by all means, go for it! Again, completely separate issue. That group isn't on the boards saying "our aggro costs too much mana!" and the ones I am referencing aren't even asking for harmonious fixes - they are asking for striaght up aggro gains all around bc "it is the worst it has even been!", which is bullshit.

Support harmonious nerfs? Check. Support improving their harmonius? Check. Support improving their mana recovery options? Check. Support the "woe is me my aggro sucks so bad give us more all over" cries? Not one bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelefane View Post

Awful.
The harmonious spells are serious derp man. Some are trying to leverage that into a leg up - shocking, I know.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:05 PM   #45
sojero
title, custom

sojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post
Like I said, I'm not certain what it is now, I just know it ain't crazy like it was. As far as never burning mana on raids, I beg to differ (note - burning, not neccessarily an issue with it). As for TL, that's a long term recovery option; I don't believe they have one but if they want to pursue one, by all means, go for it! Again, completely separate issue. That group isn't on the boards saying "our aggro costs too much mana!" and the ones I am referencing aren't even asking for harmonious fixes - they are asking for striaght up aggro gains all around bc "it is the worst it has even been!", which is bullshit.

Support harmonious nerfs? Check. Support improving their harmonius? Check. Support improving their mana recovery options? Check. Support the "woe is me my aggro sucks so bad give us more all over" cries? Not one bit.
I agree with you that the ones that need to stop are the ones that are bitching about single target agro. Their ae does suck, but eh thats been the class and has been since oow (?). it just sucks that many of them play the game wishing they could do what they cannot. Honestly my play style would suit them more, but it does fine for me as an sk as well.

They have one ability to recover mana. I think it took 2 or 3 years to get that one.

Marr's Gift II

Description
1: Increase Hitpoints by 30000
2: Increase Mana by 15000

Has a reuse of like 10 mins, so as you can see its shit.

I also dont have that much issue with the harmonious other than they should have another couple K agro per proc assigned to them, but whatever. I would rather ours be single target as well, I like control of my ae agro, thats why I dont ever use it, other than the group game.

The biggest problem is you went about trying to clarify/defend with a half ass attempt or knowledge that just made you look bad. but that wasn't the worst of it, the problem, and always has been your problem, is you are double downing on it, accept the changes and advice and learn from it. Shit I'm wrong all the time, its a game, and I treat it as such. Not gonna devote my life to learning every class inside out etc, I got other shit to do with my life.

Last edited by sojero; 04-27-2017 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:07 PM   #46
shiftie
No one man should have all that power

shiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond reputeshiftie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathol View Post
LOL You keep telling yourself that! Hate to break it to you, but I added your name for comedic value, bc this is exactly the kind of bullshit we expect from you.

What are you even talking about. You never even played at the same time I was an active player. Or are you riding the coat tails of better sk?
Old 04-27-2017, 02:38 PM   #47
Ravengloome

Ravengloome has a spectacular aura aboutRavengloome has a spectacular aura about

Xanblade you realize you are the Seldom of the SK community right.

Just wondering.
Ravengloome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:41 PM   #48
sojero
title, custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravengloome View Post

Just wondering.
Damn, now that was just uncalled for.......
Old 04-27-2017, 02:50 PM   #49
Xanathol
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojero View Post
I agree with you that the ones that need to stop are the ones that are bitching about single target agro. Their ae does suck, but eh thats been the class and has been since oow (?). it just sucks that many of them play the game wishing they could do what they cannot. Honestly my play style would suit them more, but it does fine for me as an sk as well.

They have one ability to recover mana. I think it took 2 or 3 years to get that one.

Marr's Gift II

Description
1: Increase Hitpoints by 30000
2: Increase Mana by 15000

Has a reuse of like 10 mins, so as you can see its shit.

I also dont have that much issue with the harmonious other than they should have another couple K agro per proc assigned to them, but whatever. I would rather ours be single target as well, I like control of my ae agro, thats why I dont ever use it, other than the group game.

The biggest problem is you went about trying to clarify/defend with a half ass attempt or knowledge that just made you look bad. but that wasn't the worst of it, the problem, and always has been your problem, is you are double downing on it, accept the changes and advice and learn from it. Shit I'm wrong all the time, its a game, and I treat it as such. Not gonna devote my life to learning every class inside out etc, I got other shit to do with my life.
Yeah if I were them, I'd push for an improvement there on Marr's Gift.

I don't like the lazy aggro. I do use it while it is there, as the fight permits, but I think it is bad for the game. Whatever.

As for my approach, it most certainly wasn't half-assed - it was based on exactly the terms set forth. Of course those paritcular parties want to dismiss their own terms for their agenda, but that doesn't fly. As for the casts, I got 1 ability wrong with minor aggro to boot? /jerking motion. I categorized all abilities to their purpose and when more ridiculous items were added to the list (omg lifetaps!), I adjusted, added them, and showed how it still didn't matter...

I don't comment to make friends - I call out bullshit. Go figure bullshitters don't like that.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:54 PM   #50
Xanathol
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftie View Post
What are you even talking about. You never even played at the same time I was an active player. Or are you riding the coat tails of better sk?
LOL whatever. You just keep being a legend in your own mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravengloome View Post

Just wondering.
See, I know you well enough to know you are trying to start shit - your Agnarr camps are mine now bitch!