Everquest Shadowknight Forums  

Go Back   Everquest Shadowknight Forums > EverQuest > The Arena

The Arena General forum/Wretched Hive of Scum and Villany

Old 04-08-2020, 08:49 PM   #1
Xanathol
Administrator

Xanathol has disabled reputation
Default Hell froze over (Sk DoT changes)

Evidently SK DoT changes are going in on Test, least post level 71. In looking through the changes, every one I checked became less efficent than it already was.
See https://spells.eqresource.com/history.php?mdy=04072020&source=test for for more info.

Last edited by Xanathol; 04-09-2020 at 10:26 AM.
Xanathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2020, 04:01 PM   #2
sojero
title, custom

sojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond repute

All dot revamps made the dots less efficient. When I parsed live dots vs test dots there was a 50k dps different iirc, not in front of the parses atm, at a much higher mana consumption. Oh and that 50k was under burns, so less when you dont have spire/VoDecay going.

They will not be good for agro, as the agro goes off base, for everything but really really slow groups or soloing, they will not be used.

From the quick spot checking I have done the blood line looks like it would be a dps upgrade over some other dots in the game, but since our spell gems are at a premium for us to do our jobs, I would say let the raid eat the 10k dps that you might see from doing our dot vs another and keep your survivability/agro.

Just my 2c
sojero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 08:35 PM   #3
Xanathol
Administrator

Xanathol has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojero View Post
All dot revamps made the dots less efficient.
They weren't supposed to: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...review.231275/

Quote:
We increased damage/mana efficiency over the entire line in a progressive manner. At each level you should be getting more damage per mana than before.
I've admittedly only checked lower level DoTs of various classes but for each I have, this was indeed the case, least according to eqresource.

Btw, 50k isn't much for live these days, no? Haven't logged on live in forever.
Xanathol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 12:00 AM   #4
mallakhi

mallakhi is an unknown quantity at this point

DPS increase using dots is significant. SK's will now have to figure out what combo of dots is best and how many and what drops to accommodate.
mallakhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 03:06 AM   #5
pheared

pheared is an unknown quantity at this point

Blood and bond seems to be ok in the group game unless the group is turning mobs out quick then just bond. Resist on other dots annoy me.
Old 04-16-2020, 10:46 AM   #6
flatchy
I got my AA the old fashioned way I earned em

flatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like I will finally end up memming some terrors after all heh. I have not logged in since the change to see what goes on but I usually cast every Dott we had on every mob. Looks like that is going to change soon bah.

So anyone care to toss out their spell gem line up to me because sounds like mine just went down the shitter.

15 level 115
toons, who do I want to be today???
flatchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 01:27 PM   #7
sojero
title, custom

sojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond reputesojero has a reputation beyond repute

Flatch, I think the biggest thing is, do you non stop cast or go to your boxes? If you cast a couple then go to boxes, most spell lineups wont be that good for you.

Mine is usually:

Touch (115)
Spear
Dire lifetap
Touch 110
Dichotomic Fang
touch 110
Insidious Denial
Refute
Terror 111
Terror 106
Defiant Stance
skin buff
Bloodletting Alliance if 2 sk

When soloing i drop defiant and bloodletting and load up plague and blood dots, and just spam lifetaps.

In groups I start with terrors and then spam lifetaps till mob is dead, but mobs last around 20 seconds for my normal group, so dots aren't worth anything then.
sojero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 02:01 PM   #8
flatchy

flatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond reputeflatchy has a reputation beyond repute

Well to be honest I usually pull, toss every dott I have ( i use em all) and switch to my other toons. I spend my time casting on the other toons until its time for me to pull again. It just sounds like i wont be able to keep aggro at all now. I use fighter mercs usually cuz they seem to be the most dsp but damn they grab agro. I have not even had a chance to log in since the patch so dont know what to expect tomm morning.

15 level 115
Old 04-18-2020, 09:48 AM   #9
pheared

pheared is an unknown quantity at this point

running lessons with my boxes is a lot more taxing now on mana. only using bond now and terrors and taps.

bond rk2 is 8937 mana
blood rk2 is 8234

i think the lowest one is 7500 mana i think
Old 04-27-2020, 12:12 PM   #10
flatchy

I have been on all weekend and using the same dotts (all we have) and I have seen a pretty sizable upswing on my kill time. Now granted im usually always just pulling singles and no CC so kill at a slower pace than most.

I camp Lore master whatever in GD a lot and 3 ph and two other mobs i kill in under 5 minutes but that is me so I can see where mana would run short on other sk who wanted to chain cast dotts. I run low on mana but before ph repop I always leave room to med, hell im max AA now anyway same with merc AA so what is there to go for?

15 level 115